LED headlights

krigeroz

Today received LED lights and installed them this evening, to me it has perfect light beam just like the original and it should not blind other drivers. I believe it is made at the same factory as famous LED lights in America Xenondepot, but at half price. For parking lights  I got these bulbs and for fog lights I got this. The high beam, I have not changed yet as I am not using it as often, probably get another set DMEX D5X as it is going to be on sale in a few days. I think the DMEX led lights very good and easily could be installed in the fog and highbeam. At the moment I'can't guarantee their longevity, time will tell how long they'll last.

20171109_225446_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_225421_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_224622_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_223112_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_111914_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_111906_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_111859_HDR_resize.jpg

20171109_111844_HDR_resize.jpg

20171025_220638_HDR_resize.jpg

20171025_220114_HDR_resize.jpg

20171024_185938_HDR_resize.jpg

20171024_185831_HDR_resize.jpg

20171028_234612_HDR_resize.jpg

20171028_234442_HDR_resize.jpg

Edited by krigeroz

5 hours ago, PengNZ said:

Very nice headlights! I too wanted to replace my halogen ones with hid ones or led ones but found no fog lights on my atx model. 

Those DMEX D5X are very good choice. They give around two times more light output compare to the stock halogen lights. The led fog lights will fit in your ATX with no problem. Just don't expect too much light from them, the amount of light is about the same as stock oem lights but instead of yellow you get white beam. It will not light up the road on its own at night. I think the fog lights are more for decorative purpose than practical. :cool: If you get DMEX D5X for $43 USD, when it will be on sale, you will be quite surprised and have a big smile on your face:smile:.  

The fog lights I got on special, the eBay gave me a $20 promotional voucher, so I thought why not. If you decide to buy just wait a bit for Ebay promotion/discounts, like 10%-15% off Ebay store wide. Keep your eyes open on Oz-bargain website for updates. 

Edited by krigeroz

5 hours ago, krigeroz said:

Those DMEX D5X are very good choice. They give around two times more light output compare to the stock halogen lights. The led fog lights will fit in your ATX with no problem. Just don't expect too much light from them, the amount of light is about the same as stock oem lights but instead of yellow you get white beam. It will not light up the road on its own at night. I think the fog lights are more for decorative purpose than practical. :cool: If you get DMEX D5X for $43 USD, when it will be on sale, you will be quite surprised and have a big smile on your face:smile:.  

The fog lights I got on special, the eBay gave me a $20 promotional voucher, so I thought why not. If you decide to buy just wait a bit for Ebay promotion/discounts, like 10%-15% off Ebay store wide. Keep your eyes open on Oz-bargain website for updates. 

Thanks for your advice Krigeroz. For me the thing is I’m in NZ and you know the weather here is pretty unpredictable. Many many rainy days and foggy days each year so the fog lights are important for me. The only advantage the halogen bulbs has is just the ‘not too bad’ performance in rainy days or foggy days. They can still make you see the roads and make others to see you. They are actually partly functioned as fog lights. Hid and led bulbs in rainy days don’t really help much actually cuz their white colour. So if I upgrade my headlights to hid ones or led ones, I will have to install the fog lights. My atx model doesn’t factorily equipped with the fog lights so I will do more than buy bulbs in order to install the fog lights. I will have to buy a socket panel for the fog lights, do very complex hardwirings and probably dig a big hole on my bumper. 

Whoops, the output for me (happiness brought by the improvements) is way less than the input (those things I have to do). 😂😂 So I’m gonna just leave mine as is. Plus I also purchased a Toyota used vehicle warranty for this car so my current ones will be under a warranty for three years. I’m gonna just buy various meguinars products to detail my car no big changes😂😂 thank you so much for your advice though 🧐

11 hours ago, PengNZ said:

the output for me (happiness brought by the improvements) is way less than the input (those things I have to do). 😂😂 So I’m gonna just leave mine as is.

Essentially a cost benefits analysis. Major reason why I have not yet upgraded my halogen headlight bulbs to higher performance ones. 

I don't see anything wrong with my stock headlights to warrant fancifying them to be totally honest.

Driving at night has become annoying to me because of those high power bulbs on many cars these days.

Don't kid yourself, they are blinding and should be banned.

I find the headlights on mine to be very narrow which has become increasingly noticable since i fitted 18% tint. Pulling into my driveway at night is a guessing game until the car straightens up

Also while im here, i want to upgrade the miserable reverse lights with cree led's. They will be 16w, do i need error free versions?

Edited by Metal_Head

17 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Driving at night has become annoying to me because of those high power bulbs on many cars these days.

Look you are right and I'm with you on this 100%. The same problem goes for cyclists, now everyone got those super bright LED lights on their bicycles. And instead of pointing them downward, they put the light beam straight ahead as result blinding everyone in front. It happens to me all the time, when I go for a run in the evening, along the Yarra RIver, here in Melbourne. 

Edited by krigeroz

1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

Also while im here, i want to upgrade the miserable reverse lights with cree led's. They will be 16w, do i need error free versions?

Which ones you are looking at?

9 hours ago, Metal_Head said:

I find the headlights on mine to be very narrow which has become increasingly noticable since i fitted 18% tint. Pulling into my driveway at night is a guessing game until the car straightens up

The reason your headlights are narrow and the reverse lights are miserable, is because you have illegal tint fitted. Of course you won't be able to see anything!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

The reason you lights are narrow and the reverse lights are miserable, is because you have illegal tint fitted. Of course you won't be able to see anything!

Its 18-20% tint....... not limo, had it on every car ive owned and never had this problem. Can you recommend any brighter lights for the rear that will work?

46 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

Its 18-20% tint....... not limo, had it on every car ive owned and never had this problem. Can you recommend any brighter lights for the rear that will work?

18-20% is illegal, 35% is the darkest legal tint(this percentage includes any factory tinting).

With regards to the other lights, create another thread for those questions. Keep this one on the topic of headlights.

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 5:50 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Exactly why I have available night vision glasses to cut down the glare from these ultra white light headlights.

There are high performance halogen light bulbs which are not road legal in the EU but are legal in Australia or are intended for off road/rallying use.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h11/bulb-type/styling

The police don’t bother pulling people over with illegal bulbs. What’s scarier is those who buy cheap ultra florescent looking LEDs that are blinding to look at but have hardly any road output. Doubly dangerous.

I’m using Philips WhiteVision and Osram Cool Blue for exterior lights which are road legal. Still yellowish but a good compromise between white clarity and light output.

Truthfully most people will benefit from a headlight reliagnment more than a stock bulb change.

• 10 months later...

Hope someone can help with my LED low beam question....so i bought this H11 pair off ebay {https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163214857447} and it seems like the pink base is too big to fit into the bulb socket because the chasis gets in the way right next to the bulb socket/hole.....is anyone else having this difficulty too?? Hope someone can shed some light and help a brother out. Cheers  :-)

I live in a country area - central nsw and more light is pretty important at night, not just longer distance but wider too. I have almost hit lots of critters, daughter almost hit a black puppy out of town... but with the led bar I now have, we see many more animals on the roadside and can slow down, move over... I also got the brightest halogen low beams to help with the same issue. 

I think that the problem of blinding other drivers is more about aim than light output - although I suppose really crap lights wont blind anyone no matter how badly they are set up.

Check your owner;s manual and I suspect that you will find that your ZR6 is fitted with HID Xenon Headlights.

LED bulbs should only be fitted to LED Headlights.

Quite possibly, you should have considered buying the following or similar

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4300K-Heavy-Duty-D4S-D4R-OEM-HID-Xenon-Bulb-Lexus-Honda-Mazda-Subaru-Toyota/151683975943?hash=item235111cb07%3Ag%3AHQAAAOSw5tNcL3Y7&fits=Year%3A2008|Model%3AAurion|Make%3AToyota