Where can i get these

From the Penrith Toyota website

http://www.penrithtoyota.com.au/parts/proj_corolla_news.htm

"Altezza type TAIL LAMPS !!!!!!!!

After many, many enquires we have finally been able to get a manufacturer to produce these for the current shape hatch. They should be available around May. As soon as we have pics they will be here."

No mention of price......

it looks like you will just have to wait till may and get them from penrith toyota coz i have asked almost everyone in australia and the best answer i have gotten is that they are currently in development and will be released late 2004. those dont look too bad either. have u spoken to penrith toyota yet.

I spoke to Penrith Toyota 2 days ago before I the picture was posted they did not know when the light where going to be released but they probably had no idea about the Picture of the one posted. Where did the pic come from though

I wonder. The link supplied by rjt is very old and they have no success as yet getting them.

guys, ensure the taillights are ADR approved if you are planning on putting them on your street car...

If someone runs up the back of your car and you have non-adr approved lights installed, it's an easy way for the person that hit you to get out of paying the claim.

This is an issue with all the lancer/mirage altezza lights out there now and if you read the fine print with most of the ad's they are in, you will see they are for "show use only" or similar which is the manufacturers disclaimer.

How are they going to be ADR approved if they are an after market item imported from another country if they are not readily available (sorry if this sounds Condescending but....). Who is going to get them ADR approved and pay the cost to do it. I would bet that most of these lights imported into this country are non ADR complianced anyway. It is easy to say things but all the MODS on most cars are non ADR appoved.

..Australian Design Rules....

Just pointing it out for the guys that dont know it can void their insurance policy and also so they know having non-adr approved lights on your car has the potential to cost you a LOT of money if the worst happens... ie, someone runs up the back of your rolla in their new M5 BMW/Porsche/Ferarri/other stupidly expensive car, etc etc and you have to pay out of your own pocket for the repairs to your car, their car, and whatever other expenses are incurred (think of the personal injury claim for whiplash etc etc)

Lots of people still buy the lights and use them, but they are doing so at their own risk.

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/shopping_perfor...artCategoryID=1

That's Ozeparts range of Altezza taillights, and you will notice out of the 91 different sets of lights they have listed, 6 are ADR approved, and the rest have the standard disclaimer:

FOR OFF ROAD USE

ATTENTION (DISCLAIMER)

This item is intended for OFF-ROAD or show purpose only. It is not intended to be used for regular driving conditions. User must follow the direction given or get approval from proper authority before being used on road.

Ozeparts.com.au is NOT responsible for any misuse for this product. Any use of this item other than its intended purpose voids any warranty given.

Was emailed the following infomation

shipping charges to Australia would be as followed. UPS needs 3-5

days, german post air 10-14 days, normal way I don't know but for sure

some weeks.

by german post  35 EUR

by german post air  55 EUR

by UPS    109 EUR

Best Regards

S.Lehmann

RC> Enquiry on Shipping Cost

RC> Lexus Design (Lieferbar Ende März)

RC> Corolla E12

RC> Do you deliver this to Australia if so how much would it cost to deliver

them to Melbourne Australia

So they cost

179 Euro + 55 Euro By Air

234.00 EUR Euro = 379.001 AUD Australia Dollars Delivered

Should see if the have different styles

• 2 months later...

in japan the face lift corolla has 3 different types of tail lamps. australia has type 1 the oldest style. on the weekend i am seeing my friend who has type 2. it is from tmc japan therefore first rate and not like the rubbish from taiwan. as tmca has type 1, type 2 and type 3 should be safe to use here on the street. type 2 and 3 will be unique here until tmca brings them out on mass.

trd141 a little birdy told me you got the lamps. looks like i am not seeing the lamps this weekend unless i now come and see you! take care with fitting them. probably the first in australia.