Breathin' Easy

Got my exhaust system installed today...

Here's what it is:

-Shift Performance CAI with Hurricane cotton filter.

-Custom Extractors - i bought these ages back from Pippy. I don't know much about them, cept they are stainless steel.

-High Flow Cat

-Sportivo Cat Back system...

so far with a couple of short drives, ive noticed its very quiet on idle... it sounds pretty sweet when you touch the accelerator... pretty quiet until around 5000rpm, and then she starts to scream :)

i wont comment on performance yet... we'll see how i go at WSID on the 15th :D

anyway here's a couple of pics:

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

37214c99.jpg

a176a58b.jpg

looks great Tom :)

would be good to know what it does on the dyno too... you busy on the 2nd July ;) :)

how much of the Stivo did you end up using? All the way from the headers?

What headers are they?

EDIT: it's alright I've read the 1st post again now :P

I post in the threads I find interesting... not all the whore topics... :P

I'm normally around somewhere :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

$50 for non-toymods members. It's 1st come 1st served and a good day out if you are interested.

It's not far from you at Silverwater Automotive Services on Silverwater Road at..... wait for it...... Silverwater :P

more info here http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6317

I'll be getting there some time between 8:30 and 9am which means leaving home at ~7:30 on a Sunday... UNTHINKABLE :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Very nice Tom!! :D 1zze Represent! :rolleyes: How much do u expect her to make on a dyno? 90odd?

Was on a cruise with EXE last night, the stivo catback makes heaps difference in throttle response :o

Tom very nice choice of parts mate, can you post up a pic of the stock 1zz headders for comparison might help show how much bigger they are over the stock. Cant wait to see your time on the strip mate good luck :)

ill be attending the toymods dyno day on the 2nd of july, so we'll see what its got...

and the drags on the 14th of June too...

lets hope it performs well...

i dont have the stock extractors anymore- i left em at the exhaust shop. i might head back down there this arvo and grab them from them, if i can be bothered...

Looks like a good setup you got going there man, that would go quite nicely on the street.

You havnt found the low end suffers at all under load (ie, 3+ people in the car, going up hills, etc) over stock? I doubt that it would, but i could be wrong...i would also look forward to some decent dyno numbers, the 4 into 1 headers give you better top end hp, as opposed to the better torque and midrange gained from 4-2-1s.

At the same time though, i wouldnt assume high dyno number = fast 1/4 time, there are lots of other factors to consider to get a decent quater and in the case of these cars, traction is more of a deciding issue than horsepower, hehe.

And while we are on the topic (sorry Tom, don't mean to jack your thread)...

I am looking at replacing my canon for a muffler (yeah i know, milo tin's suck blah blah blah), mainly due to the increasing amount of interior rattles due to the vibration caused by the SOB (its not a problem when cruising, but when you get up it...) and when i drop the car on coil overs in the next few months the canon hangs too low and will scrape like an SOB.

Anyhows...I will be getting my car tuned in the next few weeks and i am wondering, should i replace the exhaust BEFORE or AFTER the tune? Will it make a difference? I am just looking at getting an X-Force muffler, i can get them real cheap and they are supposed to have the same flow properties as the canon but with better resonation of course. Should i rely on this claim and get one on later? (getting one now would mean for-going the tune for another week, not cool)

Suggestions anyone?

You havnt found the low end suffers at all under load (ie, 3+ people in the car, going up hills, etc) over stock? I doubt that it would, but i could be wrong...i would also look forward to some decent dyno numbers, the 4 into 1 headers give you better top end hp, as opposed to the better torque and midrange gained from 4-2-1s.

4 into one does give u better top end. I did some testing when i cand the corsa in SA and they gave myt top end. But all depends what you going for. I was racing 400/800 and 1km drags so it was perfect.

As for suffering under load. i think the 1zz's do anyway by having low torque already.

Mintos get ur exhaust then tune it.

gee that exhaust looks fully sick and awesome i wonder where u got that from? :huh:

new fastest 1ZZ for sure coming up. your cool tom ;) :P :lol:

Settle down champion, look in your own driveway ;)

Tom IS cool though :)

Did somebody say CARPUTER?!?!? :lol:

in your driveway?

whats that about? you got some special secret plans do you?

... and yes, someone said carputer...

ooo... all the "my state has some secret mods coming up, and they will blow you away" calls are coming from every direction... this should be interesting...

gee that exhaust looks fully sick and awesome i wonder where u got that from? :huh:

Personally i dont see what the whole big deal is about this secret weapon crap.....How much can you possible do to a rolla?? turbo, supercharge or NOs; if not its a engine convo!!!!Big woopie frickin doo dahhh!!! just get it over and done with the whole secretive crap cos if its building up this much hype it would want to be sumthing pretty impressive or i can feel it coming that someone is gonna get MOCKED!!! :P :lol: :D

Personally i dont see what the whole big deal is about this secret weapon crap.....How much can you possible do to a rolla?? turbo, supercharge or NOs; if not its a engine convo!!!!Big woopie frickin doo dahhh!!! just get it over and done with the whole secretive crap cos if its building up this much hype it would want to be sumthing pretty impressive or i can feel it coming that someone is gonna get MOCKED!!! :P :lol: :D

haha sunny i think that was a joke!!!!!! thats my bro, he was replying to me saying that his car is awesome, its just what we do lol, no secret weapon here!!!! 'cept for the fully sick neons all throughout the car oh yeah!!!!!