zre152 injen CAI

hello all

i just got a phone call this morning to say my parts have arrived *finally* well here it is, my INJEN CAI for the ZRE152 corolla, i'm assuming this may be the first intake kit to be put in a ZRE152, here's some pics! enjoy!!

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

i'll take photo's as i go along with the installation, since i got the day off i think i'll put it in now...lol

Charlie

Edited by flipsta24

ok so i got it installed, it took me about an hour and a half to get it in, there was only some minor DIY since the bracket it a touch different only because the bracket was designed for the left hand drive with the washer bottle, it still fits i just had to shorten the tube by about and inch and a half, i have some pics and i'll put em up tonight, now to go for a test run :D:D:D

Charlie

so is this the first injen intake installed for the zre152?if so WOOT WOOT!!!:D:D:D hehe

well im still spewin that it didn't turn up before the cruise...it actually cleared customs on the 26th so know i have to wait till the next cruise, im uploading pics now so shouldn't be to long

Edited by flipsta24

here's some of the pics:

BEFORE:

DSC_0023.jpg

AFTER:

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

i cant be bothered posting the rest of the pics up so here's the photobucket link if you want to see the other pics, there are quite a few lol

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r47/bal...INJEN%20intake/

ENJOY!!:D:D

Charlie

it looks the part bro!! good work... it feels heaps better past 4 geez then gets really loud past 5 aye??

it sure does but it actually kicks in around the 3500 and sounds gum at 4500 it's awesome it was a wait well worth it, o and you know how you said you only removed the battery? i dad to remove my front bar to get my air filter through, on the other note who's up for a ZRE photoshoot? i'm quite happy to organise i just need some suggestions on some places and a available time for everyone.

Charlie

it looks the part bro!! good work... it feels heaps better past 4 geez then gets really loud past 5 aye??

it sure does but it actually kicks in around the 3500 and sounds gum at 4500 it's awesome it was a wait well worth it, o and you know how you said you only removed the battery? i dad to remove my front bar to get my air filter through, on the other note who's up for a ZRE photoshoot? i'm quite happy to organise i just need some suggestions on some places and a available time for everyone.

Charlie

Yessir!! it sure does start kickin in at 3500... give it a hit in a tunnel, its so LOUD!! Ppl always ask me if i put a exhaust on... Im up for a ZRe photoshoot...

I just twisted the head light globe out n pod went through...

you should do an ECU reset, might turn out for the better.

yea i reset the ECU, i had to pull out the battery anyway

Mate that looks CLEAN! Im sure you are loving the roar, and if its any thing like the 05 sportivo the increase in throttole response.

Nice buy

dave

wow nice dude!! how much did it cost you along with shipping? any chance of posting up sound clips in and out of car?

Thanks.

$450 shipped can organize a group buy if anymore of you are are keen, just let me know, as for sound clips I'll try and get em done soon, but man it makes a huge difference throttle wise, but my throttle still does feel a little sluggish, may next goal may be a throttle controller but i'll see how i go with funds and stuff, i really wanna get it lowered so that will be next, im hoping in about 2-3 weeks

Charlie

You know iam jealous now dont you? worth the wait then Charlie, good work :)

Ive been looking at the throttle controllers and all around $400 - $500+ Blitz, Buddy Club etc but i found this a couple of weeks ago

and now dropped the price, what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electronic-Throttle...id=p3286.c0.m14

Good work mate. Gotta love that sweet induction sound.

Ive been looking at the throttle controllers and all around $400 - $500+ Blitz, Buddy Club etc but i found this a couple of weeks ago

and now dropped the price, what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electronic-Throttle...id=p3286.c0.m14

I'm well sure you are better than that mate. Each to their own though, but I will reiterate my opinions. I just don't like hearing money being wasted like this but ultimately, it is your decision to make and money to spend:

ZRE-152 useful parts

Those are completely pointless. All they do is adjust the amount that the throttle plate moves in relation to how much you press on the accelerator. Such a massive waste of money (AU $359.58 + AU $78.24 for the harness if you choose) for something you can easily adjust with decent driving skills.

Look at it this way. For a normal DBW throttle, you depress the accelerator 10% of its range, the throttle plate moves 10% of its range. Now you add this box and put it into 'Sports' mode. Now when you depress the accelerator 10%, the throttle moves 20% (for example). What happens when you depress the accelerator 50%... the throttle is at 100% and the rest of the range in your accelerator is useless.

Now it only takes a fraction of a second to press the accelerator that extra distance that this box is going to compensate for. There is absolutely no gain in respect to this.

Putting it into 'Eco' mode will do the opposite. For example, you depress the accelerator 10%, the throttle moves only 5%. Now This I can see would provide some sort of gain if you were trying to drive like a granny and want to get your revs 100% perfect, but realistically it is just useless. You can gain decent control with practice.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but those are just my opinions.