05 Corolla Sportivo Stock

Since the Corolla Sportivo ceased production back in October last year, how long do you guys think stock will last for until like april/may?

I just want a white one, im just waiting until my house renovation is finished, then my parents could they get me a Sportivo.

Should there be a good chance i could haggle cheaper since i think Toyota would want to clear the 2005 stock. Maybe like $26,000 drive away?

Unless there is a new 2006 Corolla Sportivo down the track i should be waiting for??

dealers wont be selling them cheap, they will want more as you cant get them anymore, i would be surprised if there is many left now let alone in a few months time...

u'd be suprised corey im seeing dealers practically give them away ...... there is a white one from memory at the chatswood toyota dealership ;) ;) ;)

probably the t-sport compressor as the new sportivo :lol:

that will really **** some ppl off :lol::lol:

unlikely it will happen tho :P

i think it was on carpoint where there was an article which said aus will not be seeing the t-sport compressor :( :( :( :( ..... but then again never believe everything u read ;) ;) ;)

probably the t-sport compressor as the new sportivo :lol:

that will really **** some ppl off :lol::lol:

unlikely it will happen tho :P

If it does come, i reckon it would retail for about $40k. In which i rather get a VW Golf GTi MKV.

Corolla Super Runx, those specs sound very nice, 270 hp is about 207kw which makes sense because the Japanese Gentlemans agreement on output is 205kw or 267hp.

I think this will finally be a true GT4 WRC replacement, and I wouldn't be surprised if this Corolla is labelled as the Corolla GT4 for its Australian release... if it does get released... please please please Mr Toyota.

It would be a niche car, cop lots of bagging in australia because it doesent have a ford or holden/daewoo badge and would ultimately fail in this media driven and influenced society. I can't see it making its way down here with our small population and small sports car market segment. Too much cost for Toyota and probably not worth the trouble as previous models of Supra and Mr2 have shown to be nothing but a waste of time here. But we can only hope.

I think it would sell, it's a growing segment and I think the 40K price tag would be acceptable given the performance potential.

People said the same things of the WRX when it was first sold in Australia and Mitsubishi made the mistake of not selling any more Turbo Lancers after the evo1 gsr, thinking it wouldn't sell in the Australian market, Subaru stayed in the market laughing all the way to the bank.

I posted a link to sketches of the sedan a while ago,

http://9thgencorolla.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7431

But apparently after seeing the new Euro Civic hatch, Toyota has had a rethink on the styling.

I think to get an idea of what it will look like, you need to look at the new Camry and Yaris as it should carry the same sort of styling theme, solid, chunky with slightly flared wheel arches. I think it should be good.

Here's some more pics from the article above, very nice!

afront.jpg

aback.jpg

Edited by IZZ-FE

280bhp = 206kw so 270bhp should be right on 200kw at the fly. Although it is still a Corolla but i believe its worth every penny this "Super RUNX" if it comes with the specs they say they would. "Corolla" is just a badge but if it can outrun a Ferrari i want one :P I think they are trying to make it a contender for the Impreza WRX.

Anyone knows when Mazda will be releasing the Mazda3 MPS or is it just a rumour?