Something that ALL Sportivos should read and know

coladuna

I dont think we will be seeing this version of the sportivo.... I could be wrong but toyota aus may not be looking to invest in this again.... it would be good if they do

There was another thread where MickySportivo mentioned that he had recieved a memo from TMC advising the end of the Corolla SPortivo from 31 October.

I read in an artivle last week in the newspaper here in Brisbane that all major manufacturers are heading towards a trend of rebadging their vehicles with different names.

TMC have already annouced that the new Echo will be known as the Yaris. We all know that this is what they call it in almost every country in the world except Australia.

Maybe this means that the new Corolla's will be released as either a RSi, RunX, T-Sport or even Matrix....

There's something to think about....

I dont think we will be seeing this version of the sportivo.... I could be wrong but toyota aus may not be looking to invest in this again.... it would be good if they do

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are already getting this version of the Sportivo, are we not? I was under the impression that this is the facelifted 05 Sportivo.

If that's the case, it dispells so many BS that's been posted against Sportivos saying that they have no torque below 6000rpm.

90% of the peak torque of 180nM being available from as low as 3600rpm is better than many other low-revving cars out there.

Just shows that you can't say anything unless you have the torque curve in front of you, yet people are so quick to judge the characteristics of cars just from looking at where the peak torque arrives.

guys dont forget that South Africa recieved their cars like 12+ months before we got ours.

I mean they are manufactored in the country.... Also the t-sport in europe has been available since start 2002..... where as we didnt get ours till mid/late 03.

So this may look like the current face lift but it would appear that it has been retuned as im pretty sure the 05 doesnt have 80% of its torque at 1600 rpm's as the changes for AUS for 03 to 05 are only cosmetic.....

It would appear that toyota has taken a page out of Audi and VW's book by having the high torque at such low rpm's....

Hopefully we do get them so we can take it out for a test drive ;) ;) ;)

guys dont forget that South Africa recieved their cars like 12+ months before we got ours.

I mean they are manufactored in the country.... Also the t-sport in europe has been available since start 2002..... where as we didnt get ours till mid/late 03.

So this may look like the current face lift but it would appear that it has been retuned as im pretty sure the 05 doesnt have 80% of its torque at 1600 rpm's as the changes for AUS for 03 to 05 are only cosmetic.....

It would appear that toyota has taken a page out of Audi and VW's book by having the high torque at such low rpm's....

Hopefully we do get them so we can take it out for a test drive ;) ;) ;)

I agree with xoom ... if these changes had applied to our Sportivo, you can bet your bottom dollar that Toyota would have been screaming from the hilltops, because it addresses the major issue that people seem to have with the 2ZZ.

I don't see how you guys think that it's a different car. Everything in article decribes the 2ZZGE engine we have on our cars now. We all know since the recall, Toyota changed the airbox, ECU, etc to make the car produce claimed power, which also improved mid-range torque.

I have no doubt it is the same car. This article was written in March and my car was built in May 05. How can it not be the same car?

Edited by coladuna

I don't see how you guys think that it's a different car. Everything in article decribes the 2ZZGE engine we have on our cars now. We all know since the recall, Toyota changed the airbox, ECU, etc to make the car produce claimed power, which also improved mid-range torque.

I have no doubt it is the same car. This article was written in March and my car was built in May 05. How can it not be the same car?

I don't know the exact build date of the 05 model stivos but there is 2 different verions of stivos built in 05.

ZZE123R 92 which was built before april

ZZE123R 5Y which was built after april. (not long after that article it seems)

So possible we do allready have this stivo ?

can anyone confrim this ?

I don't know the exact build date of the 05 model stivos but there is 2 different verions of stivos built in 05.

These are both very interesting points, would Toyota SA really spend the extra time effort and hassle of having different powered vehicles for different markets when it is one of the lower volumes of the range, doesn't make sense to me.

So to backup 02Rollas question: Is the described car already here?

These are both very interesting points, would Toyota SA really spend the extra time effort and hassle of having different powered vehicles for different markets when it is one of the lower volumes of the range, doesn't make sense to me.

I believe if it was it would have been marketed in Australia like what the South Africans did with theirs. How about a pre April 05' built benchmark with a post April 05' built Stivo ;) . The different engine characteristic should be very easy to tell.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

I believe if it was it would have been marketed in Australia like what the South Africans did with theirs. How about a pre April 05' built benchmark with a post April 05' built Stivo ;) . The different engine characteristic should be very easy to tell.

Why would Toyota want to spend big bucks in marketing the fact that they stuffed up before? It's highly unlikely, almost impossible, that they'll introduce a different spec car just for the SA market, which doesn't differ from one another all that much.

hmmmm....interesting .... supposidly lighter but at the same token i have seen redbook get it all wrong before.....

yeah so have i redbook is not the most accurate information in the world but then again what is

besides my build model is march05 so im assuming i have the one thats not so good if you go by the redbook

but i didnt see much difference until it got down to kerb weight everything else was tyhe same so im not too worried at the moment

My 2cents worth guys. - From South Africa

I actually think they purposely did it cause the pre-facelift had a bad reputation of not delivering claimed power. I know two guys which have the new spec, there cars are very similar to the pre-facelift model which had the ECU upgrade and airbox change (like my one). THe one guy had a pre-facelift and now bought a face-lift, he has done some mileage and he feels the car is very similar ... if not the same.

It peevs me to no end when these articles talk about how the power has improved so dramatically ... yeah right :huh: