What sub are you guys running?

1zzfewagon

It all comes down to budget. If you dont have much to spend then id recomend heading straight down to JB-HIFI and going the alpine's as they now stock it, and never pay the asking price as they will always take something off the price to make a sale. if your pockets are full then go to a specialized car audio shop and they should have some top end stuff to get your voice sounding funny. just remember its not loud till you can feel it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man if you didn't have much to spend go to Strathfield car radios and get a pioneer I think its 306C, 12" for around $130 I think. For that price its quite hard to beat.

When I went sub hunting I narrowed down to JL, Boston and ID (Image Dynamics??). But Boston was the go as I have Boston Front splits, and of course the subs themselves are outstanding.

Go to Car Audio Australia if you want to know more about car systems. There is heaps of info on that forum and Shiny knows heaps!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a kicker s12l7 solobaric in a small sealed box. Sound sbloody awsome

12 INCHEZ AY?!

nice one!

finally another kicker solobaric brother in here! :)

I love the kicker Ive owned it for like 5 years and I cant kill it. It sounds like I have atleast 2 ported 12inch subs into boot, but I only have 1 solbaric in a tiny sealed box, and have boot space to spare. Only downside is that weighs as much as 2 normal 12 inch subs (big mofo of a magnet).

I love the kicker Ive owned it for like 5 years and I cant kill it. It sounds like I have atleast 2 ported 12inch subs into boot, but I only have 1 solbaric in a tiny sealed box, and have boot space to spare. Only downside is that weighs as much as 2 normal 12 inch subs (big mofo of a magnet).

yea i was suprised how heavy my lil kicker weighed as well.

i built my custom fibreglass box without really considering weight distribution.... seems im going to have to bolt it down somehow to keep it from tipping over when i make a hard right.

its strange- you can order the aluminium grille for the 8inch solobaric in australia but you cant buy the actual sub?!?

i built my custom fibreglass box without really considering weight distribution.... seems im going to have to bolt it down somehow to keep it from tipping over when i make a hard right.

its strange- you can order the aluminium grille for the 8inch solobaric in australia but you cant buy the actual sub?!?

I bolt it down to the child seat restraints, I just made up some little brackets.

I could probably get you guys some good deals on car audio through Gold Coast Car Sound because i know the owner....only on Brisbane and Gold Coast though :P

hey mate

I'll be in touch :P

Need to re-wire the car very very soon. Been playing around with the setup.. and maybe even thinking about another amp :ph34r:

I've got 2x12" cadence ultradrive orange subs. Good SQ sub, still goes very loud. I'm selling these at the mo and getting 2x10" cadence beast subs. Mainly because I want to put them somewhere 12's won't fit :D, and they take a bit more power (500wrms for the beast, 350wrms for the orange, my amp is 2x560wrms) BTW i'm in Toowoomba if ur interested and can easily get them to Brisbane.

Edited by willwal98

you guys making me droolllll withyour subs :)

what about JL audio???

JL audio 12W3v2 D4

want to run a single so it doesn't take up to much space :whistling:

i have to audition your set up oneday guys...!!

these are good man .. i got the model below this one i think in a JL audio box > running on a cadence amp

packs a good punch and clean low bass lines

• 4 weeks later...

i was running a kicker 15" 300WATT off a alpine mono block 760WATT silly me it went pop just the other day

so i got a 15" 700WATT pioneer sub and this is in a ported box my mate had this same sub in a sealed box a phew months ago till it got jacked...

now that 15" sub had the cushion around the speaker somehow rip loose from the speaker :(

so now i have settled for Duel 12" Kicker 800WATT Subs in a ported box

Edited by bassposse

i have had and used a few subs, owned a few bostons, rally 10in, pro 12.4 and 10.5, had a treo in there and a couple of others.

my last sub is one of my fav's

Oz audio matrix elite 12in. had it running of a SS rubi502, 500wrms and the thing pumped. had 4kw going into it for a while too and for a sub that was rated at 750wrms it was a decent effort.

i have 6 subs goin into the lux, qmax 6.5in subs and will have around 3-4kw on tap for them

i have seen one of these put out 130db!! there damn impressive.

I'm running a 12" MTX audio Sub Thunder 6000 Series.... Running off a Alpine V12 MPR-350. Does the job fine as i'm not really into the bass and crap like that. I think i've spent enuff on audio. and i've got a pretty good setup as it is.

Oh and this is in an Accord Sedan not Hatchback which would give u more bass in the hatch! Sedan FTW :D

• 1 month later...

Going a 15" Type R in a custom built box that i pulled out of my boosted NXR before i sold it. Going in the rolla and probably run it off a jaycar 4 x 100rms for now. Thinking i might need one of those 700rms ones to do the job properly though!!! :P

Lance

get those subs labelled as "BOSS" and get the one that says 100000W max and like 100W rms.... ROFLMAO

na go for JL W3V2 or Kicker L7 or Image Dynamics IDMAX or Boston G5 or Alpine Type-X.... those are mostly aimed at SQ... n G OD are they nice

why is G OD cencored???

Edited by d_ice

I bolt it down to the child seat restraints, I just made up some little brackets.

DSCF1113.jpg

if you can figure out how to strap it down, please let me know :unsure:

2x Soundstream Van Gough Sub in a sealed box...running at 600w each =] heavy bass... + smooth too. SQ Subs.

here it is, fit perfectly in my Sportivo =]

rola5.jpg

SOUNDSTREAM FTW!

I'm running a 12" Picasso in a sealed box.

Why are they named after artists?

2x Soundstream Van Gough Sub in a sealed box...running at 600w each =] heavy bass... + smooth too. SQ Subs.

Why are they named after artists?

van gogh subs? - sound so good itll make ya wanna chop ya ear off :P eh.. dont laugh at that that joke was crap.

that is interesting ay? sounds like an attempt to make the product sound a bit more classy.. guess they can get away with it since these artists are long dead.. otherwise they would probebly have to deal with copywrite or trademark or something similar, taking someone elses name to make their own product more known...

when it comes to certain liquors like champagne and wine, the french kicked up a big stink over the word "champagne"... mariah carey suing mary carey for stealing her name.. theres been heaps of cases where trademark seemed to be stolen..

cadbury complaining bout darrel lea for using the same shade of purple on their packaging!?

what else was there..

• 1 month later...

the twin soundstream looks hot and damn it saves loads of space!!! lol and with the kicker on the side! i wish my sub took up that "MUCH" space :P

running an 13inch (odd size i know ;) like to be different) Focal 33V1..

quite happy with it :P but i wish i had twin sub :P coz my passenger feels the sub more then i do and i dont wanna put it in the middle coz its a waste of space.. leaving it on the right would just kill any chance of using the little comparment under the mat but yeh!

love the sub generally.. good sub but rather pricey

• 2 months later...

I have a 12" Pioneer running on a Pioneer amp. The sub is in a sealed box and sounds pretty good. Is there much of a difference in sound from a ported box to a sealed box? Most home audio systems have ported speakers and seem pretty smooth with bass. Does it make much of a difference in car audio?

• 1 month later...