Succesful 1-2 shifts

Can anyone explain to me what is flat shifting? I've got no idea

Basically its shifting without lifting your foot off the accelerator pedal.

Keep your foot flat, dip the clutch, change the gear, and let the clutch out again.

Its not very mechanically sympathetic unless you have a clutch capable of handling the stress, even then its pretty harsh on the rest of the drivetrain.

Funny each time there is some worthwhile discussion there is always someone who felt under fire.

Normally, it comes from the same group of people too.

Well, I guess its a freedom of speech over at forums.

I know its possible to land on lift, i never said it is impossible anyway. Its just require operation beyond standard procedure.

the first time i heard of landing lift, I thought it would be impossible. I'm not the best driver in the world, but landing lift to me seemed almost impossible. That was until i saw a video someone on the board made and heard what landing LIFT 1-2 was like. Heaven!!! Soo, I was intent on practicing and remember the first time I did it, it scared the $hit out of me. It sounded like if the engine gonna pop out and the wheel spin was attrocious. Needless to say, it brought an instant smile and i ended up practicing ALOT. LOLOL

But my technique has changed, instead of trying to shift like those guys on best motoring aka, super fast, I just blip [the throttle] midway the change, LIFT lands each and every time, and the car jsut continues to shoot forward.

I guess we all have our own driving styles, but for me, a blip midway always secures the LIFT on the 1-2 change. [its the only gear change i bliip through] Yesterday ironically, I decided just to change without the blip and i droppped to 5800 in that "hole of darkness". The car seem to take FOREVER to get back to LIFT and i felt down right embarassed, lolol. B)

Edited by highlift

be careful how much you punish your car doing 1-2 lifts otherwise certain things might break on your car... things that not under warrenty would be expensive to fix ...trust me i know all about it and lets just leave it at that..... ;)

Funny each time there is some worthwhile discussion there is always someone who felt under fire.

I know its possible to land on lift, i never said it is impossible anyway. Its just require operation beyond standard procedure.

For sure man, and also tollerences in the mechanical side of things, I mean it's not like all these gearboxes are identical.

Im still trying to figure out what was so bad about what I said. Your post didnt make sense, so I questioned it.

You made a very short comment, which to a reasonable person, implied that it was not possible to land lift on the 1-2 shift. I questioned that because I know its possible?

Correct, it is freedom of speech. If you think I have crossed the line in some way, why not report my post to a moderator, or better still, pm me, and I can set you straight. There was no offence intended Danz, Im really not sure why you have taken it that way to be honest.

Edited by -JC-

Im still trying to figure out what was so bad about what I said. Your post didnt make sense, so I questioned it.

You made a very short comment, which to a reasonable person, implied that it was not possible to land lift on the 1-2 shift. I questioned that because I know its possible?

Correct, it is freedom of speech. If you think I have crossed the line in some way, why not report my post to a moderator, or better still, pm me, and I can set you straight. There was no offence intended Danz, Im really not sure why you have taken it that way to be honest.

Danz is from Jupiter whereas you are from Neptune lets say. I've notice you two guys having tussles before. I think you both just concieve what the other says incorrectly sometimes. Meh it happens. I know Danz is a top guy, it's all good.