Hard to shift gears whilst in LIFT

FAT-911

I agree take it back to toyota and ask for a clutch adjustment. Do not take no for an answer. Give them the finger and then say you will take em to court. The adjustment will fix it. After you pick it up they will say they didnt find anything wrong with it, then you take it for a drive and you'll be like what the hell, its like a new car now. I think its their way of fixing the car without admitting fault and a re-call.

Just do not take no for an answer and do not let them give you the run around.

hope ur car is still under warranty

clutch adjustment needs to be done.. 90% of 03 model corolla sportivos had that problem.

my car is JUST out of warranty, (03 stivo) and i think i need the clutch adjustment done as well as sometimes when i hit lift i hear a rattle / vibration from the gear box area.

Can ones normal mechanic do the job? (can they find out the info from Toyota?) - if your out of warranty, what would it cost to get the adjustment done?

clutch adjustment needs to be done.. 90% of 03 model corolla sportivos had that problem.

my car is JUST out of warranty, (03 stivo) and i think i need the clutch adjustment done as well as sometimes when i hit lift i hear a rattle / vibration from the gear box area.

Can ones normal mechanic do the job? (can they find out the info from Toyota?) - if your out of warranty, what would it cost to get the adjustment done?

that noise will be your gear selectors :)

clutch adjustment can b done at any mechanic.. but if u have warranty than do it at toyota (FREE) =)

The cost without warranty im unsure... but i think its like $50-100 for them to inspect the problem.

Like the topic says, when I'm in LIFT (Very often) it seems as if it is really hard to change gears, anyone else experience this, is there a fix for this situation?

TIA for any help.

Cheers.

What year Corolla do you have?

clutch adjustment can b done at any mechanic.. but if u have warranty than do it at toyota (FREE) =)

The cost without warranty im unsure... but i think its like $50-100 for them to inspect the problem.

um...... I think it's more than that. last time they did it for me, they took a whole day and they mentioned about taking the whole console off to be able to get to the cable. I would say it's about 4~8 hours of work

you dont need to touch the cables to adjust the clutch, that's done up under the dash at the clutch master cylinder rod. The toyota tech's dont like adjusting it as it's literally a pain in the neck to get at.

um...... I think it's more than that. last time they did it for me, they took a whole day and they mentioned about taking the whole console off to be able to get to the cable. I would say it's about 4~8 hours of work

no its not true, its 60 bucks and it should only take about 1and half hour, i paid for mine so i know

the clutch adjustment literaly takes no more than 20 mins if the person doing it knows what they are doing and has done it before ....

I think what daniel (kt_haha) was refering to is the gear selector cables replacement .... yes that will take 1/2 - day depending on whether u want toyota to rush and scratch all ur console finish or take their time and not wreck anything and put it all together again with no new rattles <_< <_< <_< <_<

Like the topic says, when I'm in LIFT (Very often) it seems as if it is really hard to change gears, anyone else experience this, is there a fix for this situation?

TIA for any help.

Cheers.

I had the gearbox oil changed in mine which fixed the problem...

Every service I have had on my car (10K, 20K, 30K and 40K) I have pointed out the selector cable problem, and every service they tell me there has been a newer version of the cables released and that they have fixed the problems and every service it is worse than the time before.

Personally, I dont believe that the selector cables are the issue with the noise, I think that there is more to it than that, but nowbody has found it yet.

well the clutch plate doesn't last forever... So minimal adjusting is required when it starts to drag at high rpm shifts. This is one of the reasons I promote people learning how to do minor servicing on their cars.

From memory someone posted the clutch adjustment guide previously

Yip go the clutch adjustment, fixed my issue 100% (changing in lift).

Fist time they did not do it right... still had issues, Toyota ended up changing syncros, gears (in the gearbox), clutch kit.... eventualy took the car to SouthSide Gabba (Brisbane) and they redid the clutch adjustment and it has been working 100% since then.

Also make sure Toyota does not charge you for it, I have heard of some people getting charged to get this done... Simply tell them it is a knowen program as per Toyota's tech note or what ever they call it. "http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2676"

I got the 2005 Face lift version of the Stivo and the clutch adjustment had not been done in the factory, you would think they would have fixed this up seeming as Toyota found the issue in 2004/2005 I belive.

Any way.. just make sure you get it done right... I know that South Side Gabba can do it well so if you are in Brissie maby give them a call see how long it will take them do get it done :-)

Good luck :-)

Fudge