C-one style Cooling Panelz

guys with prefacelift corollas check out the group buy section!

not sure if people realise it, but this group buy isnt dead yet.

c-one style radiator cooling panelz only $80 each (not including postage)

we need a couple more people to make another run for the group buy!

if you want more detailz - check the group buy section

thankz

jase

Edited by JJCRU23R

should have made some for facelift models then id by one straight away :(

well c-one only made a prefacelift cooling panel which was used as the template for the cooling panelz we are now ordering.

the only other option is to make one DIY :P

ive seen it done... on howtochannel on foxtel hahaha!

if i didnt already chip in for this group buy then i would have done that.

the front end chassis is the same for sedan/hatch/wagon. cooling panels are designed to focus air flow from the front grill onto the radiator. typically made of alumunium and installation is just bolts.

What would the cooling panel do for say an Auto 1ZZ-FE? does the fitting differ from Sedan to Hatchback aswell?

ive only got a conquest... but it wouldnt matter if its sportivo or not. i got manual trans but the transmission wouldnt matter anyway?!

as long as your rolla isnt the current facelift corolla,it will fit!

if you want 2 see what it looks like installed... CHECK THE THREAD IN THE GROUP BUY SECTION

Edited by JJCRU23R

Any additional cooler air blowing onto the radiator is going to benifit the overall response of the car. Is it going to give you kW at the wheels....I doubt it....will it help your car stay at a relatively good operational temparture...yes...

As mentioned, it will fit on any prefacelift Ascent/Conquest/Ultima.Levin/Sportivo hatch/wagon or sedan.....

just not facelift....

It also adds a little bling to your engine bay :yahoo:

should have made some for facelift models then id by one straight away :(

me too they look sick, but they are also easy to make lol its a peice of flat metal (I think this calls for a DIY job lol)

yes the DIY is flat metal... and thats how i was going to do it if it was DIY...

BUT... if you people only check the PICS in the GROUP BUY thread, you will see that the cooling panel has been bent into shape! lookz better than a flat piece of home made tin that we could knock up!

Have a look at this picture....

post-421-1164229511_thumb.jpg

If you can make those folds and cut that shape using your tools at home (or in your workshop if you have facilities) then knock yourself out...

I'll never say no to a good old fashion DIY session, however after holding one of these things in my hand, and seeing them up close, I can tell you that there is no way on this earth, I would have the ability of making one of these up (and I consider myself a fairly good handyman/DIYer)

For the messing around involved, I'd say it would be much simpler and easier to get onto the group buy at $80 or whatever it is....

cooling pannel does jack ****.. all it does is pretty up the engine bay , i've got both underbody and radiator one.. clearly theres no difference.. its not going to affect your engine temp considering air is being pushed in at the same rate when driving..

Sorry Dan, when I read your post, I couldnt help but think of the accent of Johnny Tran from Fast & The Furious....especially with your avatar pic... :P

When the idea behind the panel is to assist with airflow to the radiator, not the intake, I don't think it would make too much difference whether you have a CAI, SRI or the convaluted peice of polypipe called a stock intake, its assisting with keeping the radiator temperature cooler...

If used in conjunction with a sports grill (ie the TRD or Sportivo Accessory grill) then you will find that this is when you get optimum use out of it.

I can't see any benifit provided if most of your driving is to and from footy practice, but certainly at higher speeds on track days and drags you should find the car feeling free-er to drive....

When the idea behind the panel is to assist with airflow to the radiator, not the intake, I don't think it would make too much difference whether you have a CAI, SRI or the convaluted peice of polypipe called a stock intake, its assisting with keeping the radiator temperature cooler...

If used in conjunction with a sports grill (ie the TRD or Sportivo Accessory grill) then you will find that this is when you get optimum use out of it.

I can't see any benifit provided if most of your driving is to and from footy practice, but certainly at higher speeds on track days and drags you should find the car feeling free-er to drive....

Thanks Azza for clearing that up

But wont it assist in cooling the engine bay a little ? I guess thats the only reason why I would be interested.

I cant believe the panels can isolate the cooling to the radiator only with out cooling other parts.

But I dunno **** about it.

The panel itself assists with the direction of the airflow so when the air travels in through the grill, thee panel helps not let it flow upwards and over the radiator, rather down onto it...

The underbody panel IMO helps in 2 ways, one is that it acts like a giant ice brick. It is a large peice of metal getting cool air from under the car, therefore helping keep cool air under the engine. I also understand that it helps with air direction as well.

I myself cant see how it directs too much air though (the undercar one). Last year I helped Danthuyer fit his, and there wasnt much opening at the front of it....

Certainly the top panel will help though....

Cheers

Aaron

i thought the underneith panel was to stop things from hitting the engine underneith the car?

guess thats just 4wds ay?

That too i guess - The under body panel would also improve handling at high speeds as teh turbulent air underneith the car is actually being directed and kept under control ... i think

:toast: ...What do u think Danz?