TRD Short Shifter

Hey Im interested in purchasing a TRD short shifter for my '05 Stivo. I was going to get it from TRD sales but it looks like they are having some issues, plus it is a bit on the expensive side. Can any1 recomend another place to get the shifter at a decent price?

Try calling Toyota Parts Australia... they are ment to have the TRD items in there system now, as to ETA on stock I am unsure... worth a call I think...

Cheers

FB :P

i ended up changing back to the stocker

Whats wrong with the TRD shifter?

maybe it's his arm :P j/k

some ppl find short shifters require too much effort to shift.

extra effort definantly does not help when driving all day but the main reason was to put the ****er up nice and tall again.... i actually spaced it up taller easier to changes on those long **** bends

extra effort definantly does not help when driving all day but the main reason was to put the ****er up nice and tall again.... i actually spaced it up taller easier to changes on those long **** bends

So should I save my money, cuz I though that a short shifter would make it easier to drive and help hitting lift 1st to 2nd.

So should I save my money, cuz I though that a short shifter would make it easier to drive and help hitting lift 1st to 2nd.

Excedy hd clutch or equivalent my friend. That will fix the stickiness of your shifts from 1st to 2nd etc. The quickshift kit is like the icing on the cake. Makes the shifts quicker still. BanGn is a perfect example of what an excedy hd clutch and quickshift kit can get you. He ran a 14.9 with a quickshift, excedy clutch, injen cai and racing pipe instead of a muffler. That's all.

I didn't have the quick shift kit or Exedy clutch and ran a 14.8 with less mods... what's your point?

I personally think the quick shifter is a w@nk that's only purpose if for looks in our cars.

There are many cars where it is a benefit but the stock shifter is pretty short for a shock shifter to begin with anyway.

I didn't have the quick shift kit or Exedy clutch and ran a 14.8 with less mods... what's your point?

I personally think the quick shifter is a w@nk that's only purpose if for looks in our cars.

There are many cars where it is a benefit but the stock shifter is pretty short for a shock shifter to begin with anyway.

>.< its not a w@nk man i just got it in my car and its heaps better then the stock shifter i can tell you that its not just there for looks cuz its shorter it actually helps with gears 1-6 man u can hit lift with every gear change without even trying with the short shifter.... The trd one IS expensive but my opion i reackon it was worth my $240 for it.

My Two Cents,

Steve,

Another great one that fits our cars is the TWM shifter

the US guys love it

http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifter...ortshifters.htm

Or look on US EBay

EBAY U.S.

Thise TWM shifter look too short, so it may be difficult to reach with the design of the armrest and console.

I'm interested in purchasing TRD short shifter. If any1 else is too id really be interested in a group buy. Hey Kaze-Stivo, any chance you can set us up with ur contact in Honk Kong, cuz $240 bux is a bargain.

I was thinking of getting one but after reading this thread I am not confused… LOL

Please could someone explain what exactly the pro’s and con’s are of getting the TRD quick shift installed?

Please don’t answer with a one sided/“it sucks” answer, I am after a bit more of a knowledgeable answer if any on knows? :D

Cheers

FB

$240 is no postage lol think about HK to AUS lol probly cost a arm and a leg im not too sure cuz my aunt paid for me, ill pm u his details =P~

TRD SHORT SHIFTER PROS-

-It looks so much shorter

-Shift ratio is much shorter

-Changing gears from 1-6 is much shorter therefore hitting lift between gear change easy (without trying)

-You actually know which gear your in bcoz when u go into the gears its more stiff

-TRD BRAND!? :P

-Easy cheap/good mod

TRD SHORT SHIFTER CONS-

-N O T H I N G ! ! !

Steve,

My Two Cents :)

One problem known to all short shifters is that at the end of the day your using a device that trows the gears in much quicker this shortening the life of both the syncros and gearbox itself.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

Bill

Dylan you were running a CES catback and CAI weren't you? You had more power than Brian did. He was pushing 115kw at the wheels. You had more didn't you?

What's your point? lol

lol but ppl use cai,exust,hd clutch,hids,rims,coils,suspensions,shocks which are all normal mods which wear down the life of the car also so in the end its all damaging ur car is it not??

but it all makes us happy :D

Steve,

My Two Cents

Dylan you were running a CES catback and CAI weren't you? You had more power than Brian did. He was pushing 115kw at the wheels. You had more didn't you?

What's your point? lol

What my car did on a dyno in Sydney vs what Brians did on a dyno in Melbourne in irrelivant to the arguement that cannot be compared.

Yes I had the CAI and CES exhaust, but I thought the race pipe gave better top end ie better for the drags... The clutch and higher spec pressure plate make a difference, but I'm yet to get these items too. I would rate the HD clutch and pressure plate as having a greater effect on his time then the short shifter ever did...

takes no effort to land 1-2 lift if you know how either ;)

practice makes perfect... :P

lol but ppl use cai,exust,hd clutch,hids,rims,coils,suspensions,shocks which are all normal mods which wear down the life of the car also so in the end its all damaging ur car is it not??

but it all makes us happy :D

Steve,

My Two Cents

those mods do not shorted the life of the car, in some of those cases, such as suspension, it can actually prolong it... it is the way you drive and care for the car that determines the life of the vehicle, not the modifications.