Sportivo no more ...

Romp

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problems with Hybrids is you get better mileage from a turbo diesel... I much better buy in my opinion is a golf of polo turbo diesel which will go passed an empty Prius or Civic with 100km left to go... with a squirt of performance there too ;)

I think there is other things on this planet that contribute to Greenhouse gasses more than some 1.8L Sportivos.....

How many V8s are being produced??

What about the morons with blow off valves that release into the atmosphere....

What about the americans who insist on driving huge Chevorlets?????

u get my point..........i hope...

How exactly does an externally venting BOV on a MAP sensored car effect emissions?

I think there is other things on this planet that contribute to Greenhouse gasses more than some 1.8L Sportivos.....

Edited by rollamods

Zee's got a point.

The car industry is starting (just) to come around with Hybrid, Hydrogen tech as well as the new generation of efficient common rail High Pressure direct injection turbo diesels.

But it will be a slow and painful process of changing the vehicles the worlds population likes to drive, look at the stars of the Detroit show...

-Gen IV Chevrolet Camaro

-Hemi Dodge Challenger

-6.0 V12 Lamborghini Muira concept

The only way things will really change in terms of cars we drive is if Fuel prices increase dramatically higher than what they are.

Now turn those lights off you're not using in the home or office, turn off your pc/tv when not using it, and open a few windows instead of the aircon. :D

Thats right......and Hybrid r not gay.......look at this article below...Hybrid powered super car.....take a look at where technology is going.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=87200

Lithium-powered super car's April launch

Thursday Feb 16 13:23 AEDT

Hybrid Technologies will start taking orders for its lithium-powered super car with a maximum speed of about 290kph - nearly the same level as that of Japanese bullet trains - in April in the United States.

The electric vehicle, Lithium Carbon Fiber Super Car, is expected to retail at $US124,900 ($A169,000), the company said in a statement.

With a single six-hour charge, the emission-free two-seater is capable of running 160km with a top speed of around 290kph, it said, adding the vehicle can also attain a speed of 97kph in just over three seconds.

The vehicle will be unveiled to the public at the New York International Auto Show in April.

Hybrid Technologies is considering selling the vehicle in Japan as well in view of the strong popularity of hybrid vehicles there, it said.

Major Japanese automakers, including Nissan Motor Co, are showing interest in the lithium-powered super car, the company added.

©AAP 2006

How exactly does an externally venting BOV on a MAP sensored car effect emissions?

Not all blow off valves......there are acceptable ones..

I think the Hydrogen Powered cars are the real future of motoring, compared to electric cars which relay on powerstation generated emmission rich power.

They laso have similar (if not better) power results.

Hydrogen powered cars are already basically ready for production; BMW, Toyota/Lexus, Merc, Ford have working cars and designs. But the infastructure of Hydrogen fuel stations is not there. I think in Germany they have a couple of stations with Hydogen already.

But what do you think of the emmissions being water vapour? sounds really good....but could that end out being endless rain in parts of the world??? ;)

But what do you think of the emmissions being water vapour? sounds really good....but could that end out being endless rain in parts of the world??? ;)

what ?>????????

how is that possible...

water = H2O

Hydrogen powered cars does produce water vaper ... because it joins with oxygen molucules at the end of the process ...

but how do they create hydrogen fuel ...

from breaking down water molucules ... its a circle ... Circle of life almost .... ( hence water turn in to Hydrogen fuel... and pure oxygen ) obviously not as simple as that .. im sure its more techinal than that .. but thats the basics ...

there will never be endless rain !!! ...

Its not rocket science ... Just normal science .. :)

I think the Hydrogen Powered cars are the real future of motoring, compared to electric cars which relay on powerstation generated emmission rich power.

Hydrogen powered cars are already basically ready for production; BMW, Toyota/Lexus, Merc, Ford have working cars and designs. But the infastructure of Hydrogen fuel stations is not there. I think in Germany they have a couple of stations with Hydogen already.

And where do you suppose the Hydrogen will come from when the Oil runs out, with current hydrogen production coming as a waste product in oil refining? Cracking water I here you ask? Where are you going to get the energy for the electro-chemical cells to do that on a mass scale?

Sure the zero emissions are great, but the real goal is high storage batteries with higher output at a lower mass then is currently available... how this will happen I don't know... but it's the only real 'clean' direction without resorting to backward technology like solar and wind.

And where do you suppose the Hydrogen will come from when the Oil runs out, with current hydrogen production coming as a waste product in oil refining? Cracking water I here you ask? Where are you going to get the energy for the electro-chemical cells to do that on a mass scale?

Sure the zero emissions are great, but the real goal is high storage batteries with higher output at a lower mass then is currently available... how this will happen I don't know... but it's the only real 'clean' direction without resorting to backward technology like solar and wind.

So then are Hybrid Electric Hydrogen fuel cell cars the future ?

Everyone has a valid point and i hate to the be the cynic but i seriously doubt that the suits at Toyota, Honda, Nissan, GM...etc are whole heartedly worried about green house emissions from their cars. the fact of the matter is that if car companies didn't see any money either now or in the future for low/zero emissions technology they would simply not be interested.

just remember that there is no such thing as free energy, it just gets converted from one form to another. Even our sun will eventually run out of fuel cause all that heat, radiation energy must come from somewhere.

hydrogen fuel cells and hybrid engines aren't exactly a new thing, they've been around since the 70's it's only now that economics and market environment has allowed them to be mass produced and sold.

if it wasn't for economics, we would all be driving around in supercars that would be faster, safer, more reliable and more evironmentally friendly than cars currently on the market. but of course in the real world, this is the case so what I'm saying really has no bearing. I just wanted to vent. :P geez i'm such a forum wh*re :D

So then are Hybrid Electric Hydrogen fuel cell cars the future ?

according to folks in the 90's aren't we suppose to be darting around in flying cars by now? :lol::lol:

Edited by qkslvr

I have read about a French develpment hydrogen powered car that will be available from next year at around 15 000 Euro. It has a range of 400km and it produces its own hydrogen using electricity from a 240v socket, not sure how but apparently it works. It also has a top speed of 110km/h. These figures aren't impresive until you take in the fact that the car is almost free to drive & I'm sure within a short period of time with further development things will improve.

One other thing, it was pretty damn ugly.