[Updated links now with pics] 2ZZGE-New Intake Manifold - Street version with Q45 Throttle body

Click on the following for the thread

New Intake Manifold

Click on the following for the pics

Pics of the new Intake manifold, scroll down to post # 1466

No I am not adverstising, but I have been following it a little bit. The N/A crowd has been abit limited with bolt-ons for the 2zzge, Boosted over at NC has created a new intake manifold for the 2zzge the gains look very promising at the top end, especially 4300rpm onwards. So if we take into account that US dynos read high, we can expect around 10kw atw I suppose, if 23hp = 16kw. Looks good, will have to wait for independent dynos. Only problem is that you will need possibly a larger fuel pump and injectors, and please lets not turn this into a FI vs N/A debate!

Only bad thing is that apparantly this manifold is going to cost about $1200USD, converted to AUD is about $1700. Add the cost of shipping etc + tax and it blows it out of the waters to 2000. Unfortunately the price is going to deter alot of potential buyers, me included :angry: .

Click on the following

New Intake Manifold

No I am not adverstising, but I have been following it a little bit. The N/A crowd has been abit limited with bolt-ons for the 2zzge, Boosted over at NC has created a new intake manifold for the 2zzge the gains look very promising at the top end, especially 4300rpm onwards. So if we take into account that US dynos read high, we can expect around 10kw atw I suppose, if 23hp = 16kw. Looks good, will have to wait for independent dynos. Only problem is that you will need possibly a larger fuel pump and injectors, and please lets not turn this into a FI vs N/A debate!

So whos keen on a USD1000 intake manifold?? Xoom?? Its another few more kw's up top, sure you could wind your boost up, but I'm sure another 20kw from the intake manifold would be nice.

Cheers Suprathai for the info.... Looks good.... Thanks for sharing mate

stop being a bunch of sooks and just fork out the cash to be the first one 2 have it :P :P :P :P ...... mate i dont need the extra 20kw she's a handful as it is ..... lol

u also might want to read all of that thread since just buying this is not all that u need

ported headers, PFC, fuel pump, injectors & t/b

I'm looking at injectors at the moment though, not sure about wanting to port the stock headers.

Why don't you want to port the stock headers??? You don't know what you are missing out on..... :P

I'm looking at injectors at the moment though, not sure about wanting to port the stock headers.

Why don't you want to port the stock headers??? You don't know what you are missing out on..... :P

I'll have to agree with SB on that. Ported headers is one of the better bang for buck mod!!!!! Does its work on ther whole rev range. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon it would costs about 2 grand with some change delivered. To top it off, have to work on injectors bla bla bla bla. For 20kw extra and the money that is spent on it, kebab performance is better bang for buck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Appreciate the R&D though. Good job on their part.

I reckon it would costs about 2 grand with some change delivered. To top it off, have to work on injectors bla bla bla bla. For 20kw extra and the money that is spent on it, kebab performance is better bang for buck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mentioned that I need to get it tuned as well, hence why I'm not so sure about porting the headers. It would make a difference if I stayed n/a, but... :D

• 2 weeks later...

well looks like the testing for this has come to the butt end of it and the claim is 30HP @ wheels on a stock ecu .... now minus the US corrections etc etc i'd say if its all correct ur looking @ a 15kw@w gain ..... now for $1000 USD - $1400 USD thats not 2 bad.

So come on fellas .... we need some independant AU testing ..... who is gonna step up 2 the plate ?

i am also looking @ all u PFC owners as this mod is perfectly suited for u ....... if all i hear is crickets then ur all soft :P :P :P :P :P

Just checked out the post, and the damn 30hp at the wheels is insane, thats like another 20kw!!!

I'm waiting for a confirmation of fitment before I make a friggin move!!

If you are going ahead with it, im keen aswell.. let me know

Just checked out the post, and the damn 30hp at the wheels is insane, thats like another 20kw!!!

I'm waiting for a confirmation of fitment before I make a friggin move!!

That would make two of us . . .

Almost have all the other pieces in place now :spiteful:

Please stop saying it is a 30hp increase as you really need to take into account correction figures between here and the states as Bill has already mentioned. It would probably be more like 15-20 odd hp here in Aus.

For the price you have quoted i'm sure somewhere like Westside, CES and the like could do for the same money maybe even less. take them a pic and some measurements and see what they would charge.

I'm sure someone could get one made up, but is anyone keen on doing R&D?? Being in the R&D department at work, sometimes a minor difference in design translates to a big difference in performance.

I know that the guys in the US have dyno readings way higher then australia, but what I'm looking at is the difference between the numbers not the actual figure itself. So if the increase is 30hp, then its 22.35kw. So if they read 20% higher then it would be around 18.625kw or 25hp. Even then alot of other factors come into play, then again 3 more kw is not going to be that huge of a difference.

Bill is probably laughing at this right now, squabbling over little increase in power :rolleyes:

I suppose the only way that we will find out the actual gain is when finally someone gets there hands on it over here.

Remember this IM has been designed for whatever cams are in the test engine (stock?). So if you go put some nice sexy Stage 2 Piper cams in, it all goes to wall, and you could actually lose power relative to the stock cams (maybe not across the whole rev range, but still...).

Gav.

Bill is probably laughing at this right now, squabbling over little increase in power :rolleyes:

lol ..... yes i am ..... several clicks of the boost controller to the left nets the same results .... i.e. an increase in 30HP .... lol

but hey ..... i guess it all helps right

lol ..... yes i am ..... several clicks of the boost controller to the left nets the same results .... i.e. an increase in 30HP .... lol

only 30hp....such a tiny amount, not sure I would even notice :P

only 30hp....such a tiny amount, not sure I would even notice :P

well i could push the happy button for a net of 80HP if that makes it any better for u north :P :P :P :P