TRD intakes installed

VVTLiR

Helped Specialized Intall it tonight. Took about an hour a car.

Everything fit in perfectly.

Came with all the necessary brackets and extras we didn't use.

We discoved that you can fit the TRD filter in with the fog light still in on the facelift.

Basicly take off the foglight off, shove up the intake, then intall the foglight back on. It a tight fit but the bottom of the filter (plastic bit) touches the foglight, so I'll just use the foggies when I need them.

The cars started up straight away and sounded just like stock.

Took them for a spin, and there was no loss in response, actually felt better than stock.

Once warmed up we gave them a thrashing, and WOW!!. There is a noticable power increase and sound is incredible.

I cant belive how well it idles now. With the stock box my car idled like s.h.i.t. Now its so smooth.

My Rating 10 out 10!!!!!!!

Edited by VVTLiR

Specialized32 and I got our TRD intakes today and intalled them tonight. Took about an hour a car.

Everything fit in perfectly.

Came with all the necessary brackets and extras we didn't use.

We discoved that you can fit the TRD filter in with the fog light still in on the facelift.

Basicly take off the foglight off, shove up the intake, then intall the foglight back on. It a tight fit but the bottom of the filter (plastic bit) touches the foglight, so I'll just use the foggies when I need them.

The cars started up straight away and sounded just like stock.

Took them for a spin, and there was no loss in response, actually felt better than stock.

Once warmed up we gave them a thrashing, and WOW!!. There is a noticable power increase and sound is incredible.

I cant belive how well it idles now. With the stock box my car idled like s.h.i.t. Now its so smooth.

My Rating 10 out 10!!!!!!!

So the intake helped smooth the rough idle??

Sometimes I'll be sitting at the lights (in neutral) and the engine will produce a slight shake - the same shake that happens when you're about to stall or when the engine is shut off. I just thought the idle must be set too low but perhaps I should investigate some other things...

Cool beans about your CAI's, they sound great :)

So the intake helped smooth the rough idle??

Sometimes I'll be sitting at the lights (in neutral) and the engine will produce a slight shake - the same shake that happens when you're about to stall or when the engine is shut off. I just thought the idle must be set too low but perhaps I should investigate some other things...

Cool beans about your CAI's, they sound great :)

Mine does the same too occassionally, runs fine, I'm not half sure that there may not be enough fuel getting in (a quick rev fixes it) but it runs fine otherwise, so I'm not stressing about it.

that looks really good and effective ,just a question i had a gpx fto and got a guy i knew to make me a custom cold air intake but when he put it on he didnt use that electrical stuff that goes onto the stock air intake ,does it make a difference and what is that thing for?

that looks really good and effective ,just a question i had a gpx fto and got a guy i knew to make me a custom cold air intake but when he put it on he didnt use that electrical stuff that goes onto the stock air intake ,does it make a difference and what is that thing for?

I think its a vacume line that operates the flap to the back to the standard airbox. You dont need to connect it, just unplug it and block the vacume line. Doubt it will make a difference, its just use less now so no need to connect.

I think its a vacume line that operates the flap to the back to the standard airbox. You dont need to connect it, just unplug it and block the vacume line. Doubt it will make a difference, its just use less now so no need to connect.

thanx mate ,i noticed the guy with the trd intake has it connected aswell .wouldnt mind one of those it made my old fto sound and go alot better