CAP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks better than the RAV, but then I really don't like the way the RAV has grown so large, and would really have preferred it if Toyota had given us the European sized 5 door, instead of the US model.

The drivetrain sounds interesting. The current one is no slouch, so with 200kw and a 6 speed box it should be quite rapid. Now we just need a decent suspension kit to get rid of the understeer and body roll.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I think it looks better than the RAV, but then I really don't like the way the RAV has grown so large, and would really have preferred it if Toyota had given us the European sized 5 door, instead of the US model.

The drivetrain sounds interesting. The current one is no slouch, so with 200kw and a 6 speed box it should be quite rapid. Now we just need a decent suspension kit to get rid of the understeer and body roll.

looks like a hyundai

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

the first model had clean lines, good package and price

i bought one new but sold it soon after because it drove terribly

5 spd auto , but manually you could only drop from 5th to 4th which was useless because the gearing was way too high.

now they dont even look good anymore , the only savior could be if the 3rd row seat split folds

you would be the first person to like the original designs lines.

even the dealers were horrified.

probably because the old one was conservative and not flashy

what about the interior. did the new one address that? i havnt seen one up close.

the old one had about 20 storage compartments and yet no-where to put anything. the cup holders were at the bottom of a storage tray and if you put anything under the centre consoul it rolled out and got stuck under your brake pedal. then there was the pedal handrake and the shocking woodgrain of the grande model.

why couldnt the 3rd row seat split fold???? choose between the pram and 6th passenger - but not both. unless you have a stroller, or one of those prams that need to be disasembled to fit it in. its almost easier to take 2 cars

and why was the throttle so jerky. too scared to squeeze the throttle that extra millimetre or it might suddenly drop back a gear and rip your head off. tiptronic would be nice. and why cant a motor with that much technology be fuel efficent?

it was well priced, compact, and had all the features on paper. my wife liked driving it. but not me

the 3rd row is still solid, but so is the Territory, its main competitor.

storage seems a great deal improved, and the cup holders are sold on the console.

still going for the pedal handbrake, but i don't have a huge issue with that, i prefer it to a handle getting in the way of my elbows, and the increased room inside more than covers the shortfall.

still a revvy engine, but i think thats there ethos. rather than torque, go for revs ala F1 style. just a different way of doing things. but the gearbox was smooth in transition.

when i test drove the 2004 cvx kluger the transmission was silky smooth. you couldnt even tell when the gear changes. the gearbox held its ratios longer and didnt kick back so late and violently. but that only lasted a short while then things started to change.

could it be the computer adapted to my wifes light footed way of driving and so didnt work well for me when i occasionally drove it with my heavy footed style?

also being used to driving manuals, one time in an emergency stop i instinctivly went for the clutch at the same time as the brake and ended up slamming on the handbrake! a loud buzzing noise added to the panic but luckily it didnt lock up.

and the painfully slow power seat slide, the dealer fitted boot mat thas doesnt allow for the rear seat to be raised, the wind buffering noise that made it impossible to drive with the windows open, the baby seat which really only worked on the drivers side, and crapy resale. i lost 18k in a couple of years and only travelled 20k

but to me it was pleasing to look at in dark blue with tinted windows and the fitted reverse park assist was reassuring as was the toyota reliability

i like the new ones. young ppl who don't have kids wont appreciate it cause they don't need the extra seats. :lol:

look at it more from the inside then to outside then you will see its beauty. :D

and to leighthebee i wanna see pics up in members rides section as soon as you pick up your new baby. :clap:

and why was the throttle so jerky. too scared to squeeze the throttle that extra millimetre or it might suddenly drop back a gear and rip your head off. tiptronic would be nice. and why cant a motor with that much technology be fuel efficent?

There was an issue with the gearchange that was solved by resetting the ECU...

After that, no problems...

• 2 weeks later...

hey leighthebee,

hows the new machine going, its GSR from the T forum, had to pick a different name on this one. been trying to see if there are any kluger forums around and came across this site but i see its a long time between drinks on here. anyway hope its all going well, and were still waiting for ours. dealer still could not confirm an exact delivery time 4-6 weeks max hopefully, but who knows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
did u guys get yours yet???

which model did u guys order?

and what price did u manage to get it down too??

thanks!!

Still waiting for ours, hopefully only another couple of weeks away.

We ordered AWD Grande, Mettalic Paint, Aero roof racks, HD tow pack, front and rear park assist, mudflaps, front tints, floor mats for around 62K drive away. When we compared to the other manufacturers the decision was easy. For what you get nothing came close.

did u guys get yours yet???

which model did u guys order?

and what price did u manage to get it down too??

thanks!!

Still waiting for ours, hopefully only another couple of weeks away.

We ordered AWD Grande, Metallic Paint, Aero roof racks, HD tow pack, front and rear park assist, mudflaps, front tints, floor mats for around 62K drive away. When we compared to the other manufacturers the decision was easy. For what you get nothing came close.

Thats a great deal Was that a fleet/business price it seems very cheap? Which dealer? We just did a similar deal on the same car not as many extras though :angry: Pick up Thursday :yahoo:

Cograts on picking her? up thursday. I cant wait.......it will be 2 months by the time we get ours.

Let us know what you think.

Ours was a fleet price, thats probably why it was such a good deal, but we still had to do a lot of wealin and dealin from the different dealers to get the best possible price because the fleet people wanted the three best quotes. Eventually Terry Shields did the job.

If you work for a large organisation or have an ABN you may be able get some sort of fleet discount.

Cograts on picking her? up thursday. I cant wait.......it will be 2 months by the time we get ours.

Ours was a fleet price, thats probably why it was such a good deal, but we still had to do a lot of wealin and dealin from the different dealers to get the best possible price because the fleet people wanted the three best quotes. Eventually Terry Shields did the job.

If you work for a large organisation or have an ABN you may be able get some sort of fleet discount.

Wow.. I wish I had the same deal. I should have gone for the fleet company....

Anyway, I am waiting for mine to come in Dec. Company are paying for it in a way, but I had to work hard for it. (So boss, get my drift????) haha.

I think I am going for a White one, although currently the lockin one is Graphite. It is coming down to this 2 choices anyway. I also went for the Grande - suck in by those gadgets. Do you think Grande worth it?

Do you know that Kluger looks like Vanguard in Japan (EDIT: I double check there is nothing in common :(), and you may be able to buy Japan parts for it.... :yahoo:

Edited by takahashi

Cograts on picking her? up Thursday. I cant wait.......it will be 2 months by the time we get ours.

Wow.. I wish I had the same deal. I should have gone for the fleet company....

Anyway, I am waiting for mine to come in Dec. Company are paying for it in a way, but I had to work hard for it. (So boss, get my drift????) haha.

I think I am going for a White one, although currently the lockin one is Graphite. It is coming down to this 2 choices anyway. I also went for the Grande - suck in by those gadgets. Do you think Grande worth it?

Do you know that Kluger looks like Vanguard in Japan (EDIT: I double check there is nothing in common :(), and you may be able to buy Japan parts for it.... :yahoo:

Congrats on the good taste.

Only one more sleep to go before we pick up the wifes blue beast in the morning, thanks for all the info guys, Im pretty happy with our deal ( My company and fleet is my family) Only got one price as you can work out whats a good deal by the web these days. Ours was a company DEMO driven by the dealer principle (and many more I assume) with 3000KMs on the clock, they are now hard to get I was looking at the Turbo Territory Ghia, but happy I chose the gadget bus instead the fords a good car but getting long in the tooth now the only thing that really excited me was the Turbo factor the standard Ghia is a slug.

Hope the engines last longer than the new Ravs Do too. I think the Grande at the right price is light years ahead of the opposition with a lot of standard feature included where the opposition are mostly extras or not available at all, time will tell as they are only relatively new, still Not sure about the Gadget middle seat!....Now to save up for that rip off tow bar.... its only a bit of metal :spiteful:

Adrian

Congrats on the good taste.

Only one more sleep to go before we pick up the wifes blue beast in the morning, thanks for all the info guys, Im pretty happy with our deal ( My company and fleet is my family) Only got one price as you can work out whats a good deal by the web these days. Ours was a company DEMO driven by the dealer principle (and many more I assume) with 3000KMs on the clock, they are now hard to get I was looking at the Turbo Territory Ghia, but happy I chose the gadget bus instead the fords a good car but getting long in the tooth now the only thing that really excited me was the Turbo factor the standard Ghia is a slug.

Hope the engines last longer than the new Ravs Do too. I think the Grande at the right price is light years ahead of the opposition with a lot of standard feature included where the opposition are mostly extras or not available at all, time will tell as they are only relatively new, still Not sure about the Gadget middle seat!....Now to save up for that rip off tow bar.... its only a bit of metal :spiteful:

Adrian

It will be interesting when CX-9 rolls off the floor, but looking at the dash I have to give Kluger a thumbs up. I simply did not enjoy the test drive of the KX-S AWD, after just sat on the Sand colour beige interior Glande (even it is not my choice of colour on both front).

My wife loves it now, since she worked out mentally how to fit someone in the centre when both left and right middle seat has a baby capsule attached. :idea:

It is now to work out how to enjoy the car.... suggestion?