TRD Aurion released in Aug 2007

Adrian

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have been told by the dealership where I picked up my aurion, that the TRD aurion will come in around $75k!

I've heard from inner Toyota workers its around there as well. the $70k region.

Limited production between 100-150 as well.

"Front wheel drive, 6sp auto" its all down hill from there....

+1

But, it should succeed in taking some sales away from the performance Falcons and Commodores.

+2

And i think we need to re-think the name of the TRD. To something like

Toyota KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT Racing Development :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have been told by the dealership where I picked up my aurion, that the TRD aurion will come in around $75k!

I've heard from inner Toyota workers its around there as well. the $70k region.

Limited production between 100-150 as well.

$70K, I think I'll stay with the Sx6 for a while, it'd want to have a built in french polish machine for $70K........... Wonder if you can get your hands on the supercharger and drop it in for a lot less ? eg. a copule of $K ???

+1

But, it should succeed in taking some sales away from the performance Falcons and Commodores.

That comment has got to have come from someone who has never driven a HSV or an FPV. No offence intended.

Seriously guys and girls, a front driver will NEVER EVER compete with large engined, rear drive cars in this country, they have a completely different target audience. AWD has proven itself a contender, FWD never will. I honestly thought Toyota would remove the cardigan this time, obviously I was mistaken.

Edited by -JC-

+1

That comment has got to have come from someone who has never driven a HSV or an FPV. No offence intended.

Seriously guys and girls, a front driver will NEVER EVER compete with large engined, rear drive cars in this country, they have a completely different target audience. AWD has proven itself a contender, FWD never will. I honestly thought Toyota would remove the cardigan this time, obviously I was mistaken.

I have to agree JC. It's a different market. A person who purchases an XR6T or SS would simply not look at a FWD Large car.

But those who drive cars such as Honda Accord Euro, Mazda 6 etc would look into this.

RWD is better in most occasion but not on the snow ground. Take the Falcondores & Aurion to the Snowy mountain this year to see the difference.

+1

Sorry mate, but I've driven performance Holdens and Fords before, so I'll take a little offence to that. If you took the time to read other threads about the Aurion, you'll see I've mentioned almost word for word what you said and thus agree with you, regarding "a front driver will NEVER EVER compete with large engined, rear drive cars in this country". And I only said some sales, not a big percentage. Many people buy HSVs and FPVs just for the badge, not the driving experience. It's these people that may be inclined to go to the performance Aurion.

I struggle to see how this will compete with the HSV GTS and Force6/Force8 twins, which is obviously Toyota's aim if they plan on pricing the Aurion at that low-70s mark. I was under the impression it'd come out for maybe high-50s originally.

Ok to debunk some myths -

1. It is not going to be $70k ffs.... quote from TRD corporate manager:

“It’s going to be more expensive than a Falcon XR6 Turbo ($44,000) or a Commodore SV8 ($45,000) … but it won’t be as expensive as an HSV or FPV car"

FYI FPVs are like $60k and HSVs are $70k... so its hardly going to be that much. Its going to be around $50k, not to bad considering its had alot of upgrades, while something like an XR6T is $45k with only a modified engine.

MYTH BUSTED

2. They are not limited it to only 100 cars being produced, quote from a respected article:

"The whole idea of the TRD Aurion isn’t really to make money, the idea is to create a halo car that will help increase sales of the basic car. In saying that, TRD hopes to sell around 1,000 cars in the first 12 months."

MYTH BUSTED

3. FWD makes the car totally crap :

Although I will admit RWD is perhaps a funner experience, albeit more dangerous... speed wise they both have their advantages and disadvantages as they only drive one pair of wheels. The following article is the best source on this:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cvetters3/test1.htm

The only real disadvantage comes in what the customers want, in Australia people have a fascination with RWD cars... even if they are slow. An example will be the XR6T vs TRD Aurion... the Aurion is more than likely gonna be faster, but people will still opt for the XR6T. A current example is the Aurion vs VE... base model 200kw with a 6 speed trans vs 180kw with a 4 speed yet the Omega still sells!

MYTH BUSTED

Edited by aussie_camry

toyota have rocks in there heads, the TRD Aurion is basically a toned down version of what it should have been to that the old farts will buy it, its gonna be a heavy bardge full of crap that has nothing TRD about it, and imagine all electronic fun spoilers that you wont be able to turn off are gonna be on it to control trying to get the power down...all in all its just another lame attempt from toyota to try and make somthing "sporty"

...at least it's supercharged :P

Now where's that homo who was adament it was going to the AWD?? cause his dad was doing burnouts in the factory in one...

I am an old fart and I like the TRD Aurion. bring it on! I want the TRD supercharger kit on my Presara though for that tru old fart feel of more power than I can handle in a heavy old luxobrage with nannying control so i can continue to drive into my eighties

The only real disadvantage comes in what the customers want.

Precisely. And what customers want in a large car in Australia is RWD. Like it or lump it, thats the way it is mate, and its not likely to change any time soon.

I drive a FWD car, but there is no arguing with how well loved RWD cars are in Australia. You might as well urinate into a gentle breeze.

The sort of RWD cars, Toyota Australia should bring in to.. "SHUT down" Commofalcowhores.

nuff said. Last pic (Jzx100) mate has just imported, gonna put on Avalon badge and go see what some Hsv and Fpvs think :spiteful: .. sickn tired of hearing oh hsv, fpv.. stick it.

12554_FrontView-1.jpg

12554_InsideView-1.jpg

12554_RearView-1.jpg

mobile01-67842e13b3780e33b7e251b564.jpg

mobile01-6e799d61bdf84ab3b896d8e99b.jpg

mobile01-fa7cf33a77258247ae98a397d2.jpg

top1.jpg

If you've ever been to Singapore, Thailand, Japan or the Middle East, you'll know why Toyota Australia is not one of the key market areas for Toyota.. Considering you have people here who like to put on Euro wanna be plates and drive 'luxurious' overpriced badged cars. I guess Toyota is like meh, we still got a market so why bother.

wtf is it with people and this rwd, awd bs..

gtf over it. Go drive one , then compare... jezus TFC

a mate of mine whos all into his commodores drove my levin gtz (import) and was like is that rear wheel drove bro!! ? lol...

HSV , FPV , forms of art? get a friggin life.. at the end of the day.. you're all either driving to work, picking up stuff from the supermarket or going to a friends .. simple stuff.. none of you are/ or can drag those cars etc.. I'm supposed to go buy a stupid old tech hsv coz it has more grunt? the hell I care.. I'd go for which offers more bang for buck, which I know won't fudge up on me, has the resale value and good customer support.

Seriously, how many times has Holden had to call back its Billion Dollar baby ? lol.. If Holdens are that well equipped of a car, howcome they don't sell more than Lexus or Toyota varients in the Us? they're sold cheap as in the UK, non existant in Asian countries, coz the Asians are too smart for that sort of car.

Typical Bogan comments, oh its not rwd, it HaS to be slow aye? jus coz you drive an old POS technology, heavu fuel guzzler , it HAS to have the go and grunt aye?

Get a friggin life.. /end bi**in rant.

wtf is it with people and this rwd, awd bs..

gtf over it. Go drive one , then compare... jezus TFC

a mate of mine whos all into his commodores drove my levin gtz (import) and was like is that rear wheel drove bro!! ? lol...

HSV , FPV , forms of art? get a friggin life.. at the end of the day.. you're all either driving to work, picking up stuff from the supermarket or going to a friends .. simple stuff.. none of you are/ or can drag those cars etc.. I'm supposed to go buy a stupid old tech hsv coz it has more grunt? the hell I care.. I'd go for which offers more bang for buck, which I know won't fudge up on me, has the resale value and good customer support.

Seriously, how many times has Holden had to call back its Billion Dollar baby ? lol.. If Holdens are that well equipped of a car, howcome they don't sell more than Lexus or Toyota varients in the Us? they're sold cheap as in the UK, non existant in Asian countries, coz the Asians are too smart for that sort of car.

Typical Bogan comments, oh its not rwd, it HaS to be slow aye? jus coz you drive an old POS technology, heavu fuel guzzler , it HAS to have the go and grunt aye?

Get a friggin life.. /end bi**in rant.

the point is that toyota come running in saying LOOK AT US LOOK AT US WE MAKE SOMTHING SPORTY.....and they dont they just ***** there money into R&D for the camry/avalon/aurion, the fact that TRD have associated themselves with TMCA is a real shame as all they are doing is graging TRD through the mud...