STOP PRESS!! CIVIC R in OZ MID 07!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree with northy. although i hear it goes very hard. which we all were expecting but someone has to do something with the syling of this car. just dosen't look rite. and wats up with triangle fog lights. look like a write off car that just came out of the factory.

• 3 months later...

I would never buy a Honda - personal preference. There, I said it (without justifying it).

BUT on paper, I would sooner buy a 2nd hand sportivo than the CTR. I would certainly be more tempted by the XR5 (and currently still am).

With the unveiling of the new Lancer, I think Honda will be forced to make some hasty additions to their type-R range...

I'm sorry but the Astra VXR looks the goods. I too will never buy a Honda...Honda is notorious for they're PR marketing hype which would have you believe that they put their F1 technology into everything from the Jazz up to the Euro...They have no racing pedogree and their is substance to their claims - just marketing smoke!

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the New typeR civic vs the previous model Type R Civic (which we didnt get ) on TopGear driven by Jeremy Clarkson , its available on Youtude if you wanna find the extended review and drive other wise the topgear webpage has the clip available too...

Seems dissapointing drive compared to the previous TypeR (independant rear suspension, they note is the biggest problem of new model, being that it lacks having it. plus its heavier and bigger, and has ONE extra kilowatt).

Clarkson mentions the ride is unbearable in real world situatons too, way to harsh,,,,, i recommended looking for it its good viewing!

..Ive seen second hand ones of the previous shape beinng imprted as grey imports into Australia too now.

Check out the New typeR civic vs the previous model Type R Civic (which we didnt get ) on TopGear driven by Jeremy Clarkson , its available on Youtude if you wanna find the extended review and drive other wise the topgear webpage has the clip available too...

Seems dissapointing drive compared to the previous TypeR (independant rear suspension, they note is the biggest problem of new model, being that it lacks having it. plus its heavier and bigger, and has ONE extra kilowatt).

Clarkson mentions the ride is unbearable in real world situatons too, way to harsh,,,,, i recommended looking for it its good viewing!

..Ive seen second hand ones of the previous shape beinng imprted as grey imports into Australia too now.

ive driven one of my workmates new type r. its a better everyday driver than the dc2r and dc5r.

just the performance side of things isnt as good