Car Mods - What floats your boat?

Steve

For those who like to modify their car and add their own touch… what mods would you apply to your car first? Wheels, spoilers or performance mods, in which order would you modify your ride? What Top 5 Mods you would do first?

In no particular order, these are my top 5.

1. OEM+ upgrades, some higher spec, or international spec models have nice bumpers, kits, lights that work well for subtle mods

2. Handing (Suspension/Tyres/wheels) : makes the car nicer to drive, safer and look better

3. Performance: Minor upgrades to intake and exhaust, just to get a bit extra performance. A good service also helps.

4. ICE: I have only owned older cars, which have had pretty dismal stereos stock. A nice modern headunit and decent front speakers makes a good start to improving aural experience while driving

5. Security: Alarm to deter amateur theives, and dark tints to stop people looking in the car while parked, also looks good. :spiteful:

lmao at 2:17

they dont even wear masks when there painting! funniest s***!

but anyways...

If I also had to redo my mods it would be

1. Suspension

2. Brakes

3. Engine conversion

4. Exhaust

5. Wheels

lmao at 2:17

they dont even wear masks when there painting! funniest s***!

but anyways...

If I also had to redo my mods it would be

1. Suspension

2. Brakes

3. Engine conversion

4. Exhaust

5. Wheels

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can drop into an AE112

yeah man blacktop

selling my rims to look for an engine ;)

new years plan haha

blacktop isn't really worth it tbh, unless you stroke it to 1.7 or 1.8L either way too expensive, maybe a bolt on turbo would be better

Did you find it kinda slow or something in the ae111?

I've always wanted a 4age in a Corolla. I just love the motor. And dropping a BT in the ae112 would be different. I dont no that's just me haha

Did you find it kinda slow or something in the ae111?

I've always wanted a 4age in a Corolla. I just love the motor. And dropping a BT in the ae112 would be different. I dont no that's just me haha

Nah it wasn't slow in the AE111, but it's not fast either..

atm I'm driving a Honda EG VTI around daily and it pulls just slightly less than the 20VBT

It's gonna be worse in the AE112 cos it's 12xxkgs whereas AE111 is only 1050kgs, any Honda will walk past you.

Turbo'in it will probably reap more gains, 20VBT doesn't have much aftermarket support. Otherwise get an older corolla like AE82 or AE92 with a 4AGE in it already.

Justin picked one up from my mate for $500, just needed a few things to get it up and running, but good fun.

Since I'm driving a bomb that will be passed onto my brother, just gonna be doing small things to learn my way around the car before i get a Sportivo

Reprayed steelies gloss black

white LEDs for rear number plate lights

wanting to try change interior lights to white as well (instead of the original dull green)

attempt JDM tailight mod

If i already had the sportivo though, first thing i'm buying is coilovers and CAI.

CANNOT stand stock height lol. Saw a borderline-slammed silver sportivo with stock wheels etc and it still looked amazing.

So coilovers and CAI definitely

• 2 months later...

To my imported 1998 Estima TCR11W G (a factory Supercharged tarago)

1. Exhaust = flow and some sound

2. Plugs and Wires = higher temp than spec (for tropical living) Iridium Denso VK22 or NGK BKR7EIX-11P

3. Suspension, present is soft, not ideal for aussie roads. KYB NewSR Special and new springs maybe, because of where the motor is I don't think I want to lower the Van.

4. Run more earths to engine and exhaust

5. Bigger pulley for Supercharger???