INJEN CAI installed

just thought i'd update this thread.

i recently put in a 3A racing pod filter as per the pdf file i've read posted here on the forums somewhere on it's strong points on filtration and ability to literally suck more as compared to others (and by comparison of pods, it includes injen as well).

ever since i installed the 3A racing pod, without resetting the ecu at all, the check engine light dissapeared and hasn't come back for a few days now.

i think it was because the injen pod has oil in or on it which the maf sensor picks up as a contaminant and throws the CEL? whereas the 3A racing pod is a dry type filter..

i could be wrong and the CEL may come up but i got a good feeling it may be the pod...

any comments welcome.

cheers,

tom

Nice TOM!

I installed my injen cai last week, no engine light, although, my injen filter was dry and also got the hydro shield for. How did u go with the bottom bracket? I had to make up my own out of aluminum sheeting.

Chris

i recently put in a 3A racing pod filter as per the pdf file i've read posted here on the forums somewhere on it's strong points on filtration and ability to literally suck more as compared to others (and by comparison of pods, it includes injen as well).

ever since i installed the 3A racing pod, without resetting the ecu at all, the check engine light dissapeared and hasn't come back for a few days now.

i think it was because the injen pod has oil in or on it which the maf sensor picks up as a contaminant and throws the CEL? whereas the 3A racing pod is a dry type filter..

i could be wrong and the CEL may come up but i got a good feeling it may be the pod...

any comments welcome.

cheers,

tom

Nice TOM!

I installed my injen cai last week, no engine light, although, my injen filter was dry and also got the hydro shield for. How did u go with the bottom bracket? I had to make up my own out of aluminum sheeting.

Chris

g'day chris,

i got hydroshield too, its good! regarding the bottom bracket i just left it. it hangs unsupported haha

tom

any comments welcome.

cheers,

tom

hey,

you may find out that the 3A racing filter is not a dry type and is recommended to be oiled as well.

i believe kenshin on the forums found out by calling the 3A racing manufacturer and they recommended that their filter be oiled.

Edited by hAmZ

any comments welcome.

cheers,

tom

i use 3a aswell and never had a engine light. though im using custom cai not injen

Hi, I had a 3a Pod filter as well but now running a big K&N Filter (RU-3100) twice the size of 3a filter and much louder and no engine light on either filters oiled or dry

post-13841-128013876461_thumb.jpg

any comments welcome.

cheers,

tom

Nice TOM!

Chris

we didnt go nowhere with the bottome bracket dude.. its sitting there. lol

3A Racing pod eh? yeah i remember duy told me, you have to keep it oiled. oh well.. see how you go hey tomee.. hope we fixed this damn cai problem

Im also thinking the problem is the amount of turbulence the different pod initiates. Was reading on a few engine conversion when changing the inlet length and angles, turbulence can cause MAF errors, some people have opted for honeycomb or straw "flow correctors/ straighteners" causing straight airflow. This seems to have helped in the majority of cases.

But if everything is working ok now, be happy!

Still no errors for me! :)

hey guys ..... just a thought based one what was posted above ..... when i had my turbo conversion done the stock 2zz maf could not cope with the air flows which resulted in weird idling and a whole bunch of other issues ..... anyway it wasnt until the tuner hooked up his equipment to read what the MAF thought was going on that we found out it was the MAF .... effectively the maf i believe is a 0-5v read out .... it might be worth getting the car up on the dyno and seeing whats going on with the voltages ...... my solution was to wire in a 300zx twin turbo maf and it now deals with the air flow side of things and the stock 2zz maf does everything else ..... just a thought if u r at wits end

i think its just johnnie atm lol

Oh damn. I think we should redo his one and electrical cleaner once more. If it doesn't work, I guess it's 3A then..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...