Royal Purple Motor Oil

straiv

From an unbiased point of view, it seems to be quite a high-performing oil (someone will always find it crap though, happens with every oil). However, it is ridiculously expensive, and totally not worthwhile for a daily-driven car unless you d/d a Lambo :P

From an unbiased point of view, it seems to be quite a high-performing oil (someone will always find it crap though, happens with every oil). However, it is ridiculously expensive, and totally not worthwhile for a daily-driven car unless you d/d a Lambo :P

pffffft ..... Lambo ...... what about a sportivo :P :P :P :P LOL

I don't see what the attraction is of Royal Purple. It's not going to do a better job than a $60 jug of oil. But, up to the customer what they want to spend their money on.

But dave ..... its purple ...... hahahahaha

I run the stuff knowing that i havent had any issues with it at the recommendation at the boys that put my ride together and i trust their judgement given the engines ive seen them build ...... plus i run the stuff in the gearbox ...... but i guess each to their own.

As noted though it is pricey.

I used Royal Purple in my Skyline after years of using Nulon, definitely felt alot healthier revving out.

For hi-power applications its deffinitely worth the extra money spent, but if it was just for a stocker I wouldnt bother.

I don't see what the attraction is of Royal Purple. It's not going to do a better job than a $60 jug of oil. But, up to the customer what they want to spend their money on.

i couldn't agree more to these two comments. I tried Redline synthetic which costs about the same as the royal purple. I found that it was really nothing to boast about (having tracked with redline, HPR5 and SIN5) really all of them performed adequately. i used to use HPR5 and found it was enough but then moved up to SIN5 as i could get 30% off all SCA stores as my uncle is an employee :yahoo:

what about a sportivo LOL

u mean... a TURBO sportivo ;)

There is no definite answer for this question, you can search for youtube for dyno comparison between royal purple and nulon, you can choose to believe those results

The following is based on my opinion, not gurantee to suit your car..Trust my opinion as your own risk..

I have been doing tracking with Royal Purple and Nulon.. For Nulon, I use the 0w-40 found in Autobarn, not other places..

I don't like Royal Purple, car make more noise in the engine, and after driving 8000km, the noise is even more..

Nulon is all good so far, car become more quiet..

I won't buy Royal purple again

Edited by ben yip