Hit by a bus

ApBPaul

well i live in a small unit wit no garage space, so my car is parked on the street and has been so for the last year.

But today a fkn transperth bus decides he wants to ram into it.

as a result i have dents on the right side door, scratches, dents on the skirt, rim and tyre, the right side bumper is off and my custom grill is completely snapped =[

ridelt.jpg

heres just one pic of many i took on my fone =[

freakin transperth, u know that sign behind the bus saying Give Way? STUFF THAT!!!

they make their own way so many times have i seen or nearly been in an accident because

of bus drivers racing the clock on their routes. dont worry man ur aurion will be up and running again!

p/s: OUuuuchhhhh :(

Edited by Y-tRy

Bad news At least the insurance is paying but they should give you a loan car since it is their fault.

correct. if the other partys insurer has accepted liability (which they should according to barometer 1 - quote this, that'll shut them up), you are legally entitled to claim for hire car costs through them.

generally they dont mention this to you because they want to minimise their loss ratio on claims.

the only pitfall of that is you will have to pay for it yourself initially, and forward the invoices/receipts to the insurer who will reimburse you for it.

Edited by lateralus

Bad news At least the insurance is paying but they should give you a loan car since it is their fault.

correct. if the other partys insurer has accepted liability (which they should according to barometer 1 - quote this, that'll shut them up), you are legally entitled to claim for hire car costs through them.

generally they dont mention this to you because they want to minimise their loss ratio on claims.

the only pitfall of that is you will have to pay for it yourself initially, and forward the invoices/receipts to the insurer who will reimburse you for it.

really!? i called them up and asked if they gonna pay for a loan car and say said no =.="

sorry to hear that mate. i'm guessing they can't cover for the sports grill?

also it looks like transperth is trying to recoup the cost by making you take public transport <_<

Edited by chicken

also it looks like transperth is trying to recoup the cost by making you take public transport <_<

yeah the stock standard grill is going to be used, imma have to get a grill from thailand all over again, which is a pain because ive been trying to contact them for eyelids for almost 2 weeks n still nothing... sighh

yeah how ironic a bus destroys my car and now i have to take the bus...

really!? i called them up and asked if they gonna pay for a loan car and say said no =.="

The bus crashed into a parked car? Wth..!

Sorry to hear this man..

Well, They should cover for a loan car at least to compensate! It's common sense to replace evrything including the non-material loss that resulted from the accident.

That's 2 bad news for a White Aurion in 5 mins.. >.< :(

yeah the stock standard grill is going to be used, imma have to get a grill from thailand all over again, which is a pain because ive been trying to contact them for eyelids for almost 2 weeks n still nothing... sighh

yeah how ironic a bus destroys my car and now i have to take the bus...

I am trying to get some stuff from the Thai side thru a Thai friend, not really confident everything will pull thru, but if they did reply i can help you ask for the grill.. can you pm me your details so that we can liaise from there if i get a reply from them.

btw there is a grill on sale on the buy/sell thread and ebay, you might want to consider that if you are in a hurry.

Bus drivers .... some of them are freakin crazy.

I was waiting to cross at the lights on the corner of Lonsdale street and Swanston Street one afternoon and the "Green Man" came up for the pedestrians (including myself) to cross over Lonsdale st , I took two steps and noticed that a bus was barreling through the intersection along Lonsdale ... I look at the driver and kinda threw up my hands in a "WHAT THE F^^K" type motion ... we all stepped back to the curb and the driver continued to floor it.

He then let go of the steering wheel and with both hands flipped us the bird.

What a prick.

Bus drivers .... some of them are freakin crazy.

I was waiting to cross at the lights on the corner of Lonsdale street and Swanston Street one afternoon and the "Green Man" came up for the pedestrians (including myself) to cross over Lonsdale st , I took two steps and noticed that a bus was barreling through the intersection along Lonsdale ... I look at the driver and kinda threw up my hands in a "WHAT THE F^^K" type motion ... we all stepped back to the curb and the driver continued to floor it.

He then let go of the steering wheel and with both hands flipped us the bird.

What a prick.

omg thats crazy!! fk the other day i was on the bus (because a bus killed my car..how ironic) and the guy almost hits a suv and then starts slapping himself with both hands...watta crazy M F

• 4 weeks later...
Great stuff...

feels good doesnt it to have the car back....

makes u start appreciating it all over again yeah?

deffinately, i love it more then ever now - and power steering! the car i was driving b4 didnt have it and now the handling feels absolutely amazing!