ZZE123R vs. DC2

DC2R win stock for stock. They are basically a track car you can use on the road, They are geared to stay in vtec on every change unlike our 2zz, which falls out of lift if we are not careful.

hey guyz

wot wud it be like if a Corolla Sportivo [ZZE123R] vs. a Integra Type R [DC2]

*in a drag race*

Look up the frist melborune drag day threads and PM bigbum, he's got vids of stivos vs the a couple of Rs

the stivo seems to be faster most of the time (varies with the driver)

Bear in mind that the DC2R is a beast, a track car that somehow made it road legal. The suspension system, the seats, its all the package.

With the sportivo, your're buying a granny wagon that toyota shoved a good engine into. The height is terrible, the interior leather shoddy, the SA build quality questionable, the seating height is a joke.

If you buy coilovers, front+rear strut, tower strut, cai, recaros, you may get the stivo to juuuusssttt start performing like the R.

Save your money, just buy an ascent sport

Edited by negatron

XploShun Posted Today, 10:54 AM

lol... is this guy deciding... to buy a dc2 or a stivo by its speed?

speed of the vehicle isn't what u aim for S2KY_, improve your driving skills! I once beat a Dc5 in my auto ascent, the idiot got too excited and couldn't shift properly.

lol

lolz!

nah dude.. i was just thinking bout wots the closest N/A car dat wud keep up wit a type R

also around the same price range

^-^

Lol, high revving beasties like these are extinct now man. Now NA power = BIG cc, damn you emmission laws!

BanGn took on his mate's Type S. BanGn was running Excedy HD clutch kit, racing pipe and injen CAI. tight race but he pulled on him eventually. There is a clip of this somewhere.

The Honda crew saw this and were like, 'Respect!'

Edited by bADbOYz

i got the vid on my computer but dont have anywhere to link it from... but thats a new type S not a DC2R anyway... integra should be able to beat it... big dependance on driver ability though

i got the vid on my computer but dont have anywhere to link it from... but thats a new type S not a DC2R anyway... integra should be able to beat it... big dependance on driver ability though

Agreed sir. The Type S replaced the Type R Integra here pretty much anyway. 158kw or something. They're still no slouch, and Brian's mate knows how to drive.

It's also important to note that this Type S has been modded since that drag and it is an absolute weapon according to Brian lol.

very good sir. i wouldnt mind an integra... but the stivo isnt as bad as people think. for all those interested who think the stivo is too tall, go check the drag coefficient stats... stivo performs much better than a celica...

stock for stock def the dc2r .... however if the dc2r driver cant drive then it wont matter what the other car is it will lose ....

If the stivo had an lsd and had a better sussy setup (so its then basically similar to a dc2r setup) then i would have 2 say the stivo might tip the honda out ....

Fark me, im pretty sure this question has been covered on this forum a million times.

It pretty obvious the Type R is gonna be better, it was like 15 grand more expensive than the than stivo new. But then if was gonna spend an extra 15 grand I'd much rather buy a WRX.

As for stock Stivos, they handle like a boat and there is no way they will handle like a Type-R. Spend only a couple grand and you will probably outhandle a Type-R. Ive only spent around $700 and it outhandles most other cars on the road. Specialized32 has stock springs, with whiteline front and rear sway bars plus a strut brace and it handles awsome, especially considering it has a 4x4 ride height ( i think he only spent around $500).

Edited by ZAV

lolz!

nah dude.. i was just thinking bout wots the closest N/A car dat wud keep up wit a type R

also around the same price range

^-^

I dunno about price range but what about a RS200? they pack a hell of a punch for a N/A 2L

very good sir. i wouldnt mind an integra... but the stivo isnt as bad as people think. for all those interested who think the stivo is too tall, go check the drag coefficient stats... stivo performs much better than a celica...

Where's the drag coeffiecient stats at? :blink:

i think the only thing that has a chance against the type R is the fto gp version R

yeahh i wanna see these stats too. lol theres heaps of "stats" and they all vary so i dont bother with them anymore. a celica was a 15.8second car and i broke that with a 15.2 so i dont belive them lol.

15.2 should be a stock dc2r? iv seen dc2r's break into the 14's stock easily.

btw while were at it, who u rekon will win corollasportivo/celica vs fto gpx.

my mates got on but its trip so yea =/ cant compare :P

sry for hijackin thread xD

Edited by vyets