Track day crash

I had exactly that happen to me at the last Wakefield Park day I went to. It was wet in the morning and I just aquaplaned off at the turn 1 kink. Luckilly there is heaps of run off at Wakefield and I didn't hurt anything other then the grass.

thats a scary one.. wonder what he did, probably pinched the rear brakes. Never want to be in this sort of situation.

It just aquaplaned Zee... he needs better tyres

he hit that at pritty high speed like when he tried breaking it would of locked and slide and breaking from there on would of been useless. i remember when i used to go go-karting in the rain it was so easy to get one of those things to spin but you would not want that in a car

i remember when i used to go go-karting in the rain it was so easy to get one of those things to spin but you would not want that in a car

I used to go kart often also, once 3 mates and myself went out in heavy rain with slicks on, it was raining so heavily that once you got up to speed the rain felt like little rocks hitting your face. It was the only time i have been able to pull of a 720 spin down the straight at about 60km/h and keep going!!! that was in WA down Henderson/Kwinana way in 2001, fond memories.

BTW SPTIVO_LUVA, cool avatar...Aphex Twin makes my brain bubble :D

he didn't go in too hot at all... it was just a kink, not a corner. There are guys standing in the middle of the track up the alternative road (that looks like a corner) so I doubt that section was open.

He simply was acuaplaning and tryed to turn, found there was no grip on the front, tryed to turn more, suddenly the tyres grip a little and around you go. It's all too common. Add to that a little lift off oversteer too.

He was just damn unlucky with the position of the barrier. But more lucky that he just glanced it and bounced off then hit it direct.

how bout these ones fellas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVzdsJ_vIc...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uhqmOsjwiw...ted&search=

the 2nd car on the 2nd video, the white evo, i know both people inside it. they're both still alive which is awesome and amazing. cant remember too much about the camera man but...