Grilles

Simo

Where is the best place to aquire one and will they fit the 03 sportivos??

I rang up Canberra toyota and old cobber gave me some speel about 25 thousand yen and how they wont fit the sportivos and that all the boys in canberra just buy levin grilles and stick TRD badges on them...

BAAHAHAHAHA..AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

That is the FUNNIEST THING I'VE HEARD today...lol

Simo if we end up having a little meet tonight I'll show you. Oh man...'levin' grilles hahaha. $268.20 for a grille then? Maybe for the TRD one, but the aftermarket one I grabbed was much cheaper than that. AND they DO fit. Which Toyota dealership was it?

I bought my eyelids and aftermarket grille from Ignition X. Tommy knows me relativley well as a customer and we should be able to grab something from him. My eyelids, grille and the rear skirt still need to be painted and fitted, so whenever you grab yours I can go with you to get them done. At least it'd give me an excuse to do it (and get mick off my back lol)

53100-ze200.jpg

I was looking at one of these badboys..... I rang up and some dude called christian answered and palmed me off to some old dude who then emailed me a picture of a RunX?? so that i could see where to stick the TRD badge onto a levin grille if that helps u suss out which dealership it was... Think it was fyshwick.

Yeh definatley keen to have a yarn to this matey you know cause the dudes at toyota sound like they are too lazy <_<

53100-ze200.jpg

I was looking at one of these badboys..... I rang up and some dude called christian answered and palmed me off to some old dude who then emailed me a picture of a RunX?? so that i could see where to stick the TRD badge onto a levin grille if that helps u suss out which dealership it was... Think it was fyshwick.

Yeh definatley keen to have a yarn to this matey you know cause the dudes at toyota sound like they are too lazy <_<

I have a copy of that grille. It fits fine lol.

We'll take care of you don't worry mate. To be honest I refuse to take my car back to be serviced by Toyota in general. It gets serviced by my godfather now. They can shove their warranty up their a55 lol.

I'll bring the grille and eyelids to a meet. I'll try and get a receipt so I can give you a price as well man. The eyelids and the grille both compliment each other really well, makes it look very aggressive.

levin grille? i thought its sportivo grille, and he reckon it wont fit a sportivo? its the same as all other zze series corolla! how about some education on the products first, the one in da pic i think is a trd one, which is same as the optional grille but with cf look and a unique badge

i have one of these... genuine toyota part.

took it off my car just the other day :)

DSCF1469.jpg

may consider selling

edit. THANKS TO EVERYONE IN RECENT DAYS WHO HAVE ASKED IF I STILL HAVE THIS. IT WAS SOLD WITHIN DAYS OF PUTTING UP THIS POST. THANKYOU.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Anyone know why they made them the grey-ish colour in the first place and not the solid black they should be??!!!!

It's another mod I want to do on mine as well.

Edited by Jen

Yeah i guess, and i have a 04 sedan so fitment wont be a problem, cheers for the replys, just interested to know where you actually get the trdsport ones

cheers

Jarrod

Anyone know why they made them the grey-ish colour in the first place and not the solid black they should be??!!!!

It's another mod I want to do on mine as well.

Mine's black Jen. Where were you last night!? :P

The mock carbon fibre "trd" grilles come up on ebay from time, to time, so too do the normal Sportivo accessory ones (Genuine and copies).

Toyota dealers sell them painted and non painted but are usually more.

they wanted 200 bucks to paint and fit

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

That is hilarious. That's what I was quoted to paint and fit the rear skirt, and that involves a lot more labour.

Jees Toyota...what the hell?

It's $50 for the paint shop

And $150 for the service manager (Shhhh ;) )

:clap: :P :D

:lol::lol::lol:

:clap::clap::clap:

Canberra Toyota disappoint me big time

"Is your car fitted with foglights?"

"Yes, aftermarket ones"

" :o :huh::blink::unsure: "

:lol:

they wanted 200 bucks to paint and fit

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

That is hilarious. That's what I was quoted to paint and fit the rear skirt, and that involves a lot more labour.

Jees Toyota...what the hell?

yep, i went to panel beater after that, paint the grill, wing tips, and fitted them both for 150

Anyone know where i can get a true TRD sport one in melb for a decent price preferably

if you want it cheap the only way is to get it second hand.

new it always holds its price of around $280. the good things about this grill is you get the badge that you cannot buy anywhere else plus you do not need to paint this grill. however if you do not take care of it the carbon print may come off a 1-2 years later.

Second hand is the way to go - hang around these forums and FIRESPORT.com/EBAY and u'll find a genuine TRD one. This is where i got my one from ...BangN got his for $30 (or arounds that price) :D TRD Grill FTW !!! :clap:

• 2 months later...

get it from ebay...gd and cheap

I want a grille too, but last thing i bought on ebay was a perfectly setup scam!!!! (an ipod)

I paid $400 for a 80gb ipod to never see it in my house!!!! but got a refund from Ebay australia for $375. not all lost, but for someone without a job its a HUGE LOSS!