Wheels car of the year

Aurion piped at the post by the much anticipated Commodore. What are your thoughts? Does long term reliability count. Odes resale value count? Does doing the job it was intended for mean anything. I am biased as old Camry’s always seem to work better than larger motored falcadores of yesteryear with their let-me think- a while before I change gearboxzzzes.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aurion piped at the post by the much anticipated Commodore. What are your thoughts? Does long term reliability count. Odes resale value count? Does doing the job it was intended for mean anything. I am biased as old Camry’s always seem to work better than larger motored falcadores of yesteryear with their let-me think- a while before I change gearboxzzzes.

Disgraceful, :angry: whilst I was born a blue oval man the Aurion is a superb vehicle with a brilliant engine, the finish and features are fantastic. Even die hard Ford V8 friends have admitted that the Aurion deserved the award for it's all round package.

My friend in Adelaide works in the Holden Factory there and actually 'makes' these things. Even he was suprised (and doesn't really give two hoots about holdens rofl).

Remember guys, it's 'Wheels' we're talking about. They shift with something else besides the gear stick. He said he wouldn't be suprised to find a large surge of money going into Wheels magazine from Holden lol.

We all know the Aurion is better ;) People know and they aren't stupid, the sales figures of the Aurion will go through the roof still I reckon :D

I was watching a docco on a rundown of the cars put forward for assessment by Motor Mag, and the tester doody was saying how impressive the Aurion was compared to others in it's class, going so far as to say that there wasn't much to talk about - if you have the money and want that class of car, the Aurion can't be matched. I can't remember where and when I saw it - anyone else find this familiar?

Or did I simply dream it... (they unstrap me to watch tv...)

A friend of mine in an engineer and worked on the development of Aurion, upon completion of Aurion he left Toyota for Holden and he admits that the VE is overall a better product.

If it were up to me I would choose the VE over the Aurion without blinking.

I was watching a docco on a rundown of the cars put forward for assessment by Motor Mag, and the tester doody was saying how impressive the Aurion was compared to others in it's class, going so far as to say that there wasn't much to talk about - if you have the money and want that class of car, the Aurion can't be matched. I can't remember where and when I saw it - anyone else find this familiar?

Or did I simply dream it... (they unstrap me to watch tv...)

Australia's Best Car (from major car clubs over Oz) voted the Aurion as best all rounder for the Large car class

Wheels (Jan 07 issue) did the reverse - 1) BF II XR6, 2) VE SV6, 3) 380 VRX, 4) Aurion ZR6 (what a surprise!!!)

Motor hasn't done one yet..., but have reviewed the ZR6...

Drive.com.au has voted the Aurion ZR6 over both the BF II XR6 and the VE SV6 (this is a surprise)

However, this person at another site has compared all the base models and it is an interesting read!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29821

i was driving in sunshine heading to the city and one of those brand spanking new SS's came out of the holden dealership, it was clearly noticeable he was feathering his new car. Anywayz we both headed in the same direction via dynon road, as soon as it changed to spencer st the dude was revving it and all that holden hoon stuff. By the time the lights went green all you could hear was the crankling of the destroyed new gear box. toyota corolla :toast: off the line.

different cars for different market segments really.

to be fair, we should compare a 6cyc to a 6cyc. the atx base model aurion and omega isnt that much difference in price.

to be honest, i have driven the aurion. we hired an at-x aurion to drive to adelaide last week and all i can say is it is a brilliant car in almost every aspect i can think of. its no wonder so many reviewers rate it as #1. for a car that big, it felt easier and better to drive than my stivo. fuel economy is absolutely great! we got something like 7.9/100kms! i was stoked. and believe me, we werent granny driving either. i wasnt impressed with the look so much (obviously aimed at older drivers), but the zr6 sportivo looks great. they didnt have that at the car hire place though. thumbs up for the aurion!

i havent driven the new ve commodore so i cant comment about that...yet, but ive heard it was built from scratch... and the ve ss looks awesome.

of course TOYOTA AURIONS THE BEST you guys are on a toyota forum u think if u were on a holden forum they would say the aurion is better of course not i personally reckon that the holden VE is the one to go and wheels magazine made the right choice my first car WAS a holden VL LOL but yer man seeing both on the road already the VE HSV CLUBSPORT is a animal man >.< next to the aurion the aurion looks lyk a normal car LOL but thats me :)

I said it before and I'll say it again:

"shampoo ish bedda"

wat do u mean rob?? lol i dont get ya

im watching the holden ve million doller baby atm on channel 9 and its awsome the amount of money and testing done on this is crazy they froze it to -40c and its still tank lol and every other thing about it is CRAZY >< i want one!!! :D

i would take an ve ssv over the na aurion anyday, it looks better and its rwd, but wheels/motor really do like holdens, for some reason, they reckon the ve luxury model(cant remember the name:)) is better than the bmw 5 series and benz at the same class, they even say they would take the ve over the bmw and benz even if it was the same price.

i would take an ve ssv over the na aurion anyday, it looks better and its rwd, but wheels/motor really do like holdens, for some reason, they reckon the ve luxury model(cant remember the name:)) is better than the bmw 5 series and benz at the same class, they even say they would take the ve over the bmw and benz even if it was the same price.

Now I aint saying this to be biast to Toyota or Ford etc (my family and *** parents also race Torana's and are big Holden/Chev people), but I seriously think the reason Wheels love Holden so much is due to a very very special relationship between them...strings attached.