Sydney Sportivo's lower Spring advise.

iNdCeNt

Hey guys,

i need some advise on what type of springs i should buy to lower me car,

i just want it to sit so the standard tires meet the guard...

How much did u sydney guys get it done for?

any help would be helpful!

cheers

mairo

ull find most guys on here have king springs, they are around $120 a pair plus fitting. Ill be lowering mine soon with whiteline springs and koni shocks, whiteline springs are $160 a pair. Im not sure about fitting cost it varies depending where u go, ill be doing mine myself most likely to save a few $$$$, hpoe that helps a bit ;)

Yeah I got Eibach Pro-kit Springs (30mm drop) in my ride and am very happy with em. They set me back about $500 for the 4 though hence the reason why people opt for the cheaper Kings. Fitting was about $200 if I recall?

Hope it helps

D.

I got lowered lovelles springs here in Perth for a little bit cheaper than a set of King springs. Im not sure how much lower the car is, I just told the guy that fitted them that I still wanted to be able to go over speed bumps without any problems.

Really quite happy with it, car still handles great, no annoying rubbing of guards when cornering fast and it looks good with the 17inch wheels.

Sportivo Looks sooo much better when lowered, what were the designers thinking when they designed the standard ride height 4 the stivo?

in melbourne i get king springs for $105 to $110 per pair. the lowest price i have found for fitting in melbourne is $80 a whole car.

i have a set of brand new lovells that would get you close to your guards. i was going to use these myself but i ended up with coilovers.

screaminrolla i like your new avatar! for whiteline you can contact dan at modyourcar as he typically sells under the recommended retail price.

Low King Springs $440 (normal price)

Thats the exact same as I have and exact same as I paid...

I bought mine from one of the best suspension places in Perth... not the best but certainly a reliable place that really made the handeling improve unbelievably (I have an ascent... not sportivo)

some pics of how a sportivo looks like lowered with Low Kings & 17's.

xTiGeRx1

xTiGeRx 2

xTiGeRx Rear Right Wheel

xTiGeRx Front Right Wheel

xTiGeRx Left Side

Hope it helps.

Do you have any problems with speed bumps or cornering? Rubbing guards?

Are you happy with the ride after being lowered etc etc?

My rolla looks exactly like Tigers (ride height wise with and 17' wheel), im very happy withthe result. I shall post some photos later.

The handeling improves a lot, the ride feels much stiffer at first but loosens up after a while.

The only problem I have is because my remus exhaust is a bit lower than my sportivo sideskirts, it is really easy to hit the exhaust on almost any speed bumps.

I have to crab crawl over most ramps that look a little bit high so I dont damage my sideskirts, neons or exhaust.

Also if you have it lowered then be aware of parking head on facing a curb.... would be very easy to just plough into it... cant say I have done it yet.

I ran over a curb at night time when I didnt see it and broke a side neon on my car. Just proves that one little mistake and you can do some damage easily.

But overall im incredibly happy with the lowering. Looks fantastic.

speed humps...i alway slow down and take it easy.

corners...take it easy too.

yeah, i do have problems with the rubber scrubbing the guards. eg: if i go too quick over humps/dips or corner too hard.

but..this problem is going to be rectified, straight talk suspension is goingn to fix the camber on the front.

the rear doesn't scrub at all.

oh..and going into my garage...i place a piece of wood infront to get it...ehhehe

:lol::lol::lol:

that's the price you pay for looks.

ride wise: it's beautiful! it's not uncomfortable at all. sure, it's a little firmer, but it's because it follows the road more.

I bought mine from one of the best suspension places in Perth... not the best but certainly a reliable place that really made the handeling improve unbelievably (I have an ascent... not sportivo)

Skitzo,

what is the name of the suspension place you used in perth? do they do eibach suspension kit too? :D

Skitzo,

what is the name of the suspension place you used in perth? do they do eibach suspension kit too? :D

WA suspension or Wilkinson Suspension is the best to use in WA by far. They do great deals and do the job properly!!!

If you use either of these companies expect to be given good service!

Also if you have it lowered then be aware of parking head on facing a curb.... would be very easy to just plough into it... cant say I have done it yet.

i too have an ascent and it has adjustable coilovers 4" travel and 36 damper settings. the rear has just 1 cm left before it is maximum down.

in an outdoor car park i reversed parked not knowing there was a cement parking block (mini curb). i am glad i do not have a fancy muffler because i would have hit it on the block. the stock muffler was only 1 cm above the block.

in places where you think you would touch something just go slowly.

i too have an ascent and it has adjustable coilovers 4" travel and 36 damper settings. the rear has just 1 cm left before it is maximum down.

in an outdoor car park i reversed parked not knowing there was a cement parking block (mini curb). i am glad i do not have a fancy muffler because i would have hit it on the block. the stock muffler was only 1 cm above the block.

in places where you think you would touch something just go slowly.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Invest in Rear Parking Sensors :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

they dun pick up the the curbs or anything that low :(

i'm considering lowering the car by 40mm.

has anyone else got their ride that low? and if so, how is the car up marginally steep drive ways, and speed humps, and day to day obstacles.

im guessin the main place where it would scrap would be underneath the car, not so much the front skirt.

40mm is nothing.

LMAO from the emperor obsessed with lowering :P

there u have it!

richi, i think 40mm is fine, considering the amount we have to start off with from the beginning! my day-to-day has no dramas. just keep an eye out for the kerb stone things at the parking lots.

Bahaha! But seriously, 4cm is nothing bro. Look at Orrock, he is able to 4' lowered to the ground, only 1cm to go for the rear, so the rear is 11.5cm lowered then eh?

But ey, 40mm is trouble free, that's all I'm sayin'. Besides, standard height or non-standard height, you still need to be carefull anyway.

Wanna know about my day-to-day? pretty much like when it was std actually. However, the best is to ensure can your car get out from your house easily.

Bahaha! But seriously, 4cm is nothing bro. Look at Orrock, he is able to 4' lowered to the ground, only 1cm to go for the rear, so the rear is 11.5cm lowered then eh?

i want to be closer to the ground too. apart from looks handling is increased.

the coilovers have 4" (10 cm) adjustable height. i have 1 cm free to go down to the ground. therefore the rear is 9 cm down from stock.

please remember i have ascent. sportivo is 1" lower than ascent.