New Kluger

CAP

One more thing before I fall off my soap box :spiteful: With the popularity of the Kluger,SURELY we deserve our own Forum heading.If the mighty Camry,Prius and even the bloody Tarago have individual categories,we can lose the other riff raff and stand tall and proud on our own :toast: What do ya reckon,give us a go !!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, welcome to the board!

if every model has a category of its own, it would be chockers in here... i'm guessing the mods would have thought about this already. Look at the replies number and you'll see... heck I would love to see the avalon separate from the aurion... but I guess it's classed differently

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome Kaos...

I have PMed the moderator about this.

But anyhow, in the meantime we can get all the heading in our thread [Kluger] or have the word Kluger in the title, so people will click on it.

Edited by takahashi

welcome to tocau kaos!!!

i totally agree with you. and i have this topic already covered in our moderators room.

not sure when you did join but as of october last year there was no kluger category at all. it was only under toyota 4x4. but i pushed for it so mr admin had it changed :D

i will see though how we go once most peoples orders start coming in and i might push for our own again as i don't see my car as a 4x4 at all.

and i do feel left out a bit having the 04 and not the new shaped one :(

maybe we can even have our own kluger event days and cruises. but that if anyone in sydney is up to it??

...................oh and mr kaos we are all not gentlemen here. my name is michelle and im most definately a chickie the red car below is mark's toy :P :lol:

Please accept my apologies M_M, I didn't mean to dis your girliness or that of any other of our finer halves that may be members\browsing these grand pages. :blush: I have been browsing these pages for several months as a guest but didn't want to join until I had signed on the dotted line for a new Kluger. I joined the Ford Forums in 2005 as I was determined to puchase a Territory, than I wanted to wait for the Turbo version, so I watched and waited with glee for the right time to buy my TT Ghia and than the new Kluger came along and blew the Territory off the map :lol: . Although the Kluger is down on power, it is greatly superior in every other way and hopefully I can graft the TRD's blower on to it to even that score up as well :spiteful:

As for day trips, the other forum organise these several times a year in each capital city for anyone who wants to come along. If any member wants to go for a trip, they advertise the destination in a new thread, give a date, meeting place and time and Shazzam..."Road Trip" If only one person turns up, you were going there anyway. Two's company but more than that....well....youv'e got yourself a convoy.. :yahoo: You can count me in on as many of these as I am able to go on and I don't think I would be the only one with these desires. All I have to do first is get my damn car !!!

Guess what, my membership number is early one not because I am a toll :unsure: .

I used to own a 99' Camry V6, so I used to drive the old V6 that we have now :yahoo: . Memory still here.

I have to admit that I treated the Camry like ****, never wash it until it gets spider web, oil change every 50000km and red line it all the time!

As we grows we can have our space??? :spiteful: :spiteful:

hi all

this is my first post, i've been lurking around here for a while and have decided to get a Kluger within the next few months. I'm tossing between KX-R and KX-S, is it worth to spend the $7k for the extras?

any help is appreciated! :)

cheers

hi all

this is my first post, i've been lurking around here for a while and have decided to get a Kluger within the next few months. I'm tossing between KX-R and KX-S, is it worth to spend the $7k for the extras?

any help is appreciated! :)

cheers

If you fancy the leather seat :toast: , better trim and higher driving position. Then yes. I was thinking KX-R at first and from the spec list, there wasn't much to take me to the S. But after we sat on both.. It was decided the trim of 'S' easily worth the 7K(especially when the KX-R 3rd row seat on the test drive car was broken and cannot be laid down, lol).

I Just Ordered One (grande) and now im hearing bad stuff about it (im getting scared :blink: :( ) Are there any doog things about it ?

Please tell us what u hear/read.. It's a bit hard to predict.. :blink:

So far the car drives as promised even by what salesman said it will do.. haha.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tae

Please accept my apologies M_M, I didn't mean to dis your girliness or that of any other of our finer halves that may be members\browsing these grand pages. :blush: I have been browsing these pages for several months as a guest but didn't want to join until I had signed on the dotted line for a new Kluger. I joined the Ford Forums in 2005 as I was determined to puchase a Territory, than I wanted to wait for the Turbo version, so I watched and waited with glee for the right time to buy my TT Ghia and than the new Kluger came along and blew the Territory off the map :lol: . Although the Kluger is down on power, it is greatly superior in every other way and hopefully I can graft the TRD's blower on to it to even that score up as well :spiteful:

As for day trips, the other forum organise these several times a year in each capital city for anyone who wants to come along. If any member wants to go for a trip, they advertise the destination in a new thread, give a date, meeting place and time and Shazzam..."Road Trip" If only one person turns up, you were going there anyway. Two's company but more than that....well....youv'e got yourself a convoy.. :yahoo: You can count me in on as many of these as I am able to go on and I don't think I would be the only one with these desires. All I have to do first is get my damn car !!!

:lol:

but i know i'm not the only girl here i'm know theres more out there but they just a tad more quiet then me :lol:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...5&start=725

anyways we already have monthly meet's / cruises on the last saturday of every month @ villawod @ 8PM on woodville rd in the bunnings carpark .....here in sydney please see under club meets and events. you are all more then welcome to come :D

we do do road trips and such but hold them during the days but i haven't had much time to organize one lately cause my hours are all over the place for work.

hopefully now that the busy season is finished i should be able to organize one again soon. me and mark have 4 kids so we normally bring them to day events. so your more then welcome to do the same :D so my kids don't get so bored. hehe

anyways it dont matter that you dont have your kluger yet your still part of the family on here so its all good if you wanna have a meet and greet first. sometimes its good to meet with others first so you can ask them all the questions you've been wanting to ask on here but ran out of space to do so hehehe

KX-S MODEL FEATURES IN ADDITION TO KX-R MODEL

EXTERIOR

19” Alloy Wheels (245 / 55R)

Smoked chrome front grille inserts

Chrome Strip rear garnish

Front fog lamps

Halogen smoked grey headlamps

Smoked grey rear combination lamp

Dark silver roof rails

INTERIOR

Stainless steel scuff plates

4 spoke leather steering wheel

Leather gear knob

Leather seat trim

3rd row seats (7 seats)

Driver’s/Front Passenger’s seat power operated

Driver's seat variable cushion length adjustment

Tilt adjustable front head restraints

INSTRUMENTS & CONTROLS

Front dual zone climate control air conditioning

Rear climate control air conditioning

Air conditioning steering wheel controls

Front seat heaters

SOUND SYSTEM

AM/FM radio with 6 disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 compatibility (KX-S only)

Bluetooth™* telephone compatibility

I highlighted what I think why it worths $7K. (in bold)

GRANDE MODEL FEATURES IN ADDITION TO KX-S MODEL

EXTERIOR

Electric tilt and slide Moonroof

Chrome front grille inserts

Halogen headlamps (as per KX-R)

Rear combination lamp (as per KX-R)

Silver roof rails

INTERIOR

Wood pattern gear knob

Wood pattern trim on door/centre console

INSTRUMENTS AND CONTROLS

Smart entry & start

Voice and telephone steering wheel controls

Rear power door

Auto headlights

DVD Rear Seat Entertainment with 3 infrared wireless headphones and remote control

Touch-screen Satellite Navigation with 8” display

Compass

Digital date display

Electrochromatic rear view mirror

SOUND SYSTEM

Audio Visual Navigation (AVN) incorporating DVD based Satellite Navigation

AM/FM radio with 4 disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 compatibility

(Audio input jack not available on Grande)

Bluetooth™† telephone compatibility

SAFETY

Rear view camera uses Satellite Navigation 8” display

I think it is why it worths $9K over the KX-S in bold.

Grande owners have you find the italic items in your car? I can't make the compass working?

Gentlemen....

Kaos here :yahoo: Firstly,a big hello to all my covert friends in these pages that I have been reading about for months.It is because of you that my company finds itself in more debt(more about that later).I came across your forum several months ago and logged in every day to catch up with the days happenings.Upon finally ordering my KLUGER (KX-S) on 10-12-07,I decided to join your merry gang and KAOS was born.

My trips to the site became more frequent and reached fever pitch on 28-12-07 when I upgraded my order to a Glacier Grande with Nudge bar,Side steps,Tow pack,Cargo mat and carpet mats :clap: (All this for just over 60k and I haven't even asked for freebies yet :whistling: )because I couldn't stand all you smug bas*#^ds gloating about your Grande's.(hence the company debt!!!)

Now,back on track,I to was wondering about the tracking accessability and not having received any letters from Toyota,I fronted my Fleet salesman and aquired my access numbers from him.Raced home in the XR8,onto the site and all it told me was that it is indeed on order but they have no idea when it will be on the line;Salesman said maybe March delivery :( .It's like getting a new bike for your Birthday and not being able to ride it until Xmas(just like engagement and marriage!!!)So ,the tracking is useful but it's more like Japanese water torture if your hanging out for your car.

One more thing before I fall off my soap box :spiteful: With the popularity of the Kluger,SURELY we deserve our own Forum heading.If the mighty Camry,Prius and even the bloody Tarago have individual categories,we can lose the other riff raff and stand tall and proud on our own :toast: What do ya reckon,give us a go !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel. See my post (#90) in this forum for details.

A$57k driveaway for a Grande AWD is not impossible at all if u're talking abt the Gen1. As for the current model its a bit hard to believe you could get tht price as a private buyer of 1 unit. Anyway , who knows you might be as suave as Mr Bond B)

When I haggled for my KXR, I used this website as to what to aim for www.cfionline.com.au Its good because when the negotiatons "heats up" and the salesman questions you on what made you think you could get it at that price :nono: I could simply point him to the URL :P

They say "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT" so Kluger II must be bloody good cause wer'e waiting!!! :mellow:

You better be right. I signed my life away for a kluger on 20/12 and ETA on the contract was Feb '08 and now it seems like a lie.... March/Apr looks more like it :(

A$57k driveaway for a Grande AWD is not impossible at all if u're talking abt the Gen1. As for the current model its a bit hard to believe you could get tht price as a private buyer of 1 unit. Anyway , who knows you might be as suave as Mr Bond B)

When I haggled for my KXR, I used this website as to what to aim for www.cfionline.com.au Its good because when the negotiatons "heats up" and the salesman questions you on what made you think you could get it at that price :nono: I could simply point him to the URL :P

I agree as I just said in the other thread!

ok thanks for the advice. i might go for the leather trims in the KX-R, now I just need to save up a bit more! :(

could someone please also explain whether there'll be any differences between the '07 and '08 model?

ok thanks for the advice. i might go for the leather trims in the KX-R, now I just need to save up a bit more! :(

could someone please also explain whether there'll be any differences between the '07 and '08 model?

07 model is old and smaller in size and have a 3.3L V6. Production ended June 07.

If you talking about Gen 2, 3.5L V6. There is no difference

Edited by takahashi

They say "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT" so Kluger II must be bloody good cause wer'e waiting!!! :mellow:

You better be right. I signed my life away for a kluger on 20/12 and ETA on the contract was Feb '08 and now it seems like a lie.... March/Apr looks more like it :(

Given you have a contract in place, which the dealer would want, have you tried getting a new price? Just as their quoted ETA was wrong, say your final price was wrong. I guess in most cases that would not work to well. What would you do if it was bits of the car missing that they said it had to get a contract in place?

On the other hand, what about asking for a few more extras. We are not just talking a few days over, more like weeks/months. Let us know how you go!

Tell you a nice story to get the sale, then hope you let me changes little bits. Doesn't sound like the its in the correct sprit of fair play. :rolleyes:

Some dealer may want to get a hold on a cheap dealer assigned car rather than a swapable car among dealers (which is going to be more expensive for dealer to get since it is in a pool) ..... is that true?

The later you buy the car and the sooner you sale it second hand, of course it will have better value. In the meantime, keep contacting to us and we will fill your gap of emptiness. Haha.

I am itchy to go offroad again, but our next trip is Great Ocean road and the Ottway Forrest.

In the meantime, keep contacting to us and we will fill your gap of emptiness. Haha.

Test drove the KX-S today, felt very solid although it was a bit sluggish to accelerate from standstill given it size. The quality were excellent except the glovebox - there were gaps around the edges. Overall I was very satisfied with its performance and hopefully will be ordering one very soon! :)

Cogratulations on the new car and may I say a very nice choice indeed.

I will have to reserve my judgement on the handling until we take delivery of ours, but we test drove a few of them and had our hands on one for quite a few hours and I thought it was okay, its not like sports car handling, but hey what are we buying here. Im coming from an Alfa 156 and Ill be sacrificing a lot of the sport car benefits, but hopefully it wont be too bad.

Like Takahashi said it may be a good thing to have a bit of roll, the safety features and dynamics would be taking this all into consideration, so it might be good to have a think of what the side effects might be before we starting to stiffen up the suspension ??.

Hopefully the Toyota boys will have a sports setting they can dial up or upgrade to?.

PS I still dont know how to use all the forum quote thingos yet......

Given you have a contract in place, which the dealer would want, have you tried getting a new price? Just as their quoted ETA was wrong, say your final price was wrong. I guess in most cases that would not work to well. What would you do if it was bits of the car missing that they said it had to get a contract in place?

On the other hand, what about asking for a few more extras. We are not just talking a few days over, more like weeks/months. Let us know how you go!

Tell you a nice story to get the sale, then hope you let me changes little bits. Doesn't sound like the its in the correct sprit of fair play. :rolleyes:

Evil man trying to get me blood pressure up and go on rampage at the dealer :D

Serously I dont think there's anything i could do :( just wait