CES CAI

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have a meet with the sydney and canberra guys. You can chedkc out Xoom and blue_stivos CES systems. Is there any drag stips in goulborn? lol

Would be good to test it legally yes lmao. I shall check on this. I forgot that you're a Sydney boy Bill! Give us a chance to look at the PFC as well.

ill just make a quick post, can anyone find me anyone who has pursched stuff from CES for there corolla that has not been happy with the product/gains........to me that speaks volumes, ill also add that the QLD guys are not the only ones running the CES gear....

i think its also sad that this is the response that a company gets that has developed stuff specifically for our cars its not giving other companies much of an incentive to make things for your cars if this is the kind of treatment they can expect to receive...

ill just make a quick post, can anyone find me anyone who has pursched stuff from CES for there corolla that has not been happy with the product/gains........to me that speaks volumes, ill also add that the QLD guys are not the only ones running the CES gear....

i think its also sad that this is the response that a company gets that has developed stuff specifically for our cars its not giving other companies much of an incentive to make things for your cars if this is the kind of treatment they can expect to receive...

That will be interesting. I have to say that's straight to the point and may help dissolve any coflict perhaps and make things a bit clearer. Good idea.

Edited by oO_CorollaSportivo03_Oo

Im glad to see some people in the forums are justified in the manner in which they speak....

ROLLAMODS - I agree with your statements about the dyno improvement with ECU info etc.. All I was stating is the gains my car recieved and the real world benifits I gained on my car. Same dyno true perhaps temperature and other factors were different but hey we can expect to see these variables in the real world. Ill gladly offer my vehicle for you to test as long as Im present dont want u holding it flat too long lol.

It seems as if there are alot of people in here who seem to be siding for or against a particular company, where I am trying to remain neutral, some would say thats a bit hard when I have purchased and fitted the products to my car.

But alas thats where the neutral factor comes in.

1. TRD parts are hard to obtain as no one stocks them and there is a wait of upto several weeks & its ugly red colour

2. I considered fabricating my own intake pipe Im an old exhaust fitter myself, but the mount for the intake sensor is a tricky ***** to make work.

3. If I cant do the job, I always like to support a local business then buy from an overseas company.

If in my area there were other places to take my car to get this mod done I would have gone to check them out. There are people on here accusing me for one as being promoting this particular companies product. IS it a little difficult for their small brains to comprehend I have done my homework before laying my hard earned pennies out.

From what I can gather there are u guys out there who are major skeptics out there that whoever the company is u will bag their product because u are worried that the stuff u bought might not be as good as it. Alot of the people bought these products due to the fact they are available when required no delays and if a problem occurs we can go back to the local shop to discuss and repair.

Now I know alot of you only know internet purchasing cause its cheap but take it from me somethings are worth the extra expense.

You will notice the name of the company is not displayed that is because Im not trying to promote their product only educate the silly boys on here that the forums is to discuss the personal mods and achievements our own cars have made.

I ask you If I got a $3000 exhaust from Hi Tech mufflers (example) you guys would bag it too it is your own decision to choose who and where u modify your vehicle but PLEASE dont bag people for letting others know where they got their mods done.

Brendan bagged my old BPM exhaust when the CES exhaust was released and much bagging was taking place ;) but lets not go down that path... It will come down to so and so copied our copyrighted design etc etc and then brand X is a copy of brand Y etc etc :P

I've got a sportivo for the dyno test, I'm not testing a stock airbox because I can't be bothered fitting it and the resonator in the guard. The test is being done when I return from Sydney later next month. So far have three "home brand" designs, AEM, TRD, CES V2 with the 2.75" MAF section, Injen and Simota lined up

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/pro...px?Prod=RE-0930 is what Northy said works best on the CES.

My test will be the most controlled test so far that I'm aware of. Same Dyno, same car, same fuel, same engine temp, same filter, same strap tension, ecu reset before each run, same tyre pressure, same gear, in shootout mode, etc etc.

It will put an end to the claims etc about X v's Y in a pure pipe comparison.

Edited by rollamods

main reason that i asked to use the larger filter (the one that was supplied with my CES CAI) is that the CES intake is 3" and the filter is also 3" im just thinking that having a smaller filter would hinder the top end performance of the CES CAI, this is where it picks up over the TRD CAI, this is the only reason that i asked if i could supply the 3" K&N filter for all the tests.

http://www.tprmag.com/

Just to give you guys a taste of intake battles - have a look on that website, it did extensive mods comparisons inc dyno in dyno dynamics mode - kick a55 website.

We are looking for something similar if not same testing by jason as in that website.

WOOHOO!

great website Dan...

here's a good article to use as a guide...

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/1/1_intakes.shtml

will we have someone do the analysis and write up for out little test.

Finally a real answer

INJEN versus AEM

There are probably few rivalries as heated as the one we discovered between Injen and AEM. Both companies were the first to call regarding the results. Both had a keen interest in outperforming the other. Both companies want to be your first choice when you decide to get an intake system. From a third-party view, the one that benefits the most from this type of competition is the consumer. In our opinion, a customer would be very happy with a product from either of these companies. During the original test, Injen two-piece cold air system performed better than the AEM V2. During the second test, the AEM V2 performed better than the Injen two-piece system. In both tests, the AEM V2 made more power at particular engine speeds and the Injen two-piece made more power at other engine speeds. Take a look at the graphs and decide for yourself. Or go and test them both yourself on your application.

http://www.knfilterchargers.com/search/pro...px?Prod=RE-0930 is what Northy said works best on the CES.

My test will be the most controlled test so far that I'm aware of. Same Dyno, same car, same fuel, same engine temp, same filter, same strap tension, ecu reset before each run, same tyre pressure, same gear, in shootout mode, etc etc.

It will put an end to the claims etc about X v's Y in a pure pipe comparison.

Mate will be happy to help out if I can on the day(so long as the boss doesn't have me assigned to a particular task) So give me some notice and I can then use it as leverage ;)

Thank you; there is a lot of information in here.

Ill probably just do the one dyno after everything is fitted (cant afford that many)- Ill be happy with anything above 120kw atw once everything is fitted.

I should have everything fitted on the first weekend of May and count me in for a dyno day in Melbourne if there is one for sure.

Thanks again.

I'm really looking forward to this comparo, after all I am in the market for a CAI. Almost 5000k and Im too used to the power already.

Im curious though, when I mentioned that dynos had to be done same day, same engine temp etc etc, I need a chill pill, yet when Rollamods organises the exact comparison I was talking about (admittedly it was his idea in the first place, but thats not the point I'm making here), its . . . . wait for it . . . . . "the ultimate back to back cold air intake test".

So are we all in agreeance that dyno comparisons need to be very strictly controlled, or can we just do it a few months later and rely on those results? Im confused. :unsure:

Finally a real answer

INJEN versus AEM

In both tests, the AEM V2 made more power at particular engine speeds and the Injen two-piece made more power at other engine speeds. Take a look at the graphs and decide for yourself.

What are they saying ???? in plain language u aint gonna feel the f%^#$% difference. They are both top notch product and if u honestly think u can feel that gain of 1kw @ 4000 rpm's and that loss of 1kw @ 5000 rpms then have a go at ur own home made job of making sure u dont experiences any losses :P :P :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

so maybe ces won't be that much of a difference to the others then.

Long ago I did said it doesnt matter which brand you buy, as they are all similar overall.

I will pay that, this argument is getting pretty old now.

Any of these intakes is pretty much the same thing...sure there may be descrepencies at certain revs between the different brands, but ultimately, they are all the same/extremely similar design and will result in similar performance gains. These are N/A 1.8L 4 cyls here people, not blown 6s or V8s, what it comes down to really is availability and cost - whatever is easier for the consumer is right for the consumer, the golden rule of marketing :)

I am interested to see how Jason's test will perform however, as this guy knows his stuff and is sure to develop an accurate result.

I'd like to say that regarding the size discussion of the pipework, I would like to volunteer to be at rollamods' test with a digital camera and a ruler and take then post pics of the sizes.

There seems to be a lot of discussion about the size of the pipework for each CAI so I reckon it'd be a great way to dispell or prove any theory's.

Any problems with me doing this rollamods???