is the lexus es 350 headers suitable for aurion?

hesam

Power output is 6kw higher for these no? You're right its unlikely to be the exhaust though...

Could you please quote where you got the 6kW higher than the Aurion from? Just curious as everything I've read seems to quote 203kW... which being Lexus, is probably based on premium unleaded only. The Aurion on the other hand is 200kW on regular unleaded and this is bumped up to 204kW with the use of premium.

One way or another though, the difference is only minor and hardly something worthy of quoting as a gain if so.

For the OP: if you were thinking of changing the exhaust headers for the purpose of a power gain, use your money more wisely on something else.

Power output is 6kw higher for these no? You're right its unlikely to be the exhaust though...

Could you please quote where you got the 6kW higher than the Aurion from? Just curious as everything I've read seems to quote 203kW... which being Lexus, is probably based on premium unleaded only. The Aurion on the other hand is 200kW on regular unleaded and this is bumped up to 204kW with the use of premium.

Nope, you're right it is 203. I was going from memory and turns out mines hopeless haha.

I've been doing a small amount of research (by which I mean next to none so far) as to whether or not a 2GR-FSE Platform would fit in the aurion as from memory it produces 230kw normally aspirated, with an ecu that would allow implementation of an aftermarket unit then find out if there is a RWD vehicle with a similar wheelbase to perform a manual RWD conversion

I've been doing a small amount of research (by which I mean next to none so far) as to whether or not a 2GR-FSE Platform would fit in the aurion as from memory it produces 230kw normally aspirated, with an ecu that would allow implementation of an aftermarket unit then find out if there is a RWD vehicle with a similar wheelbase to perform a manual RWD conversion

I've thought about it before but its just not possible IMO. The 2GR-FE is designed to be used east-west to start with. You'd need a completely new subframe up front that would be able to mount the 2GR-FSE north-south and also that fits an Aurion...

Also, I haven't extensively looked at an Aurion on a hoist but I'm sure you'd have to cut a tunnel out for the tranny and driveline, I can't imagine Toyota leaving enough room if the platform was only ever intended to do be FWD.

Then you'd need a completely different rear subframe to mount the diff to etc, and whether that will fit around the fuel tank and all the other existing components is anybodys guess. Then you'd need rear wheel bearings that will take a CV axle.

Thats just the problems I can think of off the top of my head, if you tried to do this conversion you'd just run into headache after headache :P

Also, I haven't extensively looked at an Aurion on a hoist but I'm sure you'd have to cut a tunnel out for the tranny and driveline, I can't imagine Toyota leaving enough room if the platform was only ever intended to do be FWD.

From what I know, there were early plans for Aurion to be AWD, but Japan said no, so it didn't eventuate. IIRC, early protos may have been, so may not be that difficult to accommodate the RWD running gear after all.

Fracken expensive exercise though.

From what I know, there were early plans for Aurion to be AWD, but Japan said no, so it didn't eventuate. IIRC, early protos may have been, so may not be that difficult to accommodate the RWD running gear after all.

Fracken expensive exercise though.

Cough Kluger Running gear...

Well I've sort of been considering buying a prado and just pouring about 30k into my aurion and doing it up properly, engine, suspension, interior, exterior the works, build a proper aurion show car with a bit of muscle (;

And I've been considering the 2GR-FSE, 3UZ-FE, or maybe even an old 1JZ-GTE and using that, then it's just a question of whether or not to go RWD or AWD

Well I've sort of been considering buying a prado and just pouring about 30k into my aurion and doing it up properly, engine, suspension, interior, exterior the works, build a proper aurion show car with a bit of muscle (;

And I've been considering the 2GR-FSE, 3UZ-FE, or maybe even an old 1JZ-GTE and using that, then it's just a question of whether or not to go RWD or AWD

I think 30k is a pretty realistic figure haha. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to discourage you, I've thought about the same thing but I get scared thinking about all the problems you'd inevitably run into...

But by all means go for it! You'd have such an envious car in the end :)

Oh and on the subject of motors, don't go 1JZ-GTE, trust me. They were a good engine at the time but with the technology of modern motors it'd be such a step back IMO. But if huge power and potential is what you're after a 2JZ-GTE would be a better bet, albeit more expensive.

Personally I'd choose a 2GR-FSE/2GR-FZE or for something really different a 3UZ-FE out of a late model Toyota/Lexus.

Yeah well I want my aurion to be the sort of car that when I turn up to meets it puts people in shock (:

Massive power would be good, but the RWD/AWD functionality would be vital, I'm currently trying to contact a hacker under the alias of geohot who is experienced in flashing firmwares to see if it is theoritcally possible to modify the OS of the aur canion ecu to accommodate tuning, thus meaning we really see what the 2GR-FE can produce with upgraded internals, will be keeping the major parts of the build under wraps until I get a break through.

Maybe I should just order a 1LR-GUE (;

I'm considering sendin the vehicle to a customs company in Brisbane to overhaul the interior in cream leather and then repaint the whole car while it's stripped of everything

What I would suggest would be the best option is to convert the aurion into a 5sp (e153 gearbox). Install a Quaife LSD into it. Then Profit and Win. You would be surprised by how this combination can transform the handling from a big single pegging understeery land barge to a monster that can pull you out of corners at speed. But then no-one is actually going to do this so it's a moot point.

RWD or FWD is not vital. Especially it is full time awd

Edited by STYLSH

Out of all the suggestions listed above, the only realistically viable setup is the one STYLSH has mentioned and even that would be in the $5000-$10000 range. RWD won't happen unless you have as much money as TRD USA. AWD, in theory could work, BUT there is no dedicated path under the floor pan to accomodate a prop shaft, or for a rear differential housing. The Klugers have a higher ground clearance than the Aurion as well as being designed for it to fit, so really costs would be just as high as a RWD setup with panel work etc.

Move to Japan, buy 3 year old AWD Camry, live there for 12 months, import vehicle to Australia, swap engine, interior and exterior with your Aurion and transaxle from a Kluger AWD. It would be cheaper & easier.

Read more on Wikipedia under powertrain and market.

I would just buy the right car to begin with ...

i.e. an 86!