Submit list of problems to Toyota

Its not like we can submit these problems in one big list though (well not in my opinion anyways) Because they aren't all happening on everyones cars. My only issues are:

Gear Selector cable rattle (not all the time though)

Another rattle on the drivers side (Only over 100km/h)

Oh and something else that i have found common with a fair few cars but haven't really understood (hoping someone can explain it to me) is that even when i have the air con set on feet mode the air still pumps out through the top vents as well and i am suspecting also through the demist vents too seeing as though the windows tend to fog almost non stop. Is this normal? Or am i doing something wrong?

damn straight!  the service cost me $230 btw. is that what you guys paid for your 10,000km service? (sorry for breaking topic)

also, the cover that goes over the tail light inside the boot doesn't clip in properly.

I paid $123 for my service...mine was just oil filter and oil change and tat was basically it...wat else did u get done on your service??

but by the time i did a wheel allignment (couldn't do it at the toyota service) and balance n rotate of tyres..(which was $70) so my service all up was $200.

I swear for as long as I drive this stivo, I'm never going back to the service centre.. It cost me $99 for a friggin oil change and $70 off that $99 was for labour.. Screw that, I'm not paying some dude $70 to change my friggin oil! And driving into that place is bad luck..

Whats worse is when the guy handed me back my car keys he said they changed the oil AND air filter.. YEAH RITE! I knew they wouldnt change the filter since I had my apexi intake there. What BS.. Oh, $70 included labour and to check the car was working properly. I'd know damn well myself if my stivo is working alright or not.. pfft :angry:

Ok, I think we are going off topic here :huh:

Anyway, I'm sure that Toyota is aware of some of the more troubling problems that our Stivo has. Many of us have already given feedback to our dealers ans service managers. It's really whether they'll fix ALL the problems or at least some of them that I care about.

I sent a casual email to Toyota Australia to get some info and this was their reply:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent email regarding the performance of the

Corolla

Sportivo.

We would like at this moment in time to acknowledge receipt of this

email

and to advise that the issue at hand is not safety related, nor is a

vehicle reliability or normal operation compromised. The issue is

being

reviewed with Japanese departments and regulatory bodies.

Details will be released to the public once the action plan for

resolution

has been clarified, and yes we agree that rectification should pose no

impost on the customer.

Our apologies for any inconvenience that this concern has created and

please be assured of our best intentions at all times.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understated top speed of car (suppose to be 215km/ph)...pffff yer rite  :rolleyes:

When you said pffff... did you mean it doesnt reach the 215 top speed or did you manage to do more?

I reckon you've gotta max out all gears well at least starting from 3rd gear onwards to get a high top speed.. cuz if you dont, 6th gear will do bugger all in terms of pulling it faster.. So you've definately gotta take it up to the redline in 5th, 4th and maybe 3rd..

230 still quite a bit left in her. And that was after redlining 5th, just engaged in 6th.

Agreed stoopid head

my stock stivo is all over the place after 180, it floats and the steering inputs are not accurate at all.

Its like driving a hover craft.

N.B. I have never driven a hovercraft. ;)

well i was going over 180 km/h in the country on a bumping road... and i had to say it handled nicely compared to other cars i have driven. Even with the bump's on the roads. I dont know what u guys r on about saying it handles poorly at high speeds ( >180km/h). B)

Ohh yeah that was prior to lowering the car... so was pretty stock. Havent tried driving at high speeds as of yet. :unsure:

Well at 230, lowered 35mm it hugs the road quite nicely, and it was on a freeway, not some crappy road. if youre gona go fast, do it on a proper road with no cars around, not a bumpy patched up old country road, i mean it is a car not a tractor.

As i was stating, the rolla still handled well at high speeds, even though the road had been slightly bumpy at times. And if i didnt know the road well enough, i wouldnt have tested the car on it. But thanks for the advise, but its rather common sense dont u think? Damm if the road was meant for a tractor, i wouldnt have done more then 50 km/h on it. HAHAHAHAHA. Also i wouldnt try driving down that rd again above 80km/h now thats its lowered.

" if youre gona go fast, do it on a proper road with no cars around, not a bumpy patched up old country road, i mean it is a car not a tractor. "

:D :D yeah i think i was talking more about myself somehow as i once took the car to 200 on the worst ever road, it was out bush somewhere, and it was just patch after patch, the road was basically stitched up, very bumpy, looked like a tractor would have a hard time on it.