My New Ride :)

GReddy_ES

Hey All..

Updates on the mods..

-HKS BOV...sounds really good..pphhhssssttttt

-Boost gauge..pretty pleased to say that the car's running on 7psi...so shld be good when the exhaust goes up..

-i can see clearly..the road ahead..haha

Updated Pics of my new ride..2001 Corolla Sportivo Turbo

My Sportivo

Cheers

Edited by GReddy_ES

nice man... keep it as stock as possibe, these things are becoming rare as hens teeth ;)

yeah i'm trying to..just the few add on that i intend to put on from my previous ride..:)

they faster than the 2zzs???

i wish it was hahaa but its good enough for me :)

Edited by GReddy_ES

I've already done some reading with regards to the 7afte. Any chance that this baby could handle some slightly higher boost pressure (around say 12psi)?? This 7afte is a very limited run only for the Oz market, nowhere else if IIRC. Coming from the newcelica forums, receiving alot of mixed comments as to how much the stock motor can handle. Hope you can shed some light on this topic.

I've already done some reading with regards to the 7afte. Any chance that this baby could handle some slightly higher boost pressure (around say 12psi)?? This 7afte is a very limited run only for the Oz market, nowhere else if IIRC. Coming from the newcelica forums, receiving alot of mixed comments as to how much the stock motor can handle. Hope you can shed some light on this topic.

well like u've read..i don't think that the engine will be able to take that much as well..i'm quite contented with the power its putting right now...if u're looking for more power..u wouldn't buy this car..:)

its just a great car to drive around..with just the right amount of power..

Hey brother that's very nice, I've never actually heard of anybody owning one, I just read about them in magazines when they came out!

Oh by the way, once you've upgraded your wheels, if you're looking for someone to buy those 15"s that you have on at the moment (I think Toyota call them "Corsa"), come straight to me. My ZZE122 had 3 of those wheels on it when I bought it... I want 1 more lol. Neal Bates bought ALL of the ones Canberra Toyota had in stock for his test cars so I can't even get my hands on one lol.

Nice work... We've both upgraded to twin headlights :P :P :P ...

hahaa..yeah..been wanting that extra power in our AE112 hehehe

Hey brother that's very nice, I've never actually heard of anybody owning one, I just read about them in magazines when they came out!

Oh by the way, once you've upgraded your wheels, if you're looking for someone to buy those 15"s that you have on at the moment (I think Toyota call them "Corsa"), come straight to me. My ZZE122 had 3 of those wheels on it when I bought it... I want 1 more lol. Neal Bates bought ALL of the ones Canberra Toyota had in stock for his test cars so I can't even get my hands on one lol.

hey thanks for the comments..but i dun think the rims will be making its way to NSW..i'm trading them in to the tyre shop when i get my tyres :)

Edited by GReddy_ES

Nice . Looks really good.

From the photos looks in really good condition. Was it owned by a little old lady who looked after it and only drove to church :D

How many klm's does it have on it and what $ do these things go for now (that's if you could find one).

Hey nice rdie Greddy!! Is this a 'Till death do us part' car? LOL :P She's looking good, and i'm sure with your talented modding skills, she can look even better!!

haha..thanks Jules..yeah probably "till death us part" (touch wood) until i've got enough savings to upgrade again..but its good enough for now.. hehe...i hope she'll look much better than how the previous owner did..basically nothing..haha..first facelift shld be end of this week ;)

nice work on your ride :)

if $$$ wasn't a thought... anything goes :)

hahaa..problem is..there isn't enough $$$ to go around..thats why i'm trying head to el'cheapo style..:)

Nice . Looks really good.

From the photos looks in really good condition. Was it owned by a little old lady who looked after it and only drove to church :D

How many klm's does it have on it and what $ do these things go for now (that's if you could find one).

actually..it was owned by a middle-aged guy who's going overseas to work..thats why he was selling it..he takes the bus to work..so its got pretty low kms on the car..its 67+++kms on the clock at the moment which i think is very low considering a 2001 model.And prior to that,it was owned by a collector of some sort according to the previous owner..some old dude who collects turbo cars..must be a very rich old man!!as for the price..i got it at the 15+++ mark..i think its quite a gd price..:)

Edited by GReddy_ES

Given the opportunity which corolla sportivo would you get? I was juggling between this one and the turbo one, mainly cause I think the turbo one would be easier to drive. Low down torque from the turbo to get this baby moving. I'm going to look at the newer sportivo today, hopefully it matches what i'm looking for.

Cheers

Given the opportunity which corolla sportivo would you get? I was juggling between this one and the turbo one, mainly cause I think the turbo one would be easier to drive. Low down torque from the turbo to get this baby moving. I'm going to look at the newer sportivo today, hopefully it matches what i'm looking for.

Cheers

i'm pretty sure the newer model sportivo is a better drive and has greater power..given the choice..(if i've got the money..of cos the newer model would be sweet)..but..being on a budget..and preferring the flatter body...i got myself the AE112..:)

how much did you pay? as my mate is selling his one too

Hey All..

got my new car yesterday..had it cleaned up and debadged..not much done to it yet..just the small items that were put back on from the old car..

-Rear mud flaps removed

-Shadow chrome side indicators

-Pivot Ignition Stabiliser

-Strut bar

-Tom's radiator cap

gonna do the air intake pipe with an Apexi pod tmr..the current setup is way too long..and lowering springs and 15"Advan RG replica(that was initially meant for the previous AE112) on friday..hehee..can't wait..

the car drives very well..loved it the moment i test drove it..exactly wad my previous AE112 Levin was lacking..that extra bit of power..love the TRD clutch and that spoiler riser that i've always wanted on my previous car..and best of all..got a good deal on the price..:) as they say.."a good buy is a must buy"!!!

will update later in the week with the new upgrades :)

Also..just wondering..what are ur thoughts on the color scheme for the engine bay?what do u think would be appropriate for the Rocker cover that would go well with the orangey-gold hue of the body?i've kinda have in mind what color to do it..but just looking for more options :)

cheers

Great ride mate.. :)

thanks mate..its a great drive..but i would love to get a hold of the clear grille and eyelids :D

how much did you pay? as my mate is selling his one too

i got it at $15+++

Edited by GReddy_ES