What sub are you guys running?

1zzfewagon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im running a 12inch infinity kappa in a portered box sounds really good in bass nice and clear but i used to run a 10inch kick solar barick sub and i'll tell you on low bass it was going off....i recommend the solar barick sub any day...also peerless subs....one of the best on the market aswell but very pricey..

The mrp-m350 can output 200w @ 4ohm or 350w @ 2ohm right?

Are you running the 2ohm or the 4ohm Type-S sub?

Assuming you're running the 4-ohm version, you can add another of the same sub and wire them to 2ohm to gain an output of 350watts.

Throw those two 10 inches into a ported box and it should be more that enough for your average application needs.

all KICKER for me!

8" KICKER solobaric subwoofer in DIY fibreglass sealed box :)

4ohm dual voice coil

RMS power handling 300wattz

MAX power handling 600wattz

plus

KICKER ZX400.1 mono amp

max 400wattz

came with this convenient level switch so i can switch the bass down to 1 when my kid'z sleepin in the backseat -without getting out of the drivers seat, or putting the whole stereo down to a minimum. pretty sure most good amps have this too but dont think many people use it.

id alwayz recommend KICKER but its your car, so choose whatever suits your needz...

dont just get the biggest and loudest subz you can fit in your car.

2x 12" Type R's @ 2ohm with the MRD-1005 amp, 18mm fully sealed common enclosure. It's not not loud.

I'm surprised you're not happy with what you've got at the moment. A mate has 2x Type S's in his Civic and it's certainly not quiet (running off an MRD-605 I think). An upgrade to a Type R 12" with the MRD-605 would provide a lot of bang for sure, but there's heaps of other stuff out there, too. You just need to do your research. The thing is, if you're only after more noise, you'll need more power, so you'll need a new amp. Sure, you can port your current box and get some SPL gains there, but the quality of your bass will be crap (unless your ported box is professionally and painstakingly designed and made). Sealed boxes mean tight and punchy bass, and I'd rather that, and sacrifice outright SPL any day.

12" Boston Acoustics G2!!

Its on special at FHRX at the moment, get them while their cheap. Running off Jaycar amp brigded to 520wrms...although in reality you never use that much lol.

where abouts is FHRX...and what does that stand for?

12" Boston Acoustics G2!!

Its on special at FHRX at the moment, get them while their cheap. Running off Jaycar amp brigded to 520wrms...although in reality you never use that much lol.

yeah go boston i have boston speakers and sub in both my cars pure clarity and volume. if you have more $$ to spend than what your comercial brands go for eg: jb-hfi stock, then id recomend boston all the way, or if you want to get serious go eclipes (not sure if spelling is right)

May I suggest the IDQ10 or IDQ12 subs; they're around $300 or $400, and pack a massive punch. They only require a box of volume 19L or so, so not a massive amount of space is lost. Image Dynamics stuff is amazing.

JL Audio make very good subs, too. But ultimately it depends on your budget; Rainbow, Dynaudio, Diamond, Boston, ID are the prestige brands in sound. Orion also make some cracking good subs and amps; Autobarn has ben sotcking some of their stuff. I guess you could throw Alpine and JL in there too but they're a rung below the first four in my opinion.

12" Eclipse Sub... Goes great, I preferred it to the Alpines in it's class but as you might already know sound can be very subjective so I would recommend going to a few sounds shops and taking a listen to find what found you are after :D

Regards

Jonathan