Optimax Extreme

Ok, stop talking about the CES here. we're talkin about the 100 RON here man.

start a new thread or go dig up any of those threads that evolved into CES sucks or CES rocks debates.  :angry:

And if u don't stop. I"ll have to release a Povo/Chrome Racing Exhaust and sell it for 1 percent of the price of the CES ones!

Deep breathes bro!!! :o

Where can i get this 100 oct stuff?

Its ok, CORZZA , I'm not really :angry: . Its just an in joke. (do a search on power FC) .

See, I make performance mods at work when i have time and give them away to fellow forum members to test. For those that make it into full production, they're dirt cheap anyway. Unfortunately my CES prototype (read: copy) has been so wildly successful (why just the other day I flew past a R34 and it was like he wasn't even moving :lol: ) that I fear the brissy boys with CES systems will drive down to melb. to shut my lil operation down.

Thus I have enlisted bigbum with his nunchucks to protect me in vic and runx to patrol the border of nsw and qld...

Anyway, here's a link to my latest freebie. Welcome to the forum.

P.s. 100 RON has given me 330 km on 3/4 of a tank... so far my best fuel economy eve (what can i say, my car's auto and lives on red line. it drinks!)

post-1027-1132798554_thumb.jpg

Edited by negatron

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back on topic...

I was a bit concerned about using a RON that is too high...Toyota's official response gained from a dealer as well as Customer Service.

"Where the vehicles User Guide states that the 2ZZ requires a 95RON or higher, this is the absolute lowest rating you can use. You can use as high RON as you like as long as it is commercially available"

I guess this means when AV-Gas is available on Pump at the 7-11 servo, then wooshka.... :P

yeah! i used av gas in my corsa! it made a huge diff! any worries of detonation gone!

Doesn't AVGAS contain lead???

On average, Av-Gas containa around 2grams of lead per gallon (about 4 litres)

yeah! i used av gas in my corsa! it made a huge diff! any worries of detonation gone!

Doesn't AVGAS contain lead???

On average, Av-Gas containa around 2grams of lead per gallon (about 4 litres)

and it takes only a 1/4 of that to completely F### your cataytic converter...

well i finally fuelled up Optimax Extreme this morning at Shell Fairfield (NSW). i put 56.19L in and before this last 3 tanks were Optimax at Shell Wetherill Park. it cost 13 cents more and Unleaded and just 3 cents over Optimax. well initial thought of this fuel is not too much special. hit lift a few times after more than 30min drive and doesn't feel too much different from Optimax. dont feel my money well spent on it but let see what happen during the week.

have been using ethanol blended fuel for a good 3-4 month period and will not turn back the car runs so smoothly and performance has increased torque, idelling noise (decresed) and generall smoothness of the car has worked wonders, occasionally i run a upper cylinder head cleaner which further improves flow of power...

10 our of 10 for ethanol.... - drink it up

well i finally fuelled up Optimax Extreme this morning at Shell Fairfield (NSW). i put 56.19L in and before this last 3 tanks  were Optimax at Shell Wetherill Park. it cost 13 cents more and Unleaded and just 3 cents over Optimax. well initial thought of this fuel is not too much special. hit lift a few times after more than 30min drive and doesn't feel too much different from Optimax. dont feel my money well spent on it but let see what happen during the week.

Wait until you have used the a tank or so then when the air is cool, and your sitting about 1/4 full..... mmmm... you'll feel the difference :P

have been using ethanol blended fuel for a good 3-4 month period and will not turn back the car runs so smoothly and performance has increased torque, idelling noise (decresed) and generall smoothness of the car has worked wonders, occasionally i run a upper cylinder head cleaner which further improves flow of power...

10 our of 10 for ethanol.... - drink it up

Too right Greggles... I have found that the silly ticking noise that some of hear from our idling engines has decreased also...

where do u get this mix from?

Read from the start of the thread....

can you guys buy toulene here? if you can then put half a tank 98oct BP then 1lt toulene that makes a diffrence and it wont stuff the cat! because its diluted 20:1

Hi all, I'm new here...

I've just been reading all this info on the 100RON. As of it, I haven't tried it out yet. But my question is..how did some of you guys get over 550km/tank....

And i've also been wondering..how many km will a corolla go after the fuel indicator light has gone on

Hi all, I'm new here...

I've just been reading all this info on the 100RON.  As of it, I haven't tried it out yet.  But my question is..how did some of you guys get over 550km/tank....

And i've also been wondering..how many km will a corolla go after the fuel indicator light has gone on

how many km it will go will depend on each car of course. but the fuel light will come on every car when there is approx 15L left in the tank.

Hi all, I'm new here...

I've just been reading all this info on the 100RON.  As of it, I haven't tried it out yet.  But my question is..how did some of you guys get over 550km/tank....

the record i've ever heard was 650-700 in a tank. poor sod never revved it past 3000rpm just so he could win a bet or something with the wife.

my record is 600km... driving to qld from melb...

might try the 100RON this weekend... it will be the final blast for my 1zz :(

[EDITS: should put in a tank of AV-GAS and make sure its the final BLAST for the 1zz] :lol:

Edited by corolla_2004