Selector Mod for Automatic

Aurion ZR6

Today I have modified my Selector gear Change in "S" Mode.

Read the rest at my web site.

I don't thing there any gain for this mod apart from, you are changing gears the right way compare to the factory OEM setup!

Any feedback would be appreciated :yahoo:

Selector Mod for changing Gear Quicker in "S" Mode

Today I have modified my Selector gear Change in "S" Mode.

Read the rest at my web site.

I don't thing there any gain for this mod apart from, you are changing gears the right way compare to the factory OEM setup!

Any feedback would be appreciated :yahoo:

Selector Mod for changing Gear Quicker in "S" Mode

Very good...give us a review - I was seriously considering doing the same thing.

Wonder which idiot thought up the "Push" to upshift - its so counter intuitive, so far, as I hear, only BMW & Mercedes got it right.

You could also change the Pivot point to a harder bushing (I'm guessing that there's a bushing). This give a more solid feel to the shifter. Thats what I did to my previous Merc C200 - which incidently, was also pull to upshift - except it was sideways

Edited by e240

Wondering how long did this took you from start to finish?

I was also feeling weird about pushing UP for + and down for -, but i havent think of changing them over like what you did.

After thinking for a while and imagining drive with the swap over, i think then i will feel "normal" too.

Nice, something that i hv never think of doing^^

thanks for input~

BTW, possible to find a way to turn OFF the "ding ding" sound when you forgotten to put on seatbelt or you ARE going to, but just havent put it in yet? TAT i will surely give u a +1 for best mod for aurion TILL NOW!!

BTW, possible to find a way to turn OFF the "ding ding" sound when you forgotten to put on seatbelt or you ARE going to, but just havent put it in yet? TAT i will surely give u a +1 for best mod for aurion TILL NOW!!

There should be a plug under the seat to the seat belt catch. Disconnect it and that should solve it.

However, I don't know why you would drive without seat belts anyway.

Wondering how long did this took you from start to finish? Around 15 minutes from start to finished.

I was also feeling weird about pushing UP for + and down for -, but i havent think of changing them over like what you did.

After thinking for a while and imagining drive with the swap over, i think then i will feel "normal" too.

Nice, something that i hv never think of doing^^

thanks for input~

Terrific mod and so easy.

Problem is I am sort of getting used to the backwards operation now and find the lag makes it almost useless and slower in spirited driving as it's so hard to time right and damned annoying when it refuses to change down until a lower spedd than you can pick up the lower gear with kickdown anyway.

Terrific mod and so easy.

Problem is I am sort of getting used to the backwards operation now and find the lag makes it almost useless and slower in spirited driving as it's so hard to time right and damned annoying when it refuses to change down until a lower spedd than you can pick up the lower gear with kickdown anyway.

i reckon its a good thing that u cant change down until the vehicle speed is slower can u imagine the damage that could happen if u managed to get it in to say 2nd out 3rd at like 4000rpm thered b a good chance those front shafts would destroy themselves in about .2secs.

im gettin pretty used to shifting the tranny at the right revs just practise at the end of the day

i reckon its a good thing that u cant change down until the vehicle speed is slower can u imagine the damage that could happen if u managed to get it in to say 2nd out 3rd at like 4000rpm thered b a good chance those front shafts would destroy themselves in about .2secs.

im gettin pretty used to shifting the tranny at the right revs just practise at the end of the day

Sure it's practice that will make it smoother. The trans is programmed to help prolong it's life but I do want to be able to shift down a gear at peak torque 4500rpm thats the whole point to keep it running from 4500 to 6500rpm. Done carelessly this will of course put big strains on the whole fwd trans

just a suggestion.. instead of cutting the loom and voiding your warranty, why not just swap the pins around in the plug?

All it takes is a safety pin and about 1 minute of time.

There should be a plug under the seat to the seat belt catch. Disconnect it and that should solve it.

However, I don't know why you would drive without seat belts anyway.

The reason people ask is because they have long driveways (i.e. farms, properties etc.). And btw, your trick won't work - the seat belt stalk will be open circuit with the seat belt tongue disengaged and hence set the reminder off once above 5km/h. So therefore, disconnecting the loom will keep it open circuit. There might be an option in the Intelligent Tester "Customise" menu to kill the seatbelt reminder... but you're not going to find a dealer who will easily change the setting for you, as they'll be liable if an accident occurs and the driver is thick enough not to wear his/her seatbelt.

Oh, to the OP - why use those cheap crappy little crimp connectors?!? Do the job properly - solder and heat shrink wrap! And have you worked out a way to modify the graphics on your gear selector facia to show the + and - back to front?

Edited by pinzvidz

The reason people ask is because they have long driveways (i.e. farms, properties etc.). And btw, your trick won't work - the seat belt stalk will be open circuit with the seat belt tongue disengaged and hence set the reminder off once above 5km/h.

I'm not sure what the setup is like as I've not done it and don't think I'd even bother. The circuit could be closed with the seat belt unfastened, or vice versa, you'd just have to figure it out when you do it, but you'd still have to unplug it to find out.

Re: Switch - I wonder if you can put in a switch to switch between selector setups for when you send the car in for servicing.