my 2zz in the making.RIP

ralyrt

since this part is boring, thats y everyone goes to the corolla section i thought ill spice things up

well its been 1.5 yrs since my bro got his spyder its been off road for that long due to funds but now its almost finished ,

well the started out as are stock red spyder,

not u see its fully transformed well keep use updated

1. getting ready to go in the booth

cargetnrede5wl.jpg

the final finish

finalpaint9oo.jpg

carinfinalpaint0if.jpg

the engine bay

enginebay5jq.jpg

under the car

undercar3lj.jpg

the 2zz

[i

image0083fn.jpg

2zz9ee.jpg[/url

the 2zz head cover painted

rockcover8sf.jpg

more pics at

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30617

will update this week hoping to have it on the road next week, if he can sort out y it wont start anymore

cheers enjoy

Edited by ralyrt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering, woouldn't a 3SGE engine be better in a MR platform like an MRS since its 2000cc with slightly more torque and power. Is it the cost factor or is the 3SGE unsuitable? Love the 2zzge though, the 3SGE doesn't seem to rev as hard :P

I saw 3S-GTE in MR-S, car is in Indonesia. Now that's crazy.

3S-GE BEAMS Twin VVT-i from Toyota RS200 is one revving machine tho, esp when you wind it up to 9000rpm with TRD parts (You seen that on BMI? DAMN ITS HOT!).

But, probably it would ruined the finese balance of MR-S due to heavier engine? 2ZZ-GE is chosen since its easier fitment too I guess, and lightweight in weight for MR-S making it suitable.

Edited by Danz

I saw 3S-GTE in MR-S, car is in Indonesia. Now that's crazy.

3S-GE BEAMS Twin VVT-i from Toyota RS200 is one revving machine tho, esp when you wind it up to 9000rpm with TRD parts (You seen that on BMI? DAMN ITS HOT!).

But, probably it would ruined the finese balance of MR-S due to heavier engine? 2ZZ-GE is chosen since its easier fitment too I guess, and lightweight in weight for MR-S making it suitable.

I have that BMI vid :D its awesome that 3SGE, 250bhp, but anything TRD costs a bomb! Anyway i guess the 3SGE hasn't got much more torque on the 2ZZGE anyway, and it incorporates LIFT which the 3SGE hasn't got. Toyota should have developed the MR-S using either of these engines man.. but i guess the 1zz is a BEAMS engine too, all comes down to cost.

I seriously don't know what different BEAMS provide to the engine. My friend brought home Corolla brochure from Japan, and I saw 1NZ-FE, 1ZZ-FE and 2ZZ-GE all have BEAMS - what really is BEAMS?

I guess if MR-S uses 2zz-ge out of showroom, Celica loses its status. The trade off advantage in MR-S is the MR layout and lightweight convertible, but using less powered engine.

I seriously don't know what different BEAMS provide to the engine. My friend brought home Corolla brochure from Japan, and I saw 1NZ-FE, 1ZZ-FE and 2ZZ-GE all have BEAMS - what really is BEAMS?

I guess if MR-S uses 2zz-ge out of showroom, Celica loses its status. The trade off advantage in MR-S is the MR layout and lightweight convertible, but using less powered engine.

i think someone explained what BEAMS stands for before, its something like "Best Engineering ...." don't know the rest :P nothing really, just seems to be a division that developed these engines.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

i think someone explained what BEAMS stands for before, its something like "Best Engineering ...." don't know the rest :P nothing really, just seems to be a division that developed these engines.

Straight from Toyota Japan's website

BEAMS : Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System (the same aerodynamic volume displacement class worldwide top-level engine which assures the harmony with the society)

• 1 month later...

fwoar omg i want a mrs with 2zz thats my dream congrats man thats friggin awsome

get some sussy right away!

in bmi the 2zz mrs beat a 300kw s15 in the touge its daym quick! nearly beat it on the circut too they are fast. thats the only thing the mrs was missing.. LIFT! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I vote to keep the space savers all round when its complete :)

But seriously looks sweet hey. When it does come to rims I reckon doing a larger one on rear and tuck it. Perhaps 18s on front and 20s on back would look crazy!

• 10 months later...

the original spyder was already fun to drive...

i had a spyder beforehand... loved it...

but it was a 5 speed semi auto...

man!! VVTL-i~ LIFT ~! YO>>> the power of 6,000rpm in the spyder would be awesome...

super charge it after...:D and line it up with a lotus....