Melbourne Drag Day

Who's up for the drag day?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

you guys will probably end up going to heathcote it is cheaper out there and quite nice to drive to but it is a lot further away than calder. imagine something going wrong and you need a tow from calder to city.

they have helmets available at the track get someone to enquire how many they have. bring food and water there is nothing out there but there tuck shop if they open it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well do we need to pay a deposit?

no, we dont need a deposit....

i was thinking of us meeting up somewhere, then going up...

in regards to how far away it is, ive found a little map and drawn up a possible route for up and back

(up = yellow

back = purple)

what do you's think?

Hey guys, I posted a thread on our forums and I got replies instantly!

The Mazda6 you guys saw on Sunday is interested, so is the red SP23 (Merah) and myself.

Merah wants to bring a few mates along, they have the following cars: eg6 siR, DC2R, DC5R, MR2 AW11, R32 GTs4. I hope that's ok... I'd love to see the Tegs vs Sportivo.. :D

I'm in!! Well i've been wanting to do this for a while. Heard u get more runs at Heathcote than an Calder. But what would it be like with 50+ of us??

I'm also scared im gonna b a total disgrace and shouldnt own a celi LOL

It'll b good to get some proper timeslips, or any timeslips in my case!! haha

if we need more numbers i have 2/3 close mates who'd go... and i can gather a few more if needed =)

OMG, it's like halfway to blardy sydney?!?! jk jk Will b a cool cruise tho =D

Oh, btw im from ozcelica/newcelica, 2000 celica sx, mild mods. hehe

Vyets: U dont need a licence on a drag strip ;) just gotta work out how to get there lol

Edited by -[ez]-

..... and you think Calder is too far?  Its only 30-45 min from the city.  No wonder its so cheap, it will cost us $100+ in fuel to get there and back.

Healthcote is way too far, I agree with Danz, might as well go to Sydney.

Do it on a long weekend and have a super-meet; Sydney Vs Melbourne?   Book some motels and stage it over a couple of days.  Invite one of the magazines, i.e. hot for fast fours?

I'd be up for this idea :D

and guys... we drive 1.5 to 2 hours to get to Wakefield Park for track days...

its a little further than seymour..

118kms @ 100KMS per hour.. does not equal 2 and a half hours..

would most likely take 1 hour and a half at most..

would be a good drive... and we need to go on a cruise anyway.. all meet somewhere and cruise together.. would be fantastic

cant believe people talking bout fuel costs... YOUR GOING TO A DRAG STRIP!

heathcote is pretty good, we went up there with 50+ cars.. everone ran when they wanted to, its not like u do run after run after run. your car will blow up u do like say 2 runs rest chill watch n then when u feel like it go again. n we have all day to run if ytou book it out... its a pretty good drive going up there as well, i dont think its too far. and even if it is.. its good for a cruise...

Its not that far, its closer than Lorne and we have been there a few times, takes about 1.5 hours max...i went past there a few times on the way to shepparton, and the speed limit is 110kph so you get there in no time.

you can lead the way then lucio ;)

ill be following

dont know my way there

not gonna bother to learn how to get there