Gen 11 rolla

I know we have seen a pic like this before .. but here is more ...

New Toyota Corolla Latest Spy Photos

Text by Hans G. Lehmann

Copyright by Lehmann Photo-Syndication

06-01-2006

Fastback and Booted Version

At the Paris Motor Show this fall, Toyota will release the replacement for the current world's best selling Corolla. This 10th generation of the Japanese top seller is then to hit the showrooms in the beginning of 2007. Disguised prototypes of the new fastback model have already been sighted in various places around the world. The most recent photos are showing another prototype of the five-door fastback during a stop at a filling station in Germany.

The next generation Corolla will be an evolution of the present model, and it is sitting on Toyota’s recently developed 300N/MC platform. Furthermore, the Corolla will be the base for a number of new models by Toyota including the next Avensis and Previa.

The Corolla is also going to get a newly developed range of direct-injection petrol engines ranging from 1.4 litre 97 HP over an all new 1.6 litre 120 HP to the top of the line model with 1.8 litre 150 HP, plus a selection of three fresh diesels with 1.4 litre 90 HP, 2.0 litre 120 HP, and 2.2 litre 177 HP.

The car will be built in Burnaston, Great Britain and again will be available as a three- and five-door fastback and a booted four-door version.

6060601.001.mini1L.jpg

6060601.001.mini2L.jpg

6060601.001.mini3L.jpg

2060525.001.mini5L.jpg

6060213.001.mini1L.jpg

6060518.003.mini1L.jpg

6060518.003.mini2L.jpg

6060518.003.mini3L.jpg

6060518.003.mini5L.jpg

6060518.003.mini6L.jpg

6060518.003.mini7L.jpg

0424corolla.JPG

The Corolla is also going to get a newly developed range of direct-injection petrol engines ranging from 1.4 litre 97 HP over an all new 1.6 litre 120 HP to the top of the line model with 1.8 litre 150 HP...

Personally i'd like to see the next Corolla with a 2.4L VVTi :ph34r:

2AZ-FE

125Kw/6000rpm

224Nm/4000rpm

Can someone tell me why they put so much tape and **** all over the cars in the wierdest ways?

its so u cant tell wat it looks like until they reveal it!

btw that center console looks pretty hot!

Can someone tell me why they put so much tape and **** all over the cars in the wierdest ways?

its so u cant tell wat it looks like until they reveal it!

btw that center console looks pretty hot!

its gonna be a bugger to change to after market stuff .. when they mould everthing in !

i am LOVING that dash for a carputer screen... you could rip whatever that screen is poking out the top and replace it with a computer screen... it looks like it folds down into the dash too - perfect security!!

yeah thats true...

if i had the money, id make it work... the best way to go (sorry to hijack), is apparently using a normal head unit, like even a crap one for radio, cos there's jack all out there in the way of PC FM receivers that actually work... so i might do that...

so sportivo will be only 150hp?

Nah i read in the current Wheels magazine that the sportivo corolla equivalent will be released with the TRD batch of toyotas on the way.

they said its gonna have a turbo and is going to be more than sportivo's 141kw

I personally think that is the butt ugliest shell they've come up with yet.

As soon as I'm done with the Sportivo I'm restoring an AE86 as a 'daily driver' with a hotish 4AGE motor. That shell is just too ugly. I'd rather drift to work every day along Point Hut Crossing.

yeah thats true...

if i had the money, id make it work... the best way to go (sorry to hijack), is apparently using a normal head unit, like even a crap one for radio, cos there's jack all out there in the way of PC FM receivers that actually work... so i might do that...

What about a FM Radio Tuner PCI card?

As soon as I'm done with the Sportivo I'm restoring an AE86 as a 'daily driver' with a hotish 4AGE motor. That shell is just too ugly. I'd rather drift to work every day along Point Hut Crossing.

It is quite ugly aye. At least not Toyotas ugliest shell (Aussie Avalon?) :lol: Let's see what bodykits C-one make for this thing ;)

Not a bad interior though.

Comparing the first black disguised car and the photochopped japanese magazine pic, I think the headlights in the magazine pic are a little in accurate and bigger than the real ones, look at the actual panel lines below the tape and vinyl on the first pic.

So it shouldn't look so bad, Hopefully the projector beam headlights will be adopted on the Aus Spec model.

Edited by IZZ-FE

yeah thats true...

What about a FM Radio Tuner PCI card?

It is quite ugly aye. At least not Toyotas ugliest shell (Aussie Avalon?) :lol: Let's see what bodykits C-one make for this thing ;)

Not a bad interior though.

yeah this tastes like a cross between the yaris and the current rolla. but im quite impressed with the c-one kitted up yaris's. makes me want a yaris t-sport. I keep thinking its a shame c-one didn't rice up the corolla as much as they did the yaris.

2.2L diesel? can i have taht with a turbo please?