Melbourne Drag Day Photos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget the celicas!!

EZ - somewhere in the 14s?

and the stockies.. i think we did alrite considering there was no stock stivos running  :)

Vyets - 15.2

Me - 15.6

(theres only so much i could do wit an underpowered 100kw atw celica :(.. hehe even vyets pulled on me)

Ahhh well great day!!

if anyone knows any other timeslips of other cars like the mazdas and hondas etc. please post!

Oh yeah rubins, i forgot the celica times. I thikn i got the video of the celica (IIEZII) doing the sub 15 run. :D plenty of vids of the celica runs. got about 45 clips in total. but i'm capped atm so uploading will take a while. be patient! :)

was a bloody fantastic day!!!

Yeh it was great.

Who ever didnt go missed out, great fun especially wen ur up againts a 11 second supra or those 9-10 seconds muscle cars.

It was soo great getting fisted HARDCORE! lol loved it :D

Btw that pic with me running lucio, i think i hit high 20's! lol if anyone saw. First time i crunched and missed 2nd, **** myself thinking i wrecked sumthing and i just took it easy the rest of the way :( (I think i got the record of the slowest run lol)

Ahh [xscape], that was ur car parked next to mine, very nice car and good time also! wat have u done to ur car?

We gotta do this again sometime next year! Would be good to compare times with future mods, hopefully a bigger TOCA turnup too. I was also hoping more celicas came but o wells, what can u do.

Brian - Big Congrats go to yo umate with a couple of sub 15 sec runs :)

consistancy is the hardest thing to do in drag racing and it looks like your car is definatly a true sub 15 runner :)

well done to all that went out...looks like a 'FUN' day was had by all :D

damn sounds like such a great day.

im so ****** i didnt go.

woke up in the morning with the worst migraine and decided it wouldnt be good to be out driving/draging all day.

so wish i had just gone anyway.lol

i guess theres always next time.

by the sounds of it youll all be keen for another go soon enough.

wheres the vids?

Hey people. I was the guy in the red 200sx.

I would just like to say thanks for allowing me to tag along, and that it was a great day. It was my first time on a track, and well it was all very exciting and lots of fun. I was also really impressed with some of the times some of you guys pulled.

My times varied for the day, and I didn’t actually have a run that I was satisfied with. My clutch and gearbox weren’t in good shape, and it didn’t help that I had only driven my car about five times in the last 11 months. Oh wells… I should stop complaining (I did enough on the day ;))

My quickest was 14.2 @ 93mph (i think). My mods were full exhaust, pod filer and a blitz boost controller. The mph is so low because I had trouble getting into forth gear and wasn't really able to accelerate for the last sectoin of the run.

Does anybody know the times of the 180sx and the s15 and what mods they had? What about the mazda boys?

Btw that pic with me running lucio, i think i hit high 20's! lol if anyone saw. First time i crunched and missed 2nd, **** myself thinking i wrecked sumthing and i just took it easy the rest of the way  :(  (I think i got the record of the slowest run lol)

lol... I had two 22 sec runs... my clutch got to hot and wouldn't let me select any gears. Whatrs worse is one of them was my best 60 foor time.

Edited by Gerb

You Melbourne boys are lucky to have that sort of weather down there this time of year. Sunday in Brisbane was 31 degrees with about 75%humidity. <_< Hence the quickness of some of your times with 20 odd degrees and 30%humidity. After the the end of August we very rarely have temps or conditions like that during the day.

That's why up here we try to go to meets at night time as that's when it's cool enough. ;)

Hey Gerb... nice ride you got there mate. 14.2 is fantastic!

Im not sure about the S15, i only saw one of its runs against the DC5R which it had a few problems i think, ran a 16. the 180sx however ran a couple of high 14's. I'm not sure bout their mods though :(

damn sounds like such a great day.

im so ****** i didnt go.

woke up in the morning with the worst migraine and decided it wouldnt be good to be out driving/draging all day.

so wish i had just gone anyway.lol

i guess theres always next time.

by the sounds of it youll all be keen for another go soon enough.

wheres the vids?

got about 45 clips in total. but i'm capped atm so uploading will take a while. be patient!  :)

btw it doesnt come instantly when u gotta capture the video, edit them, process them, encode to divx, and then upload them. not to mention other things i gotta do too.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! blue celica (i forget your name dude, sorry)

DONT GET LOST AGAIN! that was so funny man, me and you were like... "so ahh, we gotta turn off now huh??"

what a classic

- hey negatron, hows the kangaroo blood? and the "nothing suss here" pile of equipment we had goin on?? lol

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! blue celica (i forget your name dude, sorry)

DONT GET LOST AGAIN! that was so funny man, me and you were like... "so ahh, we gotta turn off now huh??"

what a classic

- hey negatron, hows the kangaroo blood? and the "nothing suss here" pile of equipment we had goin on?? lol

hey sean, the question should be "how's the knee?" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Congratulations to all the guys that organised it, to Brian and Mikey for those great times....i guess the pipes are the bset bang for your buck :D $80 bucks priceless :) I still cant get over the way you pulled away in 3rd on me Brian, wish i had a camera to capture that <_< . Thanks to Anduin for borrowing your boot and to Peekay for scanning the slip :). And to the photographer :)

yeh great day guys thanks for the ones who actually turned up!!

Was a good day n will definately organise another one in the future... perhaps a go kart day next and then we hit the track  ;)

perhaps go karts.....if we go tracks...think il need new tyres...

PS: Special mention to Northy for bringing me back to reality, thanx mate :)

it was fun while it lasted, had the same thing with the 15.1 sec in the 1zz-fe, we got the slip and all stood around for bout 30sec wondering if it could be right lol

PS: Special mention to Northy for bringing me back to reality, thanx mate :)

it was fun while it lasted, had the same thing with the 15.1 sec in the 1zz-fe, we got the slip and all stood around for bout 30sec wondering if it could be right lol

lol, damn stoopidhead with his blingbling wheels :lol: :P