World wide Toyota motor vehicle recall??

Heard it on the news yesterday but didn't get a chance to sit down and listen. Anyone knows anything? Its a safety recall, something like a million cars or some ridiculously big number.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

oh damn really

just as i was getting over my withdrawels from selling my commodore and starting to fall in love with my stivo

it might be recalled anyway

bloody hell

hope someone has some information on this

Mine is getting recalled. And i'm ****** off.

The sunroof is operational even when the keys are not in the car.

It should only work when the ignition is on, according to toyota.

Think it might be for several models or just one specific one?

I remember reading somewhere there is a recall on Prius models where the engine may stall or something.

The recall mentioned on Channel 10's news last night referred to the xGSiR's comments about the Prius.

The recall is only for the toyota "prius" hybrid car

http://finance.news.com.au/story/0,10166,1...667-462,00.html

read below - October 14, 2005

"TOYOTA Motor issued a recall today for about 160,000 Prius cars sold mainly in the United States and Japan due to a potential software glitch that may cause the hot-selling gas-electronic hybrid to stall.

A spokesman said there were no safety concerns but Toyota had decided to offer repairs free of charge.

The problem may cause the gasoline engine to stall but the electrically-powered brake and steering operation would continue to function normally, he added.

The voluntary recall follows an investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the United States into complaints about problems with the Prius stalling.

The administration said in June that it had received 33 reports of engine stalling in 2004 and 2005 model-year Prius vehicles. Over 85 percent of the incidents occurred when the car was being driven at speeds ranging from 35 to 65 miles per hour (56 to 104 kilometers per hour).

Of the affected vehicles, about 75,000 were sold in the United States, 70,000 in Japan and 15,000 elsewhere.

Advertisement:

The Prius is the best-selling hybrid vehicle in the United States. Many consumers wait six months to a year for delivery. Japan-US-auto-company-Toyota-recall AFP"

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article....&vf=2&bg=1&pp=3

Hybrid Toyotas recalled

The Sun-Herald

Monday October 17 2005

The much-hyped Toyota Prius is being called back to dealerships to repair a potentially dangerous fault.

Toyota is recalling 160,000 Prius gasoline-electric hybrid cars worldwide, including in Australia, because their engines can be stopped by an electrical problem.

The car marker yesterday said the recall covers 75,000 Prius cars in the US, 70,000 in Japan and the remainder in Australia, Europe and other markets, manufactured from August 2003 to February 2005.

No accidents or injuries have been reported linked to the problem, in which engines in some Prius cars have stalled while driving, causing the vehicles to run on just the electric motor.