gen4 2000 super/turbo charger ????

TiiCee

There was a TRD supercharger kit for the Scion TC (2az-fe) but I did a bit of reading and there were a few reports of oil leaks, not forgetting to mention the kits are not easy to find.

There are also a multitude of turbo kits for the 2az-fe but none of them will be a direct bolt on. Nothing ever is.

• Like 1

There was only 1 supercharger kit made for th 5S-FE(8 kits total produced) and they were only sold in the US. I imported 1 to Australia which was on my car for a very short time, then was sold to a Celica owner.

Your best bet if you want power is to turbo.

• Like 1

There was only 1 supercharger kit made for th 5S-FE(8 kits total produced) and they were only sold in the US. I imported 1 to Australia which was on my car for a very short time, then was sold to a Celica owner.

trent , would you know what type of turbo ?

trent , would you know what type of turbo ?
That is a very open ended question, you realise you'd be looking at about $10,000 to do so right?

BY THE WAY IS THERE LIKE A TUNE MADE FOR THIS THE 5SFE ?

No, Toyota ECUs are not like others.

The cheapest way I would think would be to swap in a 3sgte 2 litre turbo import engine. Buy a half cut so you can use the loom and computer......But even still this isnt going to be a cheap conversion....Do you really want to spend this amount of cash on a camry ?

nah your right , its not worth the headache. i just wanted to build a turbo or super l4 camry , but by far its a headache , cheapest option is like i think to just chuick that v6 engine in after suspension upgrade.

If your going to do the V6 conversion I would lean toward the Lexus version of the 1mzfe... With the vvti, Slightly more powerful and most likely better on juice

Still not a cheap upgrade and not really worth it dollar for dollar.

If your going to do the V6 conversion I would lean toward the Lexus version of the 1mzfe... With the vvti, Slightly more powerful and most likely better on juice

Still not a cheap upgrade and not really worth it dollar for dollar.

yeah , nothing is really cheap. but i guess the v6 conversion is the best way for power i guess.

edit* : unless i can get my hands on a TRD camry engine !!! that'll be worth my bucks haha. i'm dreaming.

Edited by TiiCee

umm the TRD engine made for the gen4 or i guess any camry TRD engine that can fit into the gen4 .

does OZ even deal TRD vehicles?

TRD did supercharger kits for the 1MZ, but no complete engines or cars. There was a supercharged 5th gen Camry called the TS01, but that was a concept/show model as a demonstration of Toyota Australia's intention to liven up the range prior to the introduction of TRD.

TRD have since stopped selling cars in Australia, and have returned to their original sales model of purely providing aftermarket parts.

Umm sell your i4 and buy a v6. There is no point swapping. It is cheaper, less hassle with wiring and you will need to change everything!

Umm sell your i4 and buy a v6. There is no point swapping. It is cheaper, less hassle with wiring and you will need to change everything!

cheapest option by far !

umm the TRD engine made for the gen4 or i guess any camry TRD engine that can fit into the gen4 .

does OZ even deal TRD vehicles?

TRD did supercharger kits for the 1MZ, but no complete engines or cars. There was a supercharged 5th gen Camry called the TS01, but that was a concept/show model as a demonstration of Toyota Australia's intention to liven up the range prior to the introduction of TRD.

TRD have since stopped selling cars in Australia, and have returned to their original sales model of purely providing aftermarket parts.

i didnt know they do after market only, but its so hard to find TRD made stuff in the after market. i saw a TRD AURION drive by today , so i am guessing its driver bought and put in the TRD parts himself ?