How Much Do You Give Your Car

Hey all...

Just thought i would start a topic just to have some fun...

since i got this car it is hard not to just drive it like i am on a racing track and give it a bit lol...

how much of you actually thrashed ur sportivo on a constant basis or do you just do it every now and then...

Also how many of you actually put premium unleaded in your car... i always use BP unlimate in my car but do of any uz ignore and just use unleaded..

SPTIVO_LUVA

Edited by SPTIVO_LUVA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember the last time i was out of lift.......... ahahaha

no seriously... a lot less than i used to. driving in traffic a lot more lately, and also with the fuel price goin up and up, my lift has been reduced slightly... only slightly.... the CAI noise is too orgasmic to give up :lol:

I drive an auto conquest. i regularly make the trip up to around 6K.....won't go any further lol.

I've tried driving gently but it doesn't seem to make a difference in my fuel consumption. After installing the CAI, i've lost about 50km per tank.....i'm currently getting 400km to the tank (when the light goes on)........that is so bad. I should maybe take it to another mechanic

Cheers

P.S. i think i drive more gently with the CAI on though, it bloody noisy if you boot it past 4K

no seriously... a lot less than i used to. driving in traffic a lot more lately, and also with the fuel price goin up and up, my lift has been reduced slightly... only slightly.... the CAI noise is too orgasmic to give up :lol:

Bull$hit Micky - The only car in which I've ever suffered a lil' motion sickness = MT-085!!!

This guy will hit lift in a school zone 50 yards from a children's crossing... then jam on the stoppers so hard your breath fogs up the windscreen! Any opportunity Mick :P

Anyways I feed mine Vortex 98 'cos its like 2c/L more than Vortex Gold (95) and I'm not ever putting ULP in

I drive an auto conquest. i regularly make the trip up to around 6K.....won't go any further lol.

I've tried driving gently but it doesn't seem to make a difference in my fuel consumption. After installing the CAI, i've lost about 50km per tank.....i'm currently getting 400km to the tank (when the light goes on)........that is so bad. I should maybe take it to another mechanic

Cheers

P.S. i think i drive more gently with the CAI on though, it bloody noisy if you boot it past 4K

If you're losing fuel efficiency I would DEFINITELY get the car dynotuned. I had my V8 Commodore tuned on a dyno after adding CAI and I gained an extra 9kw's and 39k's to a tank. It depends how long the CAI has been on, sometimes it takes a couple of tank fulls for the ecu to adjust to the extra airflow.

Just my own experiences, if it helps then good.

If you're losing fuel efficiency I would DEFINITELY get the car dynotuned. I had my V8 Commodore tuned on a dyno after adding CAI and I gained an extra 9kw's and 39k's to a tank. It depends how long the CAI has been on, sometimes it takes a couple of tank fulls for the ecu to adjust to the extra airflow.

Just my own experiences, if it helps then good.

You can't dynotune a stock ECU'd corolla. What exactly would they adjust???

If you have a unichip, emanage, SAFC, powerfc etc then you can, but otherwise a "dyno tune" is a complete waste of time.

When you have this car you just wish for red lights. Then bang lift in first touch it in 2nd then a cruise to the next red light.

Those people behind must be thinking What the F has that Corolla got in it.

I'm fully hooked so I can never go back to a family car again (that will now always be the wife's car) and maybe MP3 or something in the future when the school fees are gone.

Oh no he crys that means the Rolla will be around for a few more years (lucky the affair is still good - don't tell the wife it would be a hard choice between the two).

When you have this car you just wish for red lights. Then bang lift in first touch it in 2nd then a cruise to the next red light.

Those people behind must be thinking What the F has that Corolla got in it.

haha thats what i did last night, hit lift about 10 times, and IT WAS FUN!

i use shell optimax and sometime use the 100ron thing from shell

i had to buy a new engine....nuff said :D

LMFAO :D :D :D

I figure, if it weren't supposed to be used, they wouldn't have put it in the car.... and if it were supposed to be used sparingly, then it would have to do something silly like spool up or something....

Cheers

thats petty low hey 400kms i get about 600 on a full tank of premium but mines stock

i dont thrash my car as it doesnt feel like a sports car to me and i bought it due to its cheap price and i wanted something reliable.when i do hit lift aprox 5 times a week it feels great but im used to bikes and so all cars feel slow to me but i do have a few friends that are mechanics and they rekon if you drive a car too slow it will get sluggish so you gotta open up the injectors now and then thats what ive been told and i believe it my mums second car the camry doesnt know what its like to go past 4000 thanks to my mum ****ting herself when driving and now it takes off like a tangara

Bull$hit Micky - The only car in which I've ever suffered a lil' motion sickness = MT-085!!!

This guy will hit lift in a school zone 50 yards from a children's crossing... then jam on the stoppers so hard your breath fogs up the windscreen! Any opportunity Mick :P

Anyways I feed mine Vortex 98 'cos its like 2c/L more than Vortex Gold (95) and I'm not ever putting ULP in

lmfao

you funny mo fo's hahaha

Edited by bADbOYz