Sydney Sportivo's lower Spring advise.

iNdCeNt

screaminrolla the suspension is very firm. i have the standard springs but there are 9 different springs you can choose.

later i will change the standard springs to the softess set for more comfort and maybe get the front camber plate put in. it is overkill for a road car but i purchased a package for life.

handling increased a lot. so much i did not want the front strut bar anymore. makes clunk sounds at times but this seems to happen in most coilovers.

but by changing to your coilover alone give u 1' lower than std right orrock? then the suspension is able to drop 4' is it? or 4' altogether?

i do not think so because the mechanic adjusted the coilovers (on the floor) to match stock before fitting them on the car. once fitted the mechanic then adjusted the height to go down.

the only way i would know if i adjusted the height to maxium up to measure if the car is at stock level or higher.

in regards to the rattle from the suspesion.

i noticed the same rattle with my friend's TEIN Flex Coil Over Suspension.

i mentioned it to him, and he said that it was a characteristic of coil overs.

he also mentioned that you can get these 'sponges' or 'rubber stoppers' that can be placed underneath the spring so they don't bounce around.

*shrugs*

i used to get rattles. the adjustable skewers at the top of the coilovers were moving around so i removed them. do not need the skewers in the coilovers all the time. only need them for adjusting the damper.

i guess the noises are due to the suspension being so low even though coilovers are made for going very low.

• 2 weeks later...

Was wondering if anyone had pics of their stivo lowered with the original 16"ers on.

I would really like to lower mine but don't really have much of an idea on what springs etc etc because this is my first real car that i can do anything to.

I understand the low king springs

KTFL 105 and KTRL106 (which is what XtigerX has) looks pretty damn sweet... but he has 17"ers on... would there be much difference with 16's?

I don't want to go any lower than that as i WOULD like at some stage to move up to 17"....but thats down the track as i'd like to pay it off before i do that.

Also... from reading this i'm assuming i'd be looking at around $440-$500 installed?

Any suggestions for somewhere i could get it done in the south?

Hahah sorry for the questions!

Cheers guys!

I don't want to go any lower than that as i WOULD like at some stage to move up to 17"....but thats down the track as i'd like to pay it off before i do that.

it will not matter so long as you use 215/45-R17 and have a good offset.

i would suggest not going 215/45. still rubs, unless u can find a wheel with offset more than 45 which might limit your selection. i'm gonna try 215/40 later next week and see how it goes.

215/40 is hard to find with our load rating, as well :(

$20-$40 per corner in melbourne.

i just rang www.gsad.com.au they quoted me $540 so im guessing they are not the right place to go :(

went to another place and they were asking $60 corner :blink: