who has most powerful TRD aurion

Vamanos

If you could find away to run a smaller one, sure. However the TRD pulley is that small as is, that a smaller pulley would would likely not work as the belt would not have enough surface area to grip and cause belt slip, nullifying any gains.

Haha, if I (had a money tree) to embark on such a path, I'd be trying something like 10~12psi, was only stating my curiosity that there's apparently the same charger (body only?) putting out a heck of a lot more pressure (Already knew that we've got a tiny pulley).

The silliest ideas are the ones that get trashed before even being discussed with ones peers!

Wait, so you are telling me there are worse ideas... :o

Yeah. The FMIC idea.

Never really paid much attention as to how the charger setup worked on these, also being that I only have an NA one. Im still stuck in the world of boosted Skyline motors. Completely different beast.

Never really paid much attention as to how the charger setup worked on these, also being that I only have an NA one. Im still stuck in the world of boosted Skyline motors. Completely different beast.

I see. Always helpful to throw ideas into the mix even if you don't know much about said topic.

op well you pretty much get you answer, or not.....................

Not a lot of ppl have deep enuf pockets to throw away the cash and time and to be honest the returns just arnt worth the gains.

Those that have owned TRD's and look for more power just move on thats how you get more power.

The rest are happy with what they have. And the usual few bolt ons keeps the weekend flyers happy. Then it's just braging rights for the lucky one or two that might have a slightly better traction for their quarter runs.

Not taking away from those that own TRD's i have been in them, they just arn't in the same league as the holdens or fords for power gains.. but then they don't feel as nice on the road as the Aurions imo.

Not taking away from those that own TRD's i have been in them, they just arn't in the same league as the holdens or fords for power gains.. but then they don't feel as nice on the road as the Aurions imo.

Pretty much this. Holden/HSV and Ford/FPV have so many performance mods available to them but they simply don't feel as well built as a Toyota/TRD/Lexus.

I've driven my brother's VE Senator (series 1) and I've been in a mates FG FPV F6 (321kW, 829Nm). The build quality is miles away from my mum's 08 Lexus GS460 and is a touch better than my dad's 2012 Yaris YR. Quite embarassing that they only have a slightly better build feel, than a 18k, base model Yaris.

Exactly as stated, they dont feel as nice on the roads.

Which is a shame, i would have been happy to shell out upto 40k cash when in the market, the fact that i could have what i thought was a better car for a measly 20k+ cash blew me away.

Even the old camrys like yours andrew drive ok in comparison and you can pick them up for like 4.5k now. Ford and holden lost the plot a while back,

I drove my mates maloo home the other night from the rosehill races..... for 70k worth of car i was dissapointed in every aspect of feel and build and visability........

Cept when i put my foot down :D phwaaaaaar i dont remember the trd feeling anything like that.

Even the old camrys like yours andrew drive ok in comparison and you can pick them up for like 4.5k now. Ford and holden lost the plot a while back,

I drove my mates maloo home the other night from the rosehill races..... for 70k worth of car i was dissapointed in every aspect of feel and build and visability........

Cept when i put my foot down :D phwaaaaaar i dont remember the trd feeling anything like that.

I would have compared mine to them but I have LONG forgotten what stock suspension comfort was like. :mellow:

Now that you point it out, one thing that really got on my nerves with the Senator was the MASSIVELY intrusive A pillar and ridiculously poncy sized mirrors.

Guess it's pretty straight forward really, if the Stock TRD doesn’t have the power or performance you’re looking for and if you’re not willing to adopt to how you have to drive a powerful fwd to extract the best out of it than simply the Aurion isn’t for you as there isn’t a great deal of gear out there to help make them go harder.

Thanks for everyone's input. Very informative. I now have my answer. Didn't realise this thread was gonna b such a hot topic, but helpful nonetheless.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...