Wheels car of the year

well in the end the topic is that the holden ve commodore is the wheels car of the year :)

Bingo. And the Yugo is the ultimate shagpoke mobile!

not really. the topic was to discuss whether it should have been the aurion. hence the valid discussion and debate between the two cars.

Edited by Mikey

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in the end the topic is that the holden ve commodore is the wheels car of the year :)

not really. the topic was to discuss whether it should have been the aurion. hence the valid discussion and debate between the two cars.

but im saying now then in the end VE is the best and the car of the year :toast:

but im saying now then in the end VE is the best and the car of the year :toast:

according to wheels ;)

Westside is de best...Eastside is de best...

Beer kills braincells...

John Howard is a rare breed of extinct galapagos monkey...

'Wheels' found the VE to be the Car of the Year, however Steve, they wouldn't really have handed it out to just anyone. I mean, I have some hope that it 'really' is a good car (contrary to what my mate who works on the assembly line told me) as my family has been associated with Holdens for yonks.

I still think the Yugo takes it hands down though :

Beleive it son (as i owned it for a considerable time), I still have the car until the end of this weekend if you want to go for a spin and see for yourself. Melbournians have already seen it and some have been in it. My opinion is that most reviews are full of sh1at

The NRMA reviews are prity decent, and the figures you mentioned are more like what V6's get... Im still reserved on that one.

Again, beleive it son, being a cabby for over 5 years and my father for over 30, Fords are more reliable (sort of); else why arn't all cabs Holden's or Toyota's?

I said in another reply:

"Explain how? Taxi companies have been using Holdens and Fords for as long as I can remember.... are you telling me they have all been reliable models? Last time I checked, they aernt exactly known for reliability, Toyotas are though. The point? You can hardly say because Taxi's use them they are reliable! I would say that other factors such as larger occupant space, larger dissplacement engines (more pulling power under load) and image (Australian cars) have a larger impact then the reliablity of Fords and Holdens, or lack there of it"

And lol its well known the reliability of Toyotas, thats the first time Ive heard Fords are reliable!!! Im sure Cabbies get decent mileage out of the cars, they aernt subjected to short trips or constant turning off and restarting, where the most damage in engines occur etc and lol from my limited experience with them at night they dont have to stop and start in traffic, so those particular vehicles get a good life!!

Edited by aussie_camry

[Post Removed]

I have had enough arguring with mindless morons that don't have a clue about cars, and only know of badges and bling.

Aw nah come back mate.

Well there goes one. Who will be next to kick the bucket? I love these threads.

[Post Removed]

I have had enough arguring with mindless morons that don't have a clue about cars, and only know of badges and bling.

Im assuming it was directed at me? M8 Im not about badges and bling.... Im about which car is better. The Aurion > The VE. You have one car that has DOHC's and dual VVTi and another which until the turn of the century was still using prehistoric pushrod. You have one car that sources decent parts and another which gets them from Korea n co. You have one car that comes with a state of the art 6 speed trans (same as lexus use) and another with a prehistoric 4 speed trans. You have one car which has had 0 recalls (to my knowledge?) and another car which has had 2 in 6months. You have one which comes with the basic features you need such as A/C and you have another which dooesnt. You have one manufacterer who is widely known as being reliable and another which is know for the exact opposite reasons. You have a manufacter who knows they have a good product and lets consumers decide and you have another who has to use a rigorous marketing campaign with crappy unjustified quotes and a 'making of' series to convince people they have finally built a car worth something. etc

It wouldnt take Einstein to work out which car is which in the above and which is the better car ;)

Edited by aussie_camry

Well, Toyota is heading to better interior I believe. So I don't think they will always be conservative. Do you guys know Toyota ist? A funkier echo, known as Scion Xa in USA. They're pretty cool inside. My cousin got one in Indonesia, and I enjoy driving that little funky car.

Of course, Aurion/Camry is segmented to mature audience, so I believe there should be something more, well, creative in design. Hey look at the new Toyota Corolla interior, how cool is that? :)

i dont get it omnipotent, why remove your posts for? just say you cbf arguing anymore if u dun wanna. dont get mad dude, sall good.

Exactly. Hell Steve and I even argue all the time...AND WE DO IT FOR FUN!

Shtop looking at me shwan.

[Post Removed]

Im assuming it was directed at me? M8 Im not about badges and bling.... Im about which car is better. The Aurion > The VE. You have one car that has DOHC's and dual VVTi and another which until the turn of the century was still using prehistoric pushrod. You have one car that sources decent parts and another which gets them from Korea n co. You have one car that comes with a state of the art 6 speed trans (same as lexus use) and another with a prehistoric 4 speed trans. You have one car which has had 0 recalls (to my knowledge?) and another car which has had 2 in 6months. You have one which comes with the basic features you need such as A/C and you have another which dooesnt. You have one manufacterer who is widely known as being reliable and another which is know for the exact opposite reasons. You have a manufacter who knows they have a good product and lets consumers decide and you have another who has to use a rigorous marketing campaign with crappy unjustified quotes and a 'making of' series to convince people they have finally built a car worth something. etc

It wouldnt take Einstein to work out which car is which in the above and which is the better car ;)

blah blah blah u win geez get over it now

i dont get it omnipotent, why remove your posts for? just say you cbf arguing anymore if u dun wanna. dont get mad dude, sall good.

Exactly. Hell Steve and I even argue all the time...AND WE DO IT FOR FUN!

Shtop looking at me shwan.

:lol: :) his right his got my rims the MOFO! LOL i drove them down to him the MOFO! :lol: :P

Ummmm its not about winning, its a discussion about the VE vs Aurion. Im entitled to give my opinion, and defend the Aurion abit (Early days of this thread were just praising the VE)... there are always two sides to the story.

Edited by aussie_camry

[Post Removed]

Win-Retard_Prize.jpg

[Post Removed]

Win-Retard_Prize.jpg

AHAHAHAH ROFLMAO!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ummmm its not about winning, its a discussion about the VE vs Aurion. Im entitled to give my opinion, and defend the Aurion abit (Early days of this thread were just praising the VE)... there are always two sides to the story.

yerh and im saying u WON!!

GEEEZ

Lol well now this is going off topic.... compared to the useful discussion that was occuring before.

yerh thats how we roll in the forum the mods are sleeping at this time they dont do s**t anyway LOL :P

No no they do their job ay seriously. They like to sit back and laugh at everything before killing it off though. The scary thing is I knew from the start that this thread would go up in flames. What's not so scary is that I'm once again involved in one lol