Succesful 1-2 shifts

Just curious, as the stivo has been around for a while now. So alot of time for people to learn to land 1-2 LIFT. How many still find it hard to do?? As everytime you dont do it your giving the stivo a bad rep :ph34r:

I can do it the majority of the time, but i just give some throtle during the change. I crunch it if i rush myself, so painful :o :o

I've had shifts 1-2 where the needle has not dropped below 7000rpm, you just need to use the clutch a little.

The best way I have found to stay in lift with minimal clutch is to drive 1st to as close to the rev limitter as you can, but don't hit it (just beyond 8000rpm), clutch in,lift the accelerator, snap the lever into 2nd, press the accelerator to raise revs to ~6000rpm, clutch out to the friction point (do not drop it as the car will baulk a little), plant the right boot and lift off the rest of the way. :)

keep doing that and you'll be running in the 14s in no time :D

the ratios

although i said mechanically it can't be done - i never said its impossible to land on lift

if u said mechanically it cant be done does that not mean u r technically saying its impossible ??????

and if thats what ur saying then i have 2 disagree with u ......

It can be done every time, you just have to know how to shift. Alot of you guys still move the stick from 1st to 2nd straight down, and you have a 50-50 to get it in second in time. If you push it into second slightly to the left, it gets in quicker and you improve your chances.

I remember when i was 'learning' to land in lift, 1 night i must have tired about 15 times (1-2-stop) by the end of it i managed to get it but the clutch felt like jelly....I dont think ive tried for 3-4 months

If everyting is done as intended ie, accelerate, take foot off, put clutch in, change gears, clutch up, accelerate you will never land in lift as was said above, mechanicaly it is not possible with the ways the ratios work.

Countering this with a little bit of clutch slip works just fine. I would reccomend this over the voilent ***** on all your drivetrain if you dump it in second at high revs to make the wheels spin, you will also get better times using the clutch slip as there is no loss of traction, all the power goes to the ground :).

I also find, if you want a quick change, relax your left hand a little, if you grip the stick too tight you are more likely to miss the gate, I usually rest my hand on it and almost flip it into second using a couple of fingers.

Edited by Blade Hunter

really simple solution ... move lift and move ur fuel cut ... problem solved .... u can then have a coffee between shifts n still land lift .....

so, u got your answers yet?

I guess i don't need to explain anymore.

Oh yeah,

for the adventurous type - try flat shifting.

Maybe if you explained yourself better in the first place there wouldn't be so much confusion.

"Its not possible mechanically" to the reasonable person, means that its not possible mechanically (der). If its not mechanically possible, it cant be done, which in this case, is not true. The mechanical limitations of the vehicle do not prevent you from landing lift.

I think you meant "Its not possible on paper" or similar.

Edited by -JC-

so, u got your answers yet?

I guess i don't need to explain anymore.

Oh yeah,

for the adventurous type - try flat shifting.

Maybe if you explained yourself better in the first place there wouldn't be so much confusion.

"Its not possible mechanically" to the reasonable person, means that its not possible mechanically (der). If its not mechanically possible, it cant be done, which in this case, is not true. The mechanical limitations of the vehicle do not prevent you from landing lift.

I think you meant "Its not possible on paper" or similar.

He wasnt asked to explain anything so he doesnt have to.

Y would he have to explain it again when others have?

He wasnt asked to explain anything so he doesnt have to.

Y would he have to explain it again when others have?

I was merely making the point that Danz first post didn't explain what he was talking about. He knows full well that it is possible to land lift, as do you.