CES Dyno Day Results

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics...nice. Looks like you all had fun, good stuff ;)

I want to set a standard too Brennden, that's why I'm going to be the first to sing 'Zero' by The Smashing Pumpkins while doing a 1/4 mile time lol.

PS: Northy have you lost weight??? Seriously?? Respect man, respect.

I see I'm not the only one who painted everything that can be unbolted in 5 minutes from the engine bay... looks sweet Bren :D

good to see that even though Craig is no longer around, someone still managed to wear a bright green shirt :P

webp1010482uf0.jpg

And Azza you gotta tell me how you get the wax off between bits in the sportivo badge... I have 5 weeks to Toyota Fest ;)

I see I'm not the only one who painted everything that can be unbolted in 5 minutes from the engine bay... looks sweet Bren :D

good to see that even though Craig is no longer around, someone still managed to wear a bright green shirt :P

webp1010482uf0.jpg

And Azza you gotta tell me how you get the wax off between bits in the sportivo badge... I have 5 weeks to Toyota Fest ;)

mmm, do I keep this a secret :P - Whats it worth to ya Dyl....???? :D

bro just wax around the badge yO, im sure its as simple and easy as that...

unless azza has sum other cheeky way of doing things lol

It was actually easy. When I polished, I polished over everything, then after I buffed it off, I ised a REALLY SOFT toothbrush to brush away the polish residue from around all the crooks & Nanny's...

webp1010482uf0.jpg

mmm, do I keep this a secret :P - Whats it worth to ya Dyl....???? :D

bro just wax around the badge yO, im sure its as simple and easy as that...

unless azza has sum other cheeky way of doing things lol

It was actually easy. When I polished, I polished over everything, then after I buffed it off, I ised a REALLY SOFT toothbrush to brush away the polish residue from around all the crooks & Nanny's...

Crooks and nanny's????? azza put down Xoom's peace pipe before you post!! and stop giving away all my trade secrets :P

That's a good result from the Mini, the John Cooper Works option is obviously worth the spend, - what was it's torque curve like? Linear?

Although the CES dyno doesnt show a torque curve, Todd has taken me for a spin in this thing and the torque is phenomenal (240nm I think is the figure). Power curve is very linear.

This thing will eat a stock sportivo for breakfast (ie: about 4 carlengths off the mark till I hit lift and the gap didnt increase all that much from there, seemed like I had to wait forever for lift :ph34r: )