05 Sportivo Power Enhancers

44gze

After some haggling at my local Autobarn it is apparent I can get a complete Bolt on supercharger kit for the ZZE-123 Corolla Runx over the counter here.

The kit is very comprehensive and comes with absolutely everything including front mount cooler piping bracketing air filter ecu etc...

However the price is up there but we all know a complete bolt on kit that produces 0.43bar boost should be totally reliable and fit perfectly without thermal issues if released tothe mass market from a company like Blitz.

The RRP is 598 000 Yen is approx $7176.00 Australian + Shipping Costs

According to the blitz catalogue power is approximately 220ps @ the wheels with exhaust

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After some haggling at my local Autobarn it is apparent I can get a complete Bolt on supercharger kit for the ZZE-123 Corolla Runx over the counter here.

The kit is very comprehensive and comes with absolutely everything including front mount cooler piping bracketing air filter ecu etc...

However the price is up there but we all know a complete bolt on kit that produces 0.43bar boost should be totally reliable and fit perfectly without thermal issues if released tothe mass market from a company like Blitz.

The RRP is 598 000 Yen is approx $7176.00 Australian + Shipping Costs

According to the blitz catalogue power is approximately 220ps @ the wheels with exhaust

would import duty need to be taken into account on a 7K purchase on top of the $300-400 shipping?

The airfreight limit for duty-free imports is for goods valued @ $250 or less, and close to $1K for sea-freight.

HAHAHHAHAaaa keep going up!!!!!LOL :D :lol: That kit once it comes to AUs including shipping, GST, customs,exchange rates for today and for a parcel of that weight and dimensions to come on a ship you will be looking at around the $8500-$9000 it really doesnt work out for "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" does it now?????Oh yeah they wont allow a part like that to come by air frieght!!!! :lol::blink::blink::blink: This was the price on the kit for a celica but hey same motor..... :lol::lol: The joys of buying a Expensive part to begin with but then again you are buying it from a very BIG NAME company!!!!!!

I have been researching the supercharger kits available for the 1ZZ-fe for the last year and a half and i still havnt come up with a decent price that really adds up to to power gain that you will get from it!!!!Why pay nearly $8k for a S/C man i can think of better ways of spending $8k on my car but then even that would be a waste of money!!!!LOL :lol::lol:

Edited by "RuNx"

Lucky thats your opinion and you can have it. I wasnt asking for your negative feedback on my planned mods and NO the kit isnt for the celica....... It is for the corolla and yes Autobarn are getting back to me with a price landed. See the difference is, people like you wince at paying alot of money for proper modifications. When you are a mechanic and have seen the many cheaper options employed its definately worth paying for a properly engineered kit that the manufacturer has spent thousands on R & D making sure the drivability and performance of your new car isnt comprimised.

Obviously a purchase like this is a fair wack so some serious consideration is required but before I spend any money on other minor mods I am looking at this option.

Heres an example of money spent on different things

Some Common Mods Performed by owners

1. Power FC $2500

2. CES Exhaust $1150

3. TRD CAI $400

4. TRD Headers $1100

Cost $5150 Power = 130kw @ wheels (most ive seen)

Blitz Supercharger Kit (supercharger, front mount, air filter, piping, ecu)

1. Kit $9000

2. Fitting free im a mechanic

Cost $9000 Power = 160kw @ the wheels (brochure)

So thats just a little overview over what I was thinking. I know the car is new etc and modding this will void my warranty but hey I am selling my AE82 rolla as its just too old and i dont like travelling at high speed in it doesnt feel safe so i am trying to look at a well thought modification.

ps did i mention the supercharger kit has a clutch on the supercharger like the 4agze so your fuel economy doesnt take a beating to as the supercharger doesnt work at idle or light throttle.

Lucky thats your opinion and you can have it. I wasnt asking for your negative feedback on my planned mods and NO the kit isnt for the celica....... It is for the corolla and yes Autobarn are getting back to me with a price landed. See the difference is, people like you wince at paying alot of money for proper modifications. When you are a mechanic and have seen the many cheaper options employed its definately worth paying for a properly engineered kit that the manufacturer has spent thousands on R & D making sure the drivability and performance of your new car isnt comprimised.

Your comments are fair enough, (and far be it from a 1zz auto wagon owner like me to criticise :P ) but for everyone's sake you're going to have to factor in a lot more money for mods to improve handling and braking if you're going to try and extract that much power out your Rolla.

Having said that, though, one word of advice from someone who's worked in insurance and have seen a lot of sad stories, have a chat to some insurers before you do anything ... you're looking to spend somewhere up to $15g on mods, you want to be sure that you can cover it! :)

Edited by Buddha

most of the people on here see the 9K pricetag and just get weak at the knee's. When you look at the price Vs gains you are getting about the same kw Vs $AU either way you go.

...but having owned a GZE before, 44gze know's that with going the supercharging route, he will have a lot more useable power, and torque right through the range instead of just top end. Supercharged rolla's are great.

I'd definately go the charged route instead of the expensive NA route.

See the difference is, people like you wince at paying alot of money for proper modifications. When you are a mechanic and have seen the many cheaper options employed its definately worth paying for a properly engineered kit that the manufacturer has spent thousands on R & D making sure the drivability and performance of your new car isnt comprimised.

so true

most of the people on here see the 9K pricetag and just get weak at the knee's. When you look at the price Vs gains you are getting about the same kw Vs $AU either way you go.

...but having owned a GZE before, 44gze know's that with going the supercharging route, he will have a lot more useable power, and torque right through the range instead of just top end. Supercharged rolla's are great.

Have to agree with you on that one ;)

Ditto. N/A tuning is $$$ expensive for little gains and mostly always made up top. Forced induction will give broader gains particularly in the engines torque characteristics for the same money spent.

In reality, members here have only chipped away at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to engine mods on the zz series motors. No-one is yet to have done any sort of internal work.

And it's front wheel drive, and its only good for straight line with that much power and therefore is a waste. It's hard enough driving this thing around corners in lift, why would you want to turn it into a shopping trolley with massive understeer, just go shopping at a supermarket and get your kicks out of it that way :)

And it's front wheel drive, and its only good for straight line with that much power and therefore is a waste. It's hard enough driving this thing around corners in lift, why would you want to turn it into a shopping trolley with massive understeer, just go shopping at a supermarket and get your kicks out of it that way :)

The Trial tuner Celica, when it was Blitz supercharged and Trial stroked (1.998cc) and making 283hp at the wheels, laped the Tsukuba circuit in 62 seconds, thats quicker than some Ferrari's. Check out how that compares to other stock and tuner cars: http://www.tuningpt.com/store/tsukuba.htm

I think Trial runs their own supercharger setup now, and is making even more HP. Just goes to show a nicely setup FWD application with a good LSD and suspension can be very competitive.

Edited by buck naked

The Trial tuner Celica, when it was Blitz supercharged and Trial stroked (1.998cc) and making 283hp at the wheels, laped the Tsukuba circuit in 62 seconds, thats quicker than some Ferrari's. Check out how that compares to other stock and tuner cars: http://www.tuningpt.com/store/tsukuba.htm

I think Trial runs their own supercharger setup now, and is making even more HP. Just goes to show a nicely setup FWD application with a good LSD and suspension can be very competitive.

First of all u need to ask.. where are you gonna drive this car?

Personally i know id only be driving on the street .. so id go mainly handling/aesthetic mods

if ur after power id persoanlly go purist N/A route and get the 130-140kw at the wheels and beef up the handling and also ur driving skills and ud be a lot quicker than some random power car but cant handle .. u can enter an dexit corners fast and have alot more fun out of ur car.

People like the kick of the turbo .. and so do i .. but i also love the rush from high revs screaming and knowing ur power band to its best.

id also go 4-1 headers instead of 4-2-1 headers to make the most out of the top end .. i know some people are gonna criticise this as the stivo already has the hole in mid range and the 4-1 will emphasise it even more.

A handful of bolt on mods doesn't make you an NA purist. A built NA engine (you know, one with actual engine work) is going to make a supercharger kit look cheap. Basic intake and exhaust mods, along with quality suspension/drivetrain work are common fundementals in both NA and FI, which is why so many people start out with those modifications.

But thats beside the point. My point is that front wheel drive and performance don't have to be antonyms.

WTF does this have to with the corolla, youre talking about a celica and we are talking about a corolla. Although they hav the same engine, they do not share the same chassis so dont compare apples to pears mate, they are not the same.

WTF does this have to with the corolla, youre talking about a celica and we are talking about a corolla. Although they hav the same engine, they do not share the same chassis so dont compare apples to pears mate, they are not the same.

yeah we were talking about corollas and shopping trolleys lol ;)

Buck Naked point can still be valid for Corolla. Obviously the double wishbone found on celica and superb chassis dynamics is not there with our Corolla. However, I'd say you can improve the Corolla's chassis dynamics and suspensions with many of the available suspension upgrades parts from the fame tuner such as TOM"S and TRD. Once the chassis dynamics and suspension is there, you already created a good base for more power, along come drivetrain upgrades such as LSD, ratios, final drive, clutch and flywheel and many other things you desire to upgrades.

Have a look of what TRD, TOM's and C-One has to offer for Corolla, it'll turn the corolla to something quite hardcore I must say. THey have hardcore suspension and chassis upgrade, and there are other tuners that also supply a further enhancement for the corolla.

Hass in the US have got 327hp at the wheels from the 2zz with a turbo + TRD internals + water injection...

http://www.hassturbo.com/images/2z-327hp-dyno.jpg

Plus, the Exige has a limited edition supercharged edition, that we've talked about in the forums before...

Edited by oz_viking

Cant wait to see a Sportivo here in AUS supercharged, unique as.

A Sportivo with decent suspension setup should work well with the supercharger. Though getting so much power at the front wheel, going to need wide tyres on 17s or 18s. So important to plant the power on the road instead of chirping like crazy.

Just like my friend's DC5R, has 140kw at the wheels, but has such a hard time planting the power on the road, chirping crazy and i know once it is able to put full power on the road, its a bloody bloody fast car.

i know im only new here and come from a honda background (dont shoot me lol). But wouldnt be easier just to source the actual supercharger here? (even second hand) that has the same specs say a jacksons supercharger? Which are cheaper than blitz (from what i have been quoted) then just get the exuast work done by a performance workshop. My mate has a turbo micra (dont ask) and the thing pulls 140kw at the wheels!! it only weighs in at 1100kg so you do the math on power to weight. But anyway the point is he had the chance to get a blitz turbo kit for it but decided just to buy his turbo, ecu, intercooler second hand and then just paid an exuast shop to do the rest. For how much power he has its still corners extremly well and he only has minimal upgrades on the brakes and it still take your tonsils out. All up he spent 5k on that job whereas to go just the blitz were talking 9k before install.

After that whole spiel all im saying is shop around before your credit card starts stressing.

• 2 weeks later...

I beg to differ with FWD being slow around bends. FWD is much faster through bends than RWD, reason because you can just nail it and it will grip instead of having to oversteer.

I've owned all three, and AWD for sure :D RWD is fun when you break traction but it's not that great when it comes to twisties.

For induction - does downtime of the car matter? BEcause for $9K, you could get a custom turbo kit made up from a respectable performance workshop, and probably still have change. Remember that when you're buying a branded kit, something like 40% (or more) goes to the brand name, more than the parts. Sure, they've been 'tested' and 'engineered', but seriously... for four thousand-odd dollars, I'm sure you could live with 10% less performance but still have some money in your pocket for later mods...

$2500 seems a tad high for a PowerFC + tune. You'd realistically be looking closer to the $2000-2200 mark.

IMHO - turbo is easier to work with than supercharged. Sure, you get more lowend power, but it's a helluva lot harder to increase power output than with a turbo.