• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

pict0622js3.jpg

EXE Track Day 11/12/06

What can i say? I'm glowing still from the experience!!

6 RME1 (Des/Jules)

Session 1

2:25.3050 2:22.6090 2:17.4720 2:25.7010 (D)

2:22.8960 2:24.9790 2:18.3890 (J)

195*65*15" Tires proved quite poor on track - we were lapping so frikkin' slow, that on one particular session, we got lapped twice by both Jason and Vyets!!! Although the rims and tires look poonage, they would always squel with protest and the amount of understeer due to sidewall flex of the tires were ridiculous to say the least. So shameful lah, such a slow coach around the track - i was shattered...not only that we were pulling ******* tiems, but the fact that Des was rubbing it in that i was slower...*sobs*

Session 2

2:09.5330 2:04.2340 2:11.3120 2:07.2440 (D)

2:05.5040 2:03.4580 2:03.3310 2:00.4090 (J)

We then proceded to change the tires to a lower profile - 195*55*16 and it proved a huge difference - wiping off almost 18 seconds from previous!! a 14% improvement due to change of tires and balls ... i like it!

Session 3

2:04.9240 2:02.6630 2:00.9920 2:00.9770 (J)

2:01.5710 1:59.1710 2:00.1660 1:58.4250 1:58.3650 (J)

Wingz styles?? ...Nice or Rice?

2368301_70_full.jpg

2368301_71_full.jpg

:toast:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sportiyo - The camera work is unfortunately not mine. it's my mate (the Jazz). His camera is a Fijustizu SD5600 gizmo. The shutter speeds were increased to get the wacked out spermiside effect (they are sea gulls really X_X) and the light absorbtion was played with too.

Where from? Any TOYOTA DEALERSHIP that has a PARTS DEPARTMENT

How much? $117

Cutting required? NO - just cleaning, priming, and glueing

Difficulty: 3/10 (2 for the balls, 1 for the skill)

2 People strongly recommended

The Sun Guard turned out quite well - the photo in the previous blog had no tinted rear window, but mine is tinted, so essentially the "sun guard" (let's call this a "spoiler" for Cheapness sakes) .. looks black :D

2368301_73_full.jpg

The install was quite easy and tricky at the same time. Their was no drilling required. Just 3M tape (supplied) and Primer Adhesive (supplied) and Geometric skills (common sense + Patient alot harder to come by) We installed the first section with ease (the pivots which stick onto the rear window which are located on the inside of the 'wing tips' ) ... then we had to apply some sticky resin on the areas where we thought the 3M tape was going to stick >_<;; and it didn't really connect together. GG GG

2368301_72_full.jpg

2368301_74_full.jpg

All i need is a frikkin' bonnet protector and i got the whole Car Protector range T__T

Edited by RME1

the window spoiler looks good. the same situation is for the sedan we can get the rear window spoiler but the curve fit is not perfect so you need patience and strong adhesive to bond it down onto the glass. apart from that once it is glued down the fit gaps around it is perfect.

too bad about the racing nuts you got. though they look identical to weds racing nuts minus the weds logo printing on each nut it is better to be safe than sorry for them to snap apart when you are going fast on some track.

the other day i saw a new release box set of real jap nuts they are based gold (looks like a brass bolt colour) and on top flamed in purple, orange, blue like the titanium muffler tips but the range of colours of the flame was more. obviously these were made from titanium and look really special and very expensive!

also that day they were doing the usual "street" install on a bentley continetal gt! poor gt getting its systems pulled out for something else. too much money!

what intake system are you running? i have someone coming in a few weeks time from new york so have been a bit tempted to grab a trd cai since i will save on postage.

the goose is looking very fine :toast::toast::toast:

also that day they were doing the usual "street" install on a bentley continetal gt! poor gt getting its systems pulled out for something else. too much money!

what intake system are you running? i have someone coming in a few weeks time from new york so have been a bit tempted to grab a trd cai since i will save on postage.

the goose is looking very fine :toast::toast::toast:

Thanks Marcus!

For those of you who don't know where about's those 'street' installs are happening - It's in Hong Kong, Mongkok Region. Pretty much fast and furious style on boxhill's station street, except instead of serving the food, it's the go fast, sound hard bits and pieces. If any TOCIANS are in HK, Mongkok is definately a place to see. :toast: Side street sound installs FTW! :toast: and TSK TSK @ a Continential GT Sound install <_< ... why not go for the Cannon instead? Or Neon lights, so it can appear to be floating? :clap:

I'm currently running a 'Spectra Cold Air Intake' System installed by the boys at 'On The Run Motorsport' (boxhill, surprise surprise :whistling: ) It does the job - figures output arounds 83KW atw and sounds the part as well i guess.

Whilst ur in New York, could you have a look at rear strut bars for me pls? I've been wanting a rear strut (preferably C-ONE or a copy or TRD - beggars can't be choosers) ... but in the usual el Cheapo fashion $_$ ... ..

I'm currently investigating this brand (allutec) - i'm pretty sure Danz has a front strut (CF) from these guys.

Allutec Strut Bars What do you think?

I forgot to comment about the Hankook K102's: @ $140 each, i guess you can't really go wrong? .. The Silica protective film crap is still on the tire so i can't really do much about a fully sick test. Speaking of which, there are cops everywhere these days, it's not really worth the hassle.

The Goose's boots were upgraded from the stock 195*55*16 to 205*50*16 - so a fatter foot print and lower profile. I must say it does firm up things a fair bit -- The Donnelans ppls jacked up the tire pressures to 38 PSI!! >_<:; Is that normal ? I'm currently running 36PSI atm

Edited by RME1

ohhh i havent seen this car and jules in ages >.< LOL its looking good mate woah spoiler is lyk a sun protector but looks cool B) LOL gw man keep it up all u need is LIFT now :lol:

lol @ vic represent whys my car there :o :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

ohhh i havent seen this car and jules in ages >.< LOL its looking good mate woah spoiler is lyk a sun protector but looks cool B) LOL gw man keep it up all u need is LIFT now :lol:

lol @ vic represent whys my car there :o :lol:

:P I don't need LIFT -- I want TURBO POWER... VROOOoommm ZOop ZOop Zoop Zoop ZOoop!!

I miss my eyelids. :( I took off the tint with some hard yakka elbow work and metho. SO we're back at square one. But we're on a mission to go EL CHEAPOer with the eyelids using CONTACT - yes, the contact book stuff. It's not a new technique, but i'll try to go Bat man styles and we'll see how it goes. :whistling:

I would like to install a big F!OFF intake sucker gizmo gadget to link up to the CAI - Maty (BB's Garage) and I think SPEC BLACK had one on their STIVO's....but mine ain't a STIVO and the little 1zzfe will need all the sucking power she gets. Hopefully i'll be able to fabricate one from good old backyard accessories/bunnings. I've heard from these fellas the following things:

1. The intake piping get's heaps dirty

2. STONES :o + CAI = G_G

Hopefully the intake can be "stealth" black, so only those with a keen eye can see - I think that will mean i will need to do a "Lower lip grill" MOD that 1zzfewagon and a few others have preformed... or again i can ELCHeAPO it up :whistling:

Track day is coming up again (April 16) and I require the following things:

1. Wheel Alignment

2. Rear Brake Pads - The handbrake is a bit weak...as in - on a slope she doesn't really stop

$_$ + Z_Z + !_! = T_T;;

3. MTDKR (MT Dand-Kebab-Run) :whistling:

ALSO - i've been harassing this EBAY guy who is selling "the only CONE rear strut in australia" for sub $200's but he won't budge... so i reckon the rear support is out of the question.... unless u TOCAian's know of any other alternatives?? :toast:

Autobarn now stock the CAI that is on the Goose:

modcomponents-new.jpg

modspread-new2.jpg

@ autobarn 20-80 a piece depending on bits i think

Edited by RME1

The TRD Rear Sway bar has been installed: :toast:

Before:

2368301_75_full.jpg

After:

2368301_76_full.jpg

Differences:

- TRD sway bar is heaps thicker than the stock one (+/-23mm compared to the +/-15mm stock)

- The car handles "as one" ... i.e. less feeling of "The front & The Back"

- The indents of the TRD bar begins earlier (i.e. the kinked bit is longer)

- I shaat my pants when Dez (lil' bro) test drove The Goose

Many thanks to:

- Marcus (Korro) for making this whole thing happen :D

- Elias, Nick and his dad for providing the jack stands, breaker bar and mechanical know how

- BB's Garage (BangN) for providing mechanical know how

If i could do everything again, i'd go-

Front strut + rear sway

Lowered sports springs

Rims

Cai

Rotors

Coilovers

and then the rest of the rice bits :D

I'm not an expert, but i'm glad to help YO!

FTW :toast:

Edited by RME1

lol wooo nice sway bar i found it helps heaps with handling makes the rear really stiff!!! lol :lol:

funny thing though ur talking like uve won somthing at the emmy awards

i'd like to thank my

mum

dad

all the crew

LMAO!! :lol::lol::clap:

Next Project: Rex Wagon!

Budget: 15 - 17.5 k

Expected K's: 80-100 000 k

Mods: Front Strut/ Rear Sway ...Duck bov??

Expected Length of ownership: Till she dies

78633.jpg

Edited by RME1

• 3 weeks later...

See you all at GOR on Sunday. Frikkin' where is that East siders Premeet T_T:

2368301_77_full.jpg

2368301_78_full.jpg

2368301_78_full.jpg

2368301_89_full.jpg

Notice: ULTRAMAN POWER + 20kw :D (i show u, it glows in the dark too!!)

greygoose-315.jpg

Edited by RME1