Rear Sway Bar

rox45s

*** damn it zav and i were thinking of buying the whiteline sway bar and most of you guys say its crap so i there anything equivalent to the "almighty trd"?

I think the creaks and groans are from nuts that wernt tightened correctly (possibly under or overtorqued), but i think that can happen with any sway bar.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all that's said, there's quite a number of members using the Whiteline bar with no problems at all, only there have been some instances of them snapping. So for $120 it's still not such a bad thing. Just be wary and ensure you are given a warranty on that part

*** damn it zav and i were thinking of buying the whiteline sway bar and most of you guys say its crap so i there anything equivalent to the "almighty trd"?

I think the creaks and groans are from nuts that wernt tightened correctly (possibly under or overtorqued), but i think that can happen with any sway bar.

The nuts have to be done up very tight! (About 195nm is the torque setting for them) I got fed up with mine, so I brought it in to toyota and had them undo them and then do it up with the rattle gun, No more squeeks ;)

It's great when you get a good service manager.

My bad ...I just quoted an average of $195!! for the rear SWAY BAR so im wrong in getting the thing for $120 so i might just go TRD.... so do we want to get a source and start a group buy? ZAV is in already any other takers? If not just tell us where to get a good price on either product (zav and i are both from vic)

Cheers

Edited by specialized32

Danz, that was from Typhoon who imported it from Japan when they running, so I really couldn't tell you where you'd now be able to pick it up from at that price.

Perhaps direct from TRD Japan and have it shipped rather than airfreight to keep the cost down?

Shao where did you get yours?

trd hong kong is the largest distributor so they should have better prices than other distributors in the world. they win trds highest sales year after year.

that's coz they don't just distribute in HK. the dude has like the rights to almost all of asia outside japan or something. and we all know wat asia is like when it comes to modding cars.

Progress Technology rear Bar is $80-USD, nice deal I scored for 9thgen those interested should send an e-mail to John Linen at Progress (e-mail available from their site) just say that your an NGC (Next-Gen-Corolla) member, they can ship directly to you

all right thats one more for a group buy im trying to start one for the TRD rear sway bar so any more takers? Im alreday phoning around to find the best price so il say my cut off date will be in the new year but if more want in i can wait to you guys get the $$$$. So just pm me or right in this forum subject

Cheers

I wouldnt waste $220 just because its TRD, the whiteline one for $120 is probably just as good.

Whiteline for $120????? :blink::blink: Another Melbourne porky perhaps??? I have an account with a wholesaler for whiteline and I can't get them for that?? :huh::huh:

I can supply whiteline rear sway bars for $190 each. But if you want to organise a group buy then I can prolly swing a deal with the wholesaler to order 10 at once to get a real good price possibly around the $150 mark.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do. :D

I wouldnt waste $220 just because its TRD, the whiteline one for $120 is probably just as good.

Whiteline for $120????? :blink::blink: Another Melbourne porky perhaps??? I have an account with a wholesaler for whiteline and I can't get them for that?? :huh::huh:

I can supply whiteline rear sway bars for $190 each. But if you want to organise a group buy then I can prolly swing a deal with the wholesaler to order 10 at once to get a real good price possibly around the $150 mark.

Let me know and I'll see what I can do. :D

I'll be in for that. Either the TRD or Whiteline is all good with me.

its up to my group buyers if they want to go whiteline or trd i dont care either way so everybody in on the group buy let me know which one you want whiteline obviously being the chaeper one by about $70

TRD thanks... for $220... if not I'll settle for the Whiteline for the $150 the Bren said

Those interested in a group buy then put your name below so i can get an idea of how many and get an exact price from the wholesaler. The more we get the cheaper it'll be ;) Prolly won't be till after new year as they'll be closed for the break. :D

Those interested in a group buy then put your name below so i can get an idea of how many and get an exact price from the wholesaler. The more we get the cheaper it'll be ;) Prolly won't be till after new year as they'll be closed for the break. :D

1 - iNdCeNt - :D

SILVABULLIT, would you be able to get a front strut as well into this group buy?

Edited by iNdCeNt