Zr6 trd aurion DYNO

On 2/26/2019 at 3:58 PM, terryo said:

for what its worth, the "stock" TRD engine in my Lotus race car makes 350HP at wheels. There are zero internal engine mods, stock TRD/harrop blower. I run it on E85 with matching injectors, we made headers & wired/tuned MOTEC M800. 

How do you think the motec works compared to the xede ?

not a sensible question really. i have never attempted any comparisons and have no idea why anyone would bother. Once you find a ECU that will do everything, and you have a tuner that "likes" that brand/model, just stick with it. Modern engines like the 2GR require a massive amount of ECU computing power, inputs and outputs. I still have all the features like cam control, fly-by-wire throttle, launch control etc etc. Very few non-current ECU's can do this .I also have a matching Motec C125 dash to display data, warnings, etc. When i fitted the engine i had my own dyno, so that helped

• 7 months later...

It is fun and expensive. 

I just got it dyno tuned today and it ran 275kw at the wheels on E70 and 263kw at the wheels on 98.

We couldn't go any further on E70 as our turbo was at its limit, so no gains on increasing boost or advancing timing. 

I would like to see more video footage of your car if possible. 

From my understanding it should be the fastest or most powerful supercharged TRD Aurion out there.

• 3 months later...

Hey long time no speak, hows your beast going Adam, any new stuff, I’m just about to get some transmission work done, improved shifting, lsd and a few other bits, gonna get the same tvs1900 that you fitted, any feedback after having it fitted for a while now. On another note, terryo is your lotus manual or ips auto, just curious as I’m not sure how a stand-alone ecu will integrate with the auto, would prefer standalone ecu so the stock ecu doesn’t try to correct itself from a piggyback setup, this is we’re Adam can help with his experience with the piggyback setup, 

Edited by Trd aurion #617

• 1 year later...

Was it difficult to get the modifications approved at inspection to conform with modification regulations for insurance. I thought I read somewhere the mods can't increase the original engine output by more than 25%.

But that could of been classified as "simple modification" which doesn't need a engineers certificate.